• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Solar And Lunar Editions, Rm2k

It's official:the new CBS will be the "official" one. Should I personalize/improve it

• Yes, give it a custom flair

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • No, the standard is perfect

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Alright, I'm changing the music. Bye bye annoying tunes! I've got a new title theme and the new tune for your house/home town is a bit too intense for a peacefull town, but it's an awesome tune anyway and I'm trying to find some place to use it.

Updated list of files to add:
    -strike
    -misc1
    -bolt 2.png

Gokz> Thanks for the offer. However, I think I'm fine on my own. If I need any help I'll let you know! Thanks!

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I'm glad that you're still showing the same
    passion for this game, as when you first started.
    Keep it up!

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I'm still creating the pokemon game that I first started.
    And I renewed all the maps with better chipsets. I've done
    the hunger/sleep system, but I'm wandering if I should put
    it in or leave it out.

Anyway, my game's nothing comared to
    yours, Darkmage!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2004
    Hello

I'm kinda new at this, but just now I read the whole post and I cant find your pokemon game to download, even on your tripod website. But I have saved the chipsets and am now trying to find some pokemon facesets and character sets.
    I'm still new so dark mage's game will be much better than mine, because I used to have rm2k and I just downloaded rm2k3 after about a year, so I'm still catching up, can anyone tell me how to edit the battle screens manually and set background music for the battles ? I forgot most of the stuff.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Hey, does anyone know where I can get a music editor?
    I know I saw the link somewhere, but I don't remember where.
    (Sorry for going off-topic everyone.)

Years
    darkmage... i have played your game... srry i dont mean to be rude or anything but it was very buggy.. i like it.. its kinda kool but needs a lot of work done to it. when are you releasing the full game and would you like any help? i havent had much practice with rm2k3 but i was excellent with rm2k... im almost finished my pokemon game.. if you would like to share ideas or something please feel free to contact me.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Not rude at all! I'm actually looking for some critique. So can you be more specific about the bugs so I can fix them? I don't know when I'm releasing the full game, but every week (almost) I update, always a little closer to the full version. So, there is one thing I need help with, but you can't help until I release the next version. I'm almost read.

Share ideas? Sounds good! I'm doing this AWESOME PC thing. I'm modeling it after the Windows XP operating system. You control the cursor on-screen and you log in as someone, and then you can customize your wallpaper and change settings depending on which account you log in. (ex: bill's for pokemon exchange). It's going to be great! For my next update I'm going to put the first version of this up, but the graphics aren't great and there's no start menue. Any interesting ideas from you?

Years
    wow im impressed! in my game i decided to put a whole battle tower thing in, its going pretty well.. lucky i know about variables.. :S its very mixed up.. anyway there are 5 or six rounds.. i forget. and you battle from a choice of people each round.. some make it through and some dont.. either way you have no control over who you will battle next. i quite liked your battle system.. i opened it up and had a look (if you dont mind) very confusing.. i dont know how you managed all that. mine is sort of confusing but i organised it and well.. i made it so i know how everything all fits together. so yeah.. hmm.. critique.. i didnt like at the start how, instead of asking the time, you asked whether it was day or night. didnt give you much of a choice.. and in your house.. it was kind of buggy downstairs.. if you walked onto the teleport rug from the side you didnt go outside (which is good, dont get me wrong) but if you pressed the down key nothing happened. this can be fixed by making the event just a bit different... change it to the same level as hero and move it down a square. now remove the "if hero is facing down" fork and this works very well. if oyu still want the arrow thing.. just make a seperate event and place it where the old event was. i think you know the rest. and instead of using confusing switches for things that only happen when you are in a house or outside.. use the function "erase event" this will act as a temporary switch..
    Eg. <> Tint screen (R100, G100, B100, S100), 0.3 Sec
    <>Erase Event
    This will make the event complete the tint and then erase itself. it is only temporary though.. it will always be there when you teleport to that map. exactly like a switch, half the work and no wasted switches.. very usefull for maps and things i've found. enough about that.. (sorry if i sounded like i was telling you what to do)
    Lets talk about your battle system.. not much of a problem there but when you run away the event of your pokemon doesnt disappear and it takes just a little too long to teleport you back to where you came from. also you appear on the battle map just before you teleport. (you can fix this by changing graphic after you teleport to the variables) and i do have just one more thing to say. *everyone sighs*
    i have a good idea i would like to share with you, it is my blinking system, i think it adds a nice effect and i have timed it perfectly.. tell me if you would like to hear it.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Thanks Darkmage! I've edited most of my music files.
    When I finish them I'll put them up with all my other charasets.
    And speaking of charasets, do you want any of my Chara/Chipsets?

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    As for being impressed, the PC thing is in total shambles right now... it'll be awesome in later versions though.
    Battle system organization? We all have our ways of doing things ;)
    I've been playing around with "Erase Event" and it's very useful. I think I'll impliment that more in later developments
    When you run your pokemon doesn't dissapear? Oh well. I thought it did. *runs to go fix it*
    About the blinking, I had put that in my game a long time ago. It'll be making a premier in this edition though. That's pretty wierd though! The timing I used was every 4.5 seconds you blink twice at 0.1 second intervals. It's a really neat effect!

Daegon Kimeron> Would you kindly make me a running charset for Hiro? And while you're at it, a biking one? I'm an innate artist with pencil and paper, but I can't draw on the computer for my life. Thanks!

I hope to update tomorrow, but I'm hopefully sending out the next version to my beta testers today.

By the way, like my posts' new makover with the custom avatar and sig?

Years
    have you got the new version yet? I hope you put the PC thing in it. Graphics arent everything. Just find some mad looking graphics later, as long as it has been scripted good i will be impressed.

Daegon, are you a good artist? because i need a good title screen for my game, mine isnt very advanced right now :(

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Well... it will be included, but you also have to understand I did this in about five minutes. I was just trying to put the idea on paper, if you know what I mean. Hopefully later I'll impliment some realy XP screenshots, but right now everything is bare-bones simple. I don't think you'll find it too impressive by this release, but I have high hopes for it. If I get all my work done I'll add more features later.

Do you like the title screen for my game? I can do something like that for you if you want.

Years
    Yes i thought your title screen was great, could you do me one please?
    The game is called Pokemon Rusty II and umm.. could you put an evil mewtwo in the titlescreen.. i dont know.. just tell me what you think would be good. Do you think you could host a demo of my game on your site? because that way i can show you what its like.. i cant really email it to you. i could do it myself but i need a new account. i reached my limit of 20mb on angelfire :(
    anyway it only has to be temporary, you dont even have to host it if you dont want to.
    is your new beta up right now?

Back