• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    Most likely 3DS will be main console for 6 gen including D/P remakes if they will be ever created. Distortion World on 3DS would look interesting. 3DS is too good to be abandoned so quickly, it wasn't even used for main games yet.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't see a D/P remake happening for a long time as of now for me anyway the DPPT graphics are perfectly fine and up to date. Hoenn on the other hand could use a tweak. Also Diamond & Pearl have their 6th anniversary this year, time flies...

Well I actually see the 3DS being the main console for several years till around 2017/2018 if you look at the Nintendo DS that was the dominant handheld from 2004-2011.

Last edited:

bctincher15

blue eye + brown eye =awesome
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    I didn't feel like looking through all 70 pages to see if this has been mentioned.
    Is it just me or does N look like an older Wally.

Also, I noticed that most 3rd Gen Pokemon got a sprite redo and some also got color changes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2013
    I think 3DS wasn't even meant to be for mainstream 5 gen's games. In fact it has better graphics and sound than Wii, so this means 3DS is meant for more advanced Pokemon games just like Gamecube in gen 3 and Wii in gen 4. I guess mainstream games in gen 5 will be still for DS.

3DS is revolutionary because it has better graphics and sound than Nintendo's home consoles and is a handheld.

Check this video and you will see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVETRohXnrg

Also notice that every Nintendo's full 3d console was released approximately 5 years after another.
    N64 - 1996
    Gamecube - 2001
    Wii - 2006
    3DS - 2011

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    You know what, I just discussed the exact same thing on the Third Game Speculation thread, and since I write so much that goes under-appreciated, I'm just going to repost what I said there here.

---

The concept of black and white is the concept of two drastically different individual ideas being juxtaposed against one another, much like good and bad, natural and artificial, and reality and fantasy. Black and White is consistent with those themes throughout the game. There are also many instances throughout the game where confuse black for white and white for black, much like Team Plasma's objectives. Gray is the merging of two different ideas mixed together into one singular, diverse idea. Though we tend to view the world in the two most fundamentally different colors, black and white, we need to realize that there is a spectrum of different shades between the two, also knowns as the gray. As I'm 99% positive that the next main-series game to be released is going to be Pokemon Gray, we will build upon this idea more.

One of the most notable ways to build upon the idea of two becoming one (much like Kyurem will likely have a form composed of both Reshiram and Zekrom) is by having the option to play Pokemon Gray on either the Nintendo DS or Nintendo 3DS. Gamefreak may either produce two separate versions of Gray, one for the Nintendo DS and another compatible with Nintendo 3DS, or, most likely, produce Pokemon Gray so then it operates fine on the Nintendo DS, but also take full advantage of the features on the Nintendo 3DS if played on the Nintendo 3DS (much like how Pokemon Gold and Silver, though made for Gameboy Color, can actually be used with the original Gameboy). I suspect that Nintendo, in order to maximize profits, will likely market the game for Nintendo 3DS by having the box labeled for Nintendo 3DS, even though it can still run on a Nintendo DS (Pokemon Crystal actually did something similar- its box says its for Gameboy Color, but the back also says it is compatible with the Gameboy Advance, which was just being released at the time of Crystal's release). This helps convey the idea that this current generation of Pokemon is a "transitional generation"- a Pokemon generation where no pair of systems is established to be the system mostly associated with that generation. Eventually, when the Ruby/Sapphire remakes come along, Nintendo or Gamefreak may just decide that the Nintendo 3DS is popular/widespread enough that they don't have to make it compatible with the Nintendo DS and only release the remakes for the Nintendo 3DS.

---

If you kept reading my original post on the Third Game Speculation thread, I went into detail about how I think Gray will connect Unova to the Kanto/Sevii/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh nation. Hopefully the connection will come as an introduction to the Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • Hey do you guys think they'd reintroduce the original Pokemon Contests? Or would they stick with the "dress up your Excadrill like a Gardevoir" thing?

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I didn't feel like looking through all 70 pages to see if this has been mentioned.
    Is it just me or does N look like an older Wally.

Also, I noticed that most 3rd Gen Pokemon got a sprite redo and some also got color changes.

yeah that is interesting, but i'm doubtful it means anything because in R/S/E he had a family and everything.

Years
  • Hey do you guys think they'd reintroduce the original Pokemon Contests? Or would they stick with the "dress up your Excadrill like a Gardevoir" thing?

They'd probably do the contests again in the remakes. With remakes they usually tend to keep a lot of the old stuff like that, just enhance it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It would have been better to wait until an R/S remake to revamp all the sprites but I'm sure they will get redone again.

It's a matter of professionalism. Constantly re-using the same sprites for 4 years running comes across really poorl, so they prioritised new sprites on who had the oldest sprites and the ones with sprites not suited for animation.

The 3DS's higher resolution screen means everything needs new graphics.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I feel that pokemon would do it, because it sells, although you can already play any region on the Nintendo DS Lite.
    Playing any region in the DS lite doesn't matter, you can play FR/LG and HG/SS in the DS lite which has kanto, without this reason GF would still make R/S remakes because many Pokefans want it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Every region is already featured in some sort of DS game anyway, except R/S.

Kanto - HG/SS
    Johto - HG/SS
    Sinnoh - D/P/P
    Unova - B/W

Hoenn is the only main game region not featured on an actual DS game.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I Honestly don't see the point of buying it when they rate blaziken a uber

Blaziken without its DW ability should be fine, at least IMO anyways.

Hoping to see some new sprites for Hoenn's Pokes though TBH and maybe some new moves available too like with Grovyle learning Razor Leaf around level 19 for example lol.

Years
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but here's a minor reason that a remake of ruby/sapphire makes sense

as of now, there is no way to grow/obtain berries in generation five games unless through the dreamworld. Even so, it is really tedious to get the berries you want. R/S/E were the first generation where you can grow berries, therefore if they remake it in gen 5, you can trade berries over without having to deal with dreamworld crap.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but here's a minor reason that a remake of ruby/sapphire makes sense

as of now, there is no way to grow/obtain berries in generation five games unless through the dreamworld. Even so, it is really tedious to get the berries you want. R/S/E were the first generation where you can grow berries, therefore if they remake it in gen 5, you can trade berries over without having to deal with dreamworld crap.

I thought that myself and was quite disappointed with the whole removing of the system, although you may be right and it could have been left out purposely to be re-introduced in a remake possibly.

Also, I'd like to see Hoenn with the Physical/Special split.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back