• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I just got the chance to start playing this beta. Something weird happened to me when I was training. My name somehow changed from "Gold" to "Gol". So now, my Chikorita is treated as if it were traded because the OT is Gold, even though the ID numbers are the still the same. It doesn't listen to me now..., trained to high, I guess.

john55

Meh
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    I saw that some people found the machine part in different spots (or at least I think) I found the machine part 1 tile above the spot where dirk123 marked it, being on lapras at the waters edge. I hope this will help some of you out if you understand.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Hey zel, I've a little question:
    In the Ice Cave there's a waterfall that I climbed, but when I got up there was room/sub-cave/whateveryouwanttocallit which had a boulder to be moved with strenght but apart from that the room had nothing at all, no items, no hidden items and not even pokemons!!!

Have u already edited that part of the ice cave (I suppose u haven't)??? or is it going to be the rest place of some legendary???

I wondered the same thing until I received some information.

aaronburnsyou

Hi, I'm not a pokemon.
    Years
  • I just got the chance to start playing this beta. Something weird happened to me when I was training. My name somehow changed from "Gold" to "Gol". So now, my Chikorita is treated as if it were traded because the OT is Gold, even though the ID numbers are the still the same. It doesn't listen to me now..., trained to high, I guess.

Gasp, I remember other people talking about that happening to them at one point also. I don't remember how to fix it, so an alternate, more resourceful method of surviving the glitch might just be to catch more pokemon and use those to get the badge needed to get your pokemon to obey you.

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    Gasp, I remember other people talking about that happening to them at one point also. I don't remember how to fix it, so an alternate, more resourceful method of surviving the glitch might just be to catch more pokemon and use those to get the badge needed to get your pokemon to obey you.

I could do that, but my Chikorita is like level 13 and I still haven't had my first battle with the rival. It'll be pretty tough to catch if Chikorita makes everything faint. And I was planning to put this on my flashcard, and trading the legendaries to my LG to transfer to Diamond. I don't want Gol as the original trainer. Too bad I'm like that. Anyways, I started a new file.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    Hey Zel

i found some big glitch that could interest you. Since now i hav ghostbuster but i cant use it and i didnt figure out yet who can tell me how to, i thought i might go to sprout tower again. on the highest floor there was the red-haired rival-dude and the scene was just like at the first time u are there, master sage telling him he needs to love his pokemon more and then i fought him again with his same pokemon. Also in azaela the teacher that talks weird english is outside the school again, thought you'd like to know ;]

Still, awesome Hack, great work. Pls keep on releasing more betas so we can play further and plllsss no more betas where you hav to start from the beginning again ;]

@ All others: i got the ghost buster, misty weren'T in her gym and shes NOT at the kap... wth ~.~ what do i hav to do, pls someone, anyone tell me *trying to find answer in the previous sites now*

edit: nevermind, found the walkthrough, thx ;]

Years
  • @zeetro - You can't have a hack where you don't have to continue, it screws with flags and all sorts of variables. Especially if there are changes made to somewhere you have already passed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    nooo ^^ u got me wrong, when i was talkin bout hack i meant the whole game, cause its a hack of pokemon red ;P

@Zel:
    new glitch: when u arrive in kanto using the ship and u talk to the upper sailorman from above him the game crashes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Zel...

For some reason, the RED GYARADOS always have random number attribute exact same with trainer id and secret trainer ID. That made RED GYARADOS always has ssame nature, gender, etc.

Did you take those script by combining with Shiny Patch Action Replay Codes...??? Because it has same case with PAR

Pokemon_X

Trainer
    Years
  • i found something odd when you try to fly from new bark it is placed instead of pallet or island one

oh and if you want my shiny pokemon here they are pigey, etc. and ratata,etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2017
    now i played it till after the pkmn luague but got a problem with the machine part i searched every where in the gym but cant find it

dirk123

Organization XIII
    Years
  • Thanks, JoyRide, but I made a mistake: I made that Clamperl free.
    Is there a way to obtain an other pokemon that knows whirpool?

In the sea between Olivine and Cianwood, I encountered a wailmer there who knew Whirlpool. But it is rare.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2007
    hey ppl, is there some way to find the TM "Sunny Day" in shiny gold? maybe i missed it, i really need that TM, thx in advance.

btw: dont know if its already been mentioned, theres a glitch sometimes when u use the Ship to travel between jotho and Kanto, first the ppl on the ship u can battle with dont see u but u need to talk to them to battle them and then after u won u can battle them right again.. just wanted to mention that one ;]

rithwik

Modern story maker
    Years
  • hey ppl, is there some way to find the TM "Sunny Day" in shiny gold? maybe i missed it, i really need that TM, thx in advance.

btw: dont know if its already been mentioned, theres a glitch sometimes when u use the Ship to travel between jotho and Kanto, first the ppl on the ship u can battle with dont see u but u need to talk to them to battle them and then after u won u can battle them right again.. just wanted to mention that one ;]

Zel has already mentioned about this "glitch".:P

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • (Long post)

The thing on Karen's room was already informed, and I already knew about it, as I really can't fix that problem.
    And, are you sure it was a message box, wouldn't it be that you just heard a "click" sound? Because that's the way the Headbutt Trees behave when you don't have the move Headbutt in your party.

Not sure if this has already been noted, but it IS possible to sequence break the game under the right conditions. I remember watching a video on Youtube of someone healing at Mohagany's Pokemon Center, then running out to Route 44 and using Teleport...and appearing in the Route 04 Pokemon Center. Curious (and partly wanting to get a Treecko early), I gave it a shot, but this time before doing the Lake of Rage storyline. I ended up in Blackthorn City as the result >_>

You need to use a save from B3.5, but if I can make a suggestion, I'd avoid getting to Kanto through the glitch. Because I really can assure you that you will activate or deactivate a lot of flags and the game's events will start acting crazy (I wonder if some of the problems some people have could have been caused by their curiosity)

I've reached S.S. Aqua. However, after getting stuck with Jess and Jamie, I can't get out of the ship!!! Does anyone (Zel?) know what to do???

Well, I need to know what it means "I can't get out of the ship", to understand better which script is wrong. I think it must mean "the sailor at the door doesn't let me go through, even after I took a sleep, and the PD system said we reached Vermilion", that would be more specific, and, if that was the case, I think I fixed that problem, but I'm not 100% sure, so I will check it out again as soon as I edit the trainers at the ship for the X version.

For some reason the fake radio director wont give me the basement key after I beat him. Have I forgotten to do something?

I've heard about it before... Did he battle you? You should have gotten something, then. It's quite a mystery...

Also, the location of the part in the water was changed!
    I posted a picture of the location on page 190 of this topic.

In fact the item is located one tile above where you posted it... Sigh, I'll just put the screenshot, but in a spoiler...
    Spoiler:

Hey Zel, don't think this glitch has been found yet but on the circled tile you can walk on water to the left. Ok the upload is acting up so the link is the next best thing. And I know that isn't a pic from shiny gold but it is the same tile.

It was already mentioned, and I said I don't know how to fix the problem, as it is a bit complicated the way the Nintendo guys did that part.

Hey zel, I've a little question:
    In the Ice Cave there's a waterfall that I climbed, but when I got up there was room/sub-cave/whateveryouwanttocallit which had a boulder to be moved with strenght but apart from that the room had nothing at all, no items, no hidden items and not even pokemons!!!

Have u already edited that part of the ice cave (I suppose u haven't)??? or is it going to be the rest place of some legendary???

If a room is empty is because there probably is gonna be something there in the future... Or perhaps not, who knows, besides me? XD

I just got the chance to start playing this beta. Something weird happened to me when I was training. My name somehow changed from "Gold" to "Gol". So now, my Chikorita is treated as if it were traded because the OT is Gold, even though the ID numbers are the still the same. It doesn't listen to me now..., trained to high, I guess.

Another of the mysteries, the "name changing" one. Well, luckily, you were just starting the game.

Hey Zel

i found some big glitch that could interest you. Since now i hav ghostbuster but i cant use it and i didnt figure out yet who can tell me how to, i thought i might go to sprout tower again. on the highest floor there was the red-haired rival-dude and the scene was just like at the first time u are there, master sage telling him he needs to love his pokemon more and then i fought him again with his same pokemon. Also in azaela the teacher that talks weird english is outside the school again, thought you'd like to know ;]

Aha, that's right. Weird... XD
    Well, I changed four flags used there, which means the events still will happen once till you the two events again (and should work normally if you just started a new game)

@Zel:
    new glitch: when u arrive in kanto using the ship and u talk to the upper sailorman from above him the game crashes.

Fixed. But does that mean that you were able to use the ship and you were sucessful at getting off the ship once you reached to Kanto?

Zel...

For some reason, the RED GYARADOS always have random number attribute exact same with trainer id and secret trainer ID. That made RED GYARADOS always has ssame nature, gender, etc.

Did you take those script by combining with Shiny Patch Action Replay Codes...??? Because it has same case with PAR

No, it was done through ASM hacking, and anyway, I don't think people could get picky now that they have a real way to get a shiny, or could they? -_-

hey ppl, is there some way to find the TM "Sunny Day" in shiny gold? maybe i missed it, i really need that TM, thx in advance.

After saving the Radio Tower in Goldenrod, the girl walking on the second floor will give you that TM.

I'll post the Bug List again for the last time, to avoid getting repeated bugs. I think by now, almost everything has already been discussed (hopefully, for my sake :P)

BUGS (stuff that I don't like having, but needs some time to investigate, and fix. Or it takes some time to elaborate a script to fix it)

*There's the mystery of the "name change", which I never found, but perhaps because I use save states
    *Keep a good look at your TM bag, because I spotted something weird that I suddenly had like 256 Shadow Ball TMs O.O, and I don't really know what could cause this, perhaps Morty's script? Maybe it won't happen to you or maybe something worse may happen to you. So, keep saving constantly, you never know if something unexpected could show up (If it happens and you saved constantly, this will help me detecting a possible cause. If this ever happens to you)
    *After you pick your starting pokemon, a pokeball disappears, not that it is a BIIIG problem, but it'll still happen...
    *Elm doesn't exactly jumps back when you show him the Egg (unless you speak with him from below)
    *There is a tile at Cherrygrove's PC that I never EVER could get rid of (it shows up after some time, probably 'cause I activated a flag)
    *The killing Route 32 AND Route 10 PC. If you ever go to Route 32 or Route 10 PCs for healing, please make sure you at least went to another PC previously for healing during the current game (this means, if you just "Continued" the game and you need to go to Route 32 or Route 10 PC, better go somewhere else). If not, nurse Joy's script will make your game crash with a lot of weird colours.
    *Avoid getting into a double battle with only one Pokemon and the Egg...
    *There seem to be more problems with Farfetch's movements. I need screenshots of before you speak to it (because I need to detect which is the script with the problem), and then, you can post the incorrect movement.
    *Elite Four Karen's room has a problem in which, if you open up one of the menues (that change screen), and then go back, the event of walking towards Karen will happen again, and this could be done till you really mess up. So, be careful there, as I cannot really fix that. It's a level script causing the problem, and last time I tried to fix it, it really messed up that place.
    *When you travel by the SS.Aqua (not on the first travel, the next ones), you are able to battle against the trainers twice.
    *Cerulean's Gym has a problem when the trainers are not in the Gym, if you step on the tiles they will occupy later, then you'd be able to walk on the water. There is no easy solution there, as I needed to give the tile a permission in order to allow the trainers to battle when hero's on the platform, and they surfing. But if the trainers are not in the Gym, that same permission causes the player to be able to step on it and walk on water.
    *Item-Finder doesn't have a purpose...
    *The map still shows the Islands...
    *There are some problems with some people's sprites when using the VS-Seeker (however, those people shouldn't be affected by the VS-Seeker in the first place, I need to figure out why they're affected)
    *Since the map is still showing the Islands, the fly function will not work as we'd want. Additionally, since I moved New Bark to another map, something has happened to New Bark's flying spot.
    *Still, you may find places where you can't use the Bike (at least E.Ropes should work OK)

OLD BUGS (these may occur if you don't download the latest release (so check the date of release), in the next release all of these problems have already been fixed.

*Charizard sounds as always in the Title Intro
    *When you walk out of Cherrygrove towards the east, the roof tile changes
    *The blackbelt at Dark Cave gives a wrong TM
    *Events at Violet happened again after beating the E4? (I changed flags there, so if you are continuing an old save, the Sprout Tower and the Earl events will happen again for you, anyway)
    *There was an error at the twins at Route37
    *Sometimes the hero's sprites suffer a change of palettes
    *I put a Rock Smash rock at Burned Tower, but then I decided to remove it again
    *Amelia may walk through the fat guy outside of Tohjo Falls.
    *Victory Road changed some tiles after defeating the E4, or after, whatever, I fixed that
    *Bill's grandpa's script had a problem
    *You cannot obtain the Missing Part, so you will need to do the Amelia at Power Plant event again when you get the latest release (if you did it previously)
    *Copycat transforms into the wrong character when you talk to her before fixing the Power Plant
    *Even though I need to be confirmed, I think the problem that didn't allow you to get out of SS.Aqua in the usual travels between Johto & Kanto are now fixed.
    *If you directly spoke with the sailor checking for passes at Vermilion's port after returning to Kanto by ship, he'd freeze the game

ODDITIES (stuff that are not precisely bugs, but most is stuff that I'm lazy to finish. Or it could be that things will work that way in my game)

*I know that there are puzzles in Ruins of Alph incomplete...
    *If you use an Escape Rope at Whirl Islands you'll end up in your last used PC (not that it is that bad, isn't it?)
    *Tiles errors, like water reflecting the hero, some tiles with wild battles assigned to them. Argh, tile fixing is not one of my favorite things...
    *I'm not too sure if there may be some trainers that I haven't edited their lineups for the "X" version. So, in the X version, if you happen to find a trainer with a poke with a level way too low compared to other trainers in that same map (or compared to some of the other pokes for that same trainer), tell me.
    *The trainers' names will still have that "!" or be called "xTrainer/y", since I need something to remind me what I have edited already, and what's left to edit.
    *The battles against Silver will work like how they are working now. With that little "presentation", this is just because this allows me to use a different battle BGM (and in the end, this BGM will be changed for its classic battle BGM)
    *Remember that berries, as the Lapras encounter, the Goldenrod Salon, Kurt's Pokeball making, and the MooMoo Milk selling are somehow connected, if you activate one of those events, the others will be disabled for a few minutes (between 3-5)
    *Also remember that the Headbutt Trees have been touched a bit to make them work sucessfully. The proper way to use them is: Headbutt any tree, then headbutt another somewhere else OR AT LEAST step one tile away, go back to the same tree and Headbutt again.
    *Seems like there could be some cheat codes that could affect the game's normality, don't know why, but don't care.
    *Don't forget you get Whirlpool from the Clamperl that Lance gives you at the Hideout in Mahogany!

REMAIN TO BE DONE (this is stuff planned to be added, most likely in the next Beta)

*Change the Key Items graphics
    *Add the GS music tracks (maybe some of DP, maybe)
    *Add Sacred Ash to the Ho-oh
    *Do the walking sprites for mom (maybe, if I don't replace her sprite with a generic one), Lance, Clair and Misty

And, by the way. I usually save through save states, but I made sure the game could save and load normally as soon as I started the game, just for the E4 part. Perhaps that would be one of the reasons I tend to get less bugs than the rest? Just something to think...

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014

I think it's sold at Celadon Mall.

That glitch only happens once, I think.

Gamewhale

lol --
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Could someone tell me what cities are accessible in Kanto? I have a feeling I may have the Beta 4 preview by accident.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back