• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The pokegear can also be implimented as another menu, with those features in the "pokegear" menu,

Also, Rkevinc1, I see your new here, and I would like to say that it is against forum rules to request emulators and roms, especialy in these type of threads, try google, like everyone else, or go to the official page. (For official page, my suggestion is Google!)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Soulds cool. ... Well, that's bout it, I guess. I wonder what Zel plans to do with the Fame Checker, and overall the PokeGear though...I undertsand that he's concerned right now with fixing up glitches. Hope he gets them fixed soon, then he could continue scripting the game as well as work on the PokeGear. ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
I hope when you register some trainers in the Pokegear (if there will be) and when they call for a rematch and beat them, they will give you some special gifts like the lass in route 38 will give you a Thunderstone.

I was hoping that the shop in celadon would still sell stones like in FireRed/LeafGreen, even tho I know that In Gold this wasn't the case

Last edited:
Years
if he want to implent the pokegear isnt it much easier to look at the script for pokenav in emerald copy it and edit it a little bit and its a great hack

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Lalala... Got some time to answer questions... Lalala...

Before that, I've seen many posts with only one idea in their mind, the "PokeGear". Please, remember that is not yet a priority (gameplay's first), and I won't even dedicate a bit of my time to think how to implement it right now, I don't want to get obssesed about it.
But it's alright that you discuss about it, perhaps a good idea could pop up! :)

... by the way, I know you used Noland's sprite to make Carlos, but is he related to Noland in any way?
LOL Look at Zel's avatar...it's Noland. It's as if Zel is putting himself into his own hack. :D Maybe Carlos is *ROTFLOL* Noland, or a clone! :laugh: (No hard feelings...let imaginations fun free - that's what the Pokemon world is all about...ish...)

WHAT? No, that's not Noland, that's ME! *Goes to cry for five minutes...*

*Returns* ...Snif!

Umm, well, if you could do my idea, (when your done what your doing),I think it would be a great asset to your hack, because it would be great if you could use the VS. seeker and choosing to rebattle those trainers, whether it be two on one, or one on one, but, if you want to make it extra, make it in an area where people are placed so that, you can mix battle different trainers in that area, Ill try to do an example,

Now it sounds even more costy... I have an idea on how to do it that way, using the Floor-Triggering scripts, of course, I don't think the rematches could work the same way. But, let's see at the end how many trainer slots I have left, and I'll fill with what I can...

Hack of Fire Red...hmm...so...that's mine they'll be a fame checker. So what do you plan to do with the Fame Checker function in your hack? Are you just gonna add it in as a bonus, or remove it, or (somewhat) combine it with something else, maybe to make a PokeGear (ish)?

Fame Checker... I'd like to see if it can be tweaked in some way, not just to tell things, if it can the possibilities for it increase, if not, I don't see much use for it. Do you? (well, I could do a bit of humorous comments, but that's all...)

Also Zel, will gymleaders be able to call you so that you can have rematches with them (after you complete the League, that is!)?

I wanted to put that as a feature in my first post, but, since I haven't implement that, I decided better not. But, yes, I'll try to do something with the Gym Leaders (if I have enough trainer slots..., because they'll need new lineups, so new slots)

they will give you some special gifts like the lass in route 38 will give you a Thunderstone.

Hmmm... Doesn't that happen in Crystal? (I haven't rebattled much in the original Gold)

I was hoping that the shop in celadon would still sell stones like in FireRed/LeafGreen, even tho I know that In Gold this wasn't the case

If it wasn't the case, it will not happen, since almost everything should be accurate. But, since I'm adding new events, and, considering that the Evolution Stones have become a bit more important, I'll do something about them.

are you finally going to add the running shoes????

Three pages ago, I declared that the shoes are in...

Alright, that ends today's "Ask Zel" post... This weekend I'll be able to keep on working on the left glitches & oddities (not the ones in my upper level), which are the ones that are located in the backtracking, and after Ecruteak (so I'll see if I'm making mistakes in the part you haven't seen yet) I wish luck to all of your hacks! See ya guys in a few hours!

Years
Alright Zel old boy, you work on what you need, well be here brainstorming, and for the trainers slots, couldnt you make more slots? Or would that interfere with the coding a bit? Just wondering!! xD Anyhoo, good luck with the glitches, and with the hack!

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Zel said:
[quote = me, Goku Goku]Hack of Fire Red...hmm...so...that's mine they'll be a fame checker. So what do you plan to do with the Fame Checker function in your hack? Are you just gonna add it in as a bonus, or remove it, or (somewhat) combine it with something else, maybe to make a PokeGear (ish)?
Fame Checker... I'd like to see if it can be tweaked in some way, not just to tell things, if it can the possibilities for it increase, if not, I don't see much use for it. Do you? (well, I could do a bit of humorous comments, but that's all...)
[/quote]

It can just be the PokeGear. Hey! It would be hard to script...make it like the Poketech in DP? Also, what about the Teachy TV? What are you going to do with that function? Remove it (I see no use in it)? :\

Trainer slots? So you can only have certain amounts of trainers? That's too bad... :surprised:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
It can just be the PokeGear. Hey! It would be hard to script...make it like the Poketech in DP? Also, what about the Teachy TV? What are you going to do with that function? Remove it (I see no use in it)? :\
Well if you looked at the first post ....

image26cq0.png

... you'll see what he has done with the Teachy TV.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Wow, this is still going strong! This is by far the greatest Gold Hack ever! I like this game so much that I even put it on my flash card, so now I can take it anywhere! Anyway, good luck...please finish

Years
hey peeps, i realli like this game, and i was going through ice blue, and i thought about making a box for shiny gold, and well.... here it is:
untitled1copyyv8.png

This is my first Box art...xD
it looks a bit stuffed coz the shiny gold writing, was done by microsoft word... and well, the rest woz thnx to googol!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmmm... I don't know... You're just giving those scary pirates more stuff to steal... Specially when you're making it look like an official game box, I wouldn't like to be just another Chaos Black... I'm just a bit scared, that's all...

Those putting the game in a flash card, I'd like to see a video of how it looks, that would be interesting, haha! (Don't sell it guys!;))

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Yeah, other than that Shing Gold text, the box is pretty neat. Good kob NekroBoi...? Hey...! Are you same person as...woh! You got your name changed! :shocked:

I guess it would be mean if someone just stole your game, then make money out of it. All the work you put into it, then they just take it...it's cruel this world! >:( The other concern then the hackers taking you game is that the game will be illegal, thus you could be get in trouble for it...we hope no. <:(

We won't sell the game - your hack is exclusive to us fellow members, so if anyone wants the hack they have to get it here; otherwise they aren't getting it, and if they pay for it from a pirate, then I pity those poor souls! ;)

Years
why woul you care if someone stole your game when u finishe it u know you made it.
it sucks i know but still you know you made it so if this game will be stolen you shul try to make a better one then before :D

(what am i talking about :paranoid:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2007
yo zel this game is amzing it seriously looks like nintendo made it, i mean its got its glitches but what game in the making doesn't i just joined and i started playing your hack its amazingly awesome cn't wait 4 da next beta but take ur time this is an awesome hack best i've ever seen quick question r u gonna have red/ash in this game like in the original gold

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
All right! Fixings are done! Man, that was some serious fixing...

Since now all I wanted to fix is fixed, is time to continue with the left things, first is to create the Berry trees script, I'll leave the Headbutt for later, cause it's about time that I start with Mahogany.

I'll edit my first post, so you can know which things I fixed, and which I didn't. So, if you find something left out of the list, you may post it, but read the list of Glitches before, thank you!. I don't know if I'll fix anything else for the next Beta, I want to keep on going, glitches or not...

So, I'm going to celebrate by throwing a boulder away! :laugh:
arghdm2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back