• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    ur lucky man, u shouldnt have reloaded the game, or wise u could have caught some interesting shiny pokemons.

Well, i still have the intern save state, so i can still can catch Shinies whenever i want...

Oh and Zel, I was wondering what if you traded a pokemon with a held TM from fire red, would this remain the same or change according to the *new* TM list, possible errors?

Last edited:

rithwik

Modern story maker
    Years
  • ok i have a question! ummm in beta 4..which is the 1 i have...u can get up to 3 badges in kanto rite? and in the next beta will u b ablle 2 finish the game and will all the legnds b in it? im very curious..lol
    thanx

the 1 u have is beta 4. NO 1 knows whether the in next beta we will be able to complete the game, i think Zel didnt anounce it.:nervous:

ok i was wondering...how do u trade 2 other games wen u play this on the computer...o and also dodntzels comp crash and now hes not gonna do more betas?
    thanx

u can trade on a single computer using vba. Zel is going to do more betas.:D

EDIT by FG: Posts merged. Don't double post - read the rules before posting again.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    I love our remake of Gold!!!
    It's so nice!!!
    Y playe the game, it's great, fantastic!!
    Nice work friend, i love the tiles,sprites,minisprites,events,traduction,maps,....
    Good luck friend in your project!!!

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
  • I don't know if this has be posted before but behind your house in New Bark town when you use cut there is a pikachu?Whats that for?

Yea there was about 1/2 a page about this somewhere....anyways,if you say Yes to it and you have room in your party for one more,it joins you,if you don't it stays there until you get some room. You get it at level 10 and it's moves are fairly good. Not sure why it's in the game,though!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 23, 2008
    Yea there was about 1/2 a page about this somewhere....anyways,if you say Yes to it and you have room in your party for one more,it joins you,if you don't it stays there until you get some room. You get it at level 10 and it's moves are fairly good. Not sure why it's in the game,though!

I never notices a Pikachu O_O is it invisble or hidden?

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    Sorry if I double those bugs:
    - After receifing a prize during National Park Contest, a strange portion of letters appear,
    - Carlos talks about our fifth badge of Cianwood City withouth having it (inside Olivine City's Gym)
    - Inside Whirl Islands there is a waterfall with an item in the middle of it. it is not possible to get this item ( I think that just another tile of ground is needed)
    - Whirlpool - I know that you've probably mentioned it, but it's just my thought: lets say hat you don't have any escape ropes, Pokemon with Teleport, Fly, etc. and you train your Clamperl (or Wailmer) with Whirlpool inside Whirl islands. Then you accidentaly let him forgot this move. What will happen?

Last edited:

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Zel, let me just say wow. I have made it to vermilion and I can't stop playing, and I loved the Celebi event. This is by far the best beta yet. Keep doing what you do.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Guys, I've used the new patch, and I went excatly to that place, and I can't have it. I have beat the Rocket both times.

Remember that is important to do the Amelia event at the Power Plant in the last release with the Part fix. If you saved after you did that event, then the flag necessary for the item to show up would not been cleared.

Thanks, I'll put it on the first post also.

Also, the Route 32 pokemon center works perfectly now.

No, that's not true. It still has the annoying problem of not being of use if you "continued" the game without going to any other PC previously (by the way, did you people notice that I added the Route10 PC with the same problem? Be careful) In fact, those two centers really don't have a use at all, I used the other PCs scripts, but all they really do is heal, but if you lose you won't get warped back to that PC, you'd be warped to the last working PC you have used. Gosh...

ok i have a question! ummm in beta 4..which is the 1 i have...u can get up to 3 badges in kanto rite? and in the next beta will u b ablle 2 finish the game and will all the legnds b in it? im very curious..lol
    thanx

That is still to be decided.

Oh and Zel, I was wondering what if you traded a pokemon with a held TM from fire red, would this remain the same or change according to the *new* TM list, possible errors?

Yep, it will transform into the TM of the game you are trading to, obviously.

Hey guys i can't play the game after the league (beta4). after the credits finish i try to continue but it says something about the 1m sub circuit board is not installed....im not sure what to do now. Thx ahead of time!

I repeat. The only way to continue the game is by making sure the game can save and load normally. Forget save states for that part. And for saving, if you have a .sav or .sa1 file generated by a VBA emulator when you hadn't the 128k enabled in the Save Type option of the emu, you WILL have to delete it. Change it to the 128k, after that load the rom into the emulator. And test if it can save and load properly before proceeding any further in the game. If it still has problems, suspect about the rom.

If the game can save and load properly by using the options from the game, then you can start using save states without problems. That's what I do.

Found a Glitch and got a picture of it too.

I was informed of that previously. Fixed

Not to sound ungrateful or anything but whens the X version coming out? It's been about two days since the normal version came out.

The thing is that with the fixing, apart from fixing bugs on the normal Beta4, I also have to fix them on the X version (double work, you see)
    So, when the bug posts get calmer, I'll be able to proceed into the X version and finish it. Then I'll post the last release for both versions, and they will work better than before.

Sorry if I double those bugs:
    - After receifing a prize during National Park Contest, a strange portion of letters appear,
    - Carlos talks about our fifth badge of Cianwood City withouth having it (inside Olivine City's Gym)
    - Inside Whirl Islands there is a waterfall with an item in the middle of it. it is not possible to get this item ( I think that just another tile of ground is needed)
    - Whirlpool - I know that you've probably mentioned it, but it's just my thought: lets say hat you don't have any escape ropes, Pokemon with Teleport, Fly, etc. and you train your Clamperl (or Wailmer) with Whirlpool inside Whirl islands. Then you accidentaly let him forgot this move. What will happen?

I'll check the Contest, it is posible. Carlos doesn't specifcally talks about the 5th Badge, he says you already have 5 badges (and you have 5... or 6, as his event doesn't happen till you get the badge at Cianwood) I don't know why, but I need to go to Whirl and fix the thing (which I haven't done in the past, seems like I run away from those Islans :D)

There are no problems, because whenever you head into a Whirlpool without the move, it automatically sends you back to the "outside" without getting trapped :) (and obviously, you can't get in again after that XD)

john55

Meh
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    (Long post) all I can do is describe the glitch as best I can)(Note:I am using my old save but it might just be me but it might be worth to check out)I Found a really nasty glitch but it doesn't permenantly mess up your game. When your at the elite four and get to room with the girl with the dark pokemon(lol I forgot the name) and she has lorlie's sprite from Fire red, When you open the menu and check your pokemon and then exit the pokemon menu the comp takes over your character in that very room with the main menu open and you walk upwards in the direction your standing until you reach the above wall and stop(b/c theres a wall there of course)HOWEVER if your below the elite four member sprite you walk right through her,when you exit the menu it stops walking and moves the games view/camera (you could call it) 1 whole tile to the right AND you can do this multiple times and continue to move the camera 1 tile to the right each time you do it. After you battle her and leave the room the camera glitch resolves itself and does not seem to effect her elite four battle window.
    2) Plus when I was screwin around in azalea town I was able to talk to the top right small tree above the charcoal mans house in azalea town. The game opens and close the talk window once you speak to it. (It doesn't say anything to begin with)As you can see it be pretty hard to take a screenshot of both pictures, other than that I don't seem to have any problems with beta 4 but like spelling errorss like the ship wth the pda and when I spoke with morty to fix the ghost buster in one of his lines, he said "with your (KANTO's) adventure." it suposed to be just KANTO. Keep on wokin hard zell! :)(I have some spelling errors too lol) (Oopps I almost forgot I changed beta's after the elite four becuase I wasn't sure if I had the glitched one or not but I don't think I did in the first place)

Last edited:

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
    Years
  • (Long post) all I can do is describe the glitch as best I can)(Note:I am using my old save but it might just be me but it might be worth to check out)
    I Found a really nasty glitch but it doesn't permenantly mess up your game.

When your at the elite four and get to room with the girl with the dark pokemon(lol I forgot the name), When you open the menu and check your pokemon and then exit the pokemon menu the comp takes over your character in that very room with the main menu open and you walk upwards in the direction your standing until you reach the above wall and stop(b/c theres a wall there of course)

HOWEVER if your below the elite four member sprite you walk right through her,when you exit the menu it stops walking and moves the games view/camera (you could call it) 1 whole tile to the right AND you can do this multiple times and continue to move the camera 1 tile to the right each time you do it. After you battle her and leave the room the camera glitch resolves itself and does not seem to effect her elite four battle window.

2) Plus when I was screwin around in azalea town I was able to talk to the top right small tree above the charcoal mans house in azalea town. The game opens and close the talk window once you speak to it. (It doesn't say anything to begin with)As you can see it be pretty hard to take a screenshot of both pictures, other than that I don't seem to have any problems with beta 4 but like spelling errors like the ship wth the pda and when I spoke with morty to fix the ghost buster in one of his lines, he said "with your (KANTO's) adventure." it suposed to be just KANTO.

Keep on wokin hard zell! :)

Oopps I almost forgot I changed beta's after the elite four becuase I wasn't sure

(its really hard to read your post, so I edited it to make readable)
    so here it goes...
    First and foremost I think all of these glitches are invalid because
    1) you are not using a clean save
    2) you are using an old beta
    3) you are probably using and already patched rom
    If you can post pictures (helpful) or a lot of pictures (more helpful) then we could see what you are talking about and maybe be able to help you. Or (if you know how) you can make video of it. (best)

I know you can't post links so give me a pm and I'll post it for you.

Last edited:

john55

Meh
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    Previously written by shadoweevee
    (its really hard to read your post, so I edited it to make readable)so here it goes...
    First and foremost I think all of these glitches are invalid because
    1) you are not using a clean save
    2) you are using an old beta
    3) you are probably using and already patched rom
    If you can post pictures (helpful) or a lot of pictures (more helpful) then we could see what you are talking about and maybe be able to help you. Or (if you know how) you can make video of it. (best)

I know you can't post links so give me a pm and I'll post it for you.

Thank you, but here is what I know for sure I'm sorry for not being so clear and thanks for the fix. :)
    1)Yes I am using a old save(originally from preview beta 4)
    2)I checked and I'm almost positive that I was not using an old beta 4.
    3)As for me using an old ROM/clean one that you would probablly know beter than me as I use the auto patch on VBA I never physically patch the game over my ROM using an LIPS program, since when I depatched it when I first got preview bata 4 the ROM turned perfectly back to normal.

I checked the tree in azalea town and it does seems to have resolved itself(I was though using the newest beta) If I figure out how reproduce again I will post a picture but for now nothing happens. As of right now I don't know how to make a video of it so if you could point me in the right direction thankyou. I haven't been on a real forum on quite awhile so i'm sorry if I don't seem to do the obvious. But you are probally right about the rom thing.

Years
  • I have a problem. I saved my shiny gold, then when I reloaded it, it thinks there is no save file because I started a new game, closed it for a bit, then when I reloaded it it went to the screen where it shows you the controls. Help!

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I have a problem. I saved my shiny gold, then when I reloaded it, it thinks there is no save file because I started a new game, closed it for a bit, then when I reloaded it it went to the screen where it shows you the controls. Help!
    You need to manually save the game by going into File > Save. Then save it somewhere. When you want to play it again Go File > Load
    and load it from where you saved it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2008
    This hack s brilliant. I've been playing it non-stop since I downloaded the beta! Keep up the good work Zel! My only problem is that I can't save the game properly. Everytime I try it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory." Now I've done the Save Tpe > Flash 128k thing but it sill doesn't work. And I need to be able to save because I'm currently training for the elie 4! Can anyone help me?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2008
    This hack s brilliant. I've been playing it non-stop since I downloaded the beta! Keep up the good work Zel! My only problem is that I can't save the game properly. Everytime I try it says "Save error. Please exchange the backup memory." Now I've done the Save Tpe > Flash 128k thing but it sill doesn't work. And I need to be able to save because I'm currently training for the elie 4! Can anyone help me?

you will need to start over again with save type Flash 128 enabled from the start.

Sorry...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back