• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
  • Hey zel loving the new beta!!!

I just beat the elite 4 with this team

Aipom - 38
    Gyarados - 38
    Sceptile - 39
    Typhlosion - 39
    Gengar - 44(this was the main pokemon I used)
    Ho-oh - 47

Cant wait to get to kanto, just heading there the now!:D You are amazing at hacking, i hope you still like pokemon after this and do some more amazing hacks:D

And i just caught a level 60 aggron!:D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    I think there is a problem with the game...whenever I beat the Elite four, it says "The End" and doesn't let me continue....it goes straight to the new game starting :S

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I think there is a problem with the game...whenever I beat the Elite four, it says "The End" and doesn't let me continue....it goes straight to the new game starting :S
    check your save type
    if it's 64...you may be screwed.
    if you don't set it to 128 before playing, sometimes it won't let you save. meaning, you'll have to start over to continue

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I am racing threw a Fire red ROM so I can trade my Shiny Tentacool over to it then start a new game on SG

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    In the Dragon's Den, how do you get through the rock that says "This path is only open to Dragon masters?"

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Zel, in the place where the weird signal is coming from, one time instead of jamies name being "jamie" its "James"

Fixed.

When you are on Karen's room, open menu and enter your bag the exit and... you will see how the hero walk when you're on the menu....

Forgot to put it on the list, but I cannot fix it yet (it's related to the Level Scripts, and last time I screwed up the rom trying to fix it. Leave it as it is for now)

That's one of the many mistakes in the game. double battles need an extra pointer for "if you ahve 1 pokemon". Happened to me too, not only with carlos but also with twins, etc. (Yeah, remembering old times, I picked cyndaquil and went through smashing them all with him. It's now level 32 and i'm at olivine).

Yep, but adding more stuff for their scripts can be tiring... *lazy*

And, I really never thought people just played their game with just one pokemon... You people are crazy! XD

Is it possible for you to make it so the credits don't appear after the Elite Four and just make you start back in New Bark Town?

Nope, I like the way it is now, with credits showing up mid-game (as in the original)

i beaten the elete 4 once and i went back to victory road and it looks bad =/ i mean messed up glitches

Fixed.

That fly stuff is because zel hasn't edited fly positions yet, and he didn't edit the world map (you'll see the islands if you look at the map in various places). I hope he manages to put each region in each single map or there will be a mess.

Sometime, sometime I'll discover how the info on the flying posts on the world map work (as in CBMan and Blazichu's hack, that could fix a lot of problems)

But, meanwhile, we all know the problems on the fly function. So, just walk, as it is known "walking is good for your health" XD

When am I supposed to get the call from Prof.Elm to activate the Celebi Event >.> I already got the 3 badges in Kanto that I can get

You are supposed to enter Cerulean from one of the spots, then the script will check if you have the first two Badges and you'll get the call (unless you are cheating to avoid walking on the correct tiles, or you had problems with the flags)

Summarizing, the problem is a little rock that u should take away, also, this rock wasn't there in G/S/C (anyway it wouldn't have been a problem since in those games rock smash wasn't a HM).

Took out the rock (I put it 'cause there seemed to be a rock, but we now need the HM), so now it's fixed.

The same problem is happening with me. I think we were suppose to normally save at one point with the Flash128k thing, and whoever did'nt is screwed, having to go through the trouble of beating the game all over again :'(
    Probably the best place to save is before challenging Lance.

Well, I did say a few times that you should start the game from the begining, patching over a clean rom, and making sure you can save. I'll keep repeating this a few times till everyone understands it :D

I think I will make a walkthrough so people won't ask the same questions every time :P

That will be really appreciated, because a few people were supposedly writing something. I never got anything, though.

Noo i downloaded a clean fire red rom for 100 % because i was waiting for beta 4 so i could play the game from the beginning ..
    i dont understand that thing with clair :(

If you are also using save files or save states from an older beta game, you could also have problems with the flags, as some may have been changed. Normally, she comes as soon as you get the item.

In the Dragon's Den, how do you get through the rock that says "This path is only open to Dragon masters?"

For now, you don't have the necessary to become a "Dragon Master", most likely, you'll become one in the next Beta (but obviously, I won't reveal that info XD)

I keep editing the X, while fixing stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    check your save type
    if it's 64...you may be screwed.
    if you don't set it to 128 before playing, sometimes it won't let you save. meaning, you'll have to start over to continue

How do I check it? and how to set it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    I dont know if this will work or if im allowed but here is a save file with a shiny Tododile and Tentacool for anyone who wants those. I didnt get that far in the game. Infact I only battled Your two rivals so here.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • I dont know if this will work or if im allowed but here is a save file with a shiny Tododile and Tentacool for anyone who wants those. I didnt get that far in the game. Infact I only battled Your two rivals so here.

Can you put that with a .sav at the end? just like the one that the vba outputs originally?

On which page has the beta's 4 download of shiny gold?

On the First page here

Edit: Beaten

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Here is the Shiny Tododile and Shiny Tentacool file again if the first one doesnt work try the second one

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    hmm, interesting...it seems ALL pokemon in Lake of Rage are Shiny, this includes wild magikarps and gyarados.
    Not that i'm complaining. XD

*edit* : hmm, might just be my game, but afterwards visiting Lake of rage, any pokemon i encounter on any route is shiny.
    might be a problem with the Rom i'm using, but still...anybody else had this "problem"?

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • I've made a RAW Walktrough for Beta 4 of Shiny Gold.
    It may have some spelling/grammar mistakes, but it is readable.
    I only need to update the Farfetch'd puzzle and the Underground switch puzzle.

This walktrough will not show the location of every pokemon and the pokemon of trainers (except with some rivals and gym leaders/E4).

I made it for the people who flood this topic with "play" questions instead of reporting bugs etc.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/kirk/Pokemon%20Shiny%20Gold%20Walktrough.doc

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    I can confirm this works with the GBA emulator for the PSP. Also, the Route 32 pokemon center works perfectly now.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • ok i have a question! ummm in beta 4..which is the 1 i have...u can get up to 3 badges in kanto rite? and in the next beta will u b ablle 2 finish the game and will all the legnds b in it? im very curious..lol
    thanx

No, all the legends will be in the very last beta, there probably will be a beta after the beta that has the rest of the badges to add the legends and to fix the remaining glitches. (this will probably be in beta 6 or 7)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back