• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Hopes and Speculations!

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I don't think we need new battle modes. We have a lot to choose from anyway. I mean I'm sure they will create new battle modes but why do it? Don't we have enough new battle modes ignored enough already? I suppose they could always make double battles standard in-game (which would be a bad move) but that's all they're probably going to do in regards to adding more/changing things in regards to battling. Besides, I don't think they're going to make any major changes until we move to another device so we should be good with the battle modes we have already.
    Colosseum was pure double battle. the main problem with the different battle modes is that all of them except single & double are under used. lets use the gyms in the anime vs the ones in the game as an example. one of the most common rules in the anime is that both the challenger & the gym leader has to have 3 pokemon & both can only use 3 pokemon. you don't see this type of limitation in the main series games. then theres also triple, rotation, inverse & horde(trainer) battles. the main problem with them is, as stated various times already, that their under used. when facing the evil team horde battles should be more common & appear at random(like how wild pokemon do) especially in the evil teams base(s). the other types of battles should also be spread out more & evenly:
    1/5 single, 1/5 double, 1/5 triple, 1/5 rotation & 1/5 inverse. in addition each gym leader should have certain restriction type battles like all pokemon starting off with half their max hp, pokemon get swapped with another random mon after each turn regardless of the opponents move, using a super effective move results in the battle being lost, ect

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • With the battle modes a new battle mode would be nice but i also wouldn't mind if more trainers were battled using other battle modes as while single battles are nice honestly when battling the NPCs using just single battle it gets a bit stale

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    With the battle modes a new battle mode would be nice but i also wouldn't mind if more trainers were battled using other battle modes as while single battles are nice honestly when battling the NPCs using just single battle it gets a bit stale
    theres a lot of things in the pokemon francise that has gotten a bit stale, but the main ones are continuous single battles in the games and ash ketchum. well,that and the lack of an evil team willing to trap the character in a room & use sleeping gas.
    team rocket had enough money to build a few basements under the game courner
    team magma & aqua had enough cash to work on suits that could protect the wearer from the density of the power of the primals
    team galactic & flare had corporations of their own going
    plasma managed to build castle under the pokemon league & flying pirate ship after being split in half
    and none of them had the cash or the brainpower to make a room with sleeping gas with 2 walls that close together upon intruders?

HyperJono

Years
  • theres a lot of things in the pokemon francise that has gotten a bit stale, but the main ones are continuous single battles in the games and ash ketchum. well,that and the lack of an evil team willing to trap the character in a room & use sleeping gas.
    team rocket had enough money to build a few basements under the game courner
    team magma & aqua had enough cash to work on suits that could protect the wearer from the density of the power of the primals
    team galactic & flare had corporations of their own going
    plasma managed to build castle under the pokemon league & flying pirate ship after being split in half
    and none of them had the cash or the brainpower to make a room with sleeping gas with 2 walls that close together upon intruders?

with the whole evil team money thing that is just seriously nitpicky besides pokemon would never do that sorta thing since this is a game meant for children and even if they did im sure one of the characters that supports the player would show up and save them

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    with the whole evil team money thing that is just seriously nitpicky besides pokemon would never do that sorta thing since this is a game meant for children and even if they did im sure one of the characters that supports the player would show up and save them
    the mario series is also made for children.

in the same game mario can be rocketed into space never to be seen again, fall into a black hole & burnt to death in lava
    now lets compare mario galaxy's rating to ORAS
    theres a lot more wiggle room with "mild cartoon violence" then most even realize

HyperJono

Years
  • the mario series is also made for children.

in the same game mario can be rocketed into space never to be seen again, fall into a black hole & burnt to death in lava
    now lets compare mario galaxy's rating to ORAS
    theres a lot more wiggle room with "mild cartoon violence" then most even realize

That may be the case but I think the evil team of the region building a room with with two moving wills to squash the player wouldn't be classed as mild cartoon violence

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I think an evil team who recently just tried to wipe out all of Kalos with a super weapon is plenty of proof of where they'll go with the series without going too far. Which to bring it back on topic, I wonder just how far or backwards they'll go with the plot in S/M?

Zinnious

Lucario Pokken Master
    Years
  • I'm honestly hoping that we do get new starters, but at the same time I also would like the ability to choose any first form pokemon that evolves as my starter as well. I cannot tell you how much I would love to start my game with a Male Ralts to play the new region with Gallade. I'm also hoping they pull a Gen 4 on us with new Pokemon evolutions and Pre-evolutions. For example, Imagine a baby form of Lapras or Tropius, or an Evolution of Jynx with a method similar to Electivire and Magmortar. Just some hopes I have. And I'm expecting the exact opposite. Because Masuda.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Don't know if this is worth bringing up, but it's starting to drive me insane.

Ok... remember last year when we got that "flowers" hint? If some of you don't remember, here's what it was:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com...ting-director-teases-flowers-in-series-future

Now I'm going to show you a tweet from Masuda only 3 hours ago:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/711768368211058689

The thing about this tweet that's been bothering me is that he has been tweeting about this event since around August/September of last year, and not just once but multiple times. If the "flowers" hint ain't about AZ's Floette, this is the only other thing that pops in my mind. Could the location of this festival be a hint towards where the region in S/M might be?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Don't know if this is worth bringing up, but it's starting to drive me insane.

Ok... remember last year when we got that "flowers" hint? If some of you don't remember, here's what it was:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com...ting-director-teases-flowers-in-series-future

The thing about this tweet that's been bothering me is that he has been tweeting about this event since around August/September of last year, and not just once but multiple times. If the "flowers" hint ain't about AZ's Floette, this is the only other thing that pops in my mind. Could the location of this festival be a hint towards where the region in S/M might be?
    Who knew that my Japanese Application Performance will come in handy here... You see in Japan there are flower festivals to signal the start of spring (a classmate of mine brought them up when our team was writing a skit for Japanese involving a trip, we made it Tokyo and decided to go to the Sakura festival). There are multiple flower festivals, but the main one is the Sakura (cherry blossom) one, which typically falls around this time.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years

There was also the eternal flower in sootopolis city in ORAS. We may see AZ back and/or his floette.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Thinking about AZ and the reference to him in ORAS, I wouldn't mind for more NPCs to be recurring in the series. Looker makes minor appearances, Oak had a role in Gen II and is referenced every once in a while like Bill, but I think it'd be cool to have a few characters -not necessarily major ones, but more than the one-off Gym Leaders- to make appearances and have roles in different generations. Didn't Alexa appear in the BW anime before going back to Kalos? As a reporter, I can see her going to different regions. Maybe AZ starts traveling with his Floette (3000 years old and you just walk around one region?).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thinking about AZ and the reference to him in ORAS, I wouldn't mind for more NPCs to be recurring in the series. Looker makes minor appearances, Oak had a role in Gen II and is referenced every once in a while like Bill, but I think it'd be cool to have a few characters -not necessarily major ones, but more than the one-off Gym Leaders- to make appearances and have roles in different generations. Didn't Alexa appear in the BW anime before going back to Kalos? As a reporter, I can see her going to different regions. Maybe AZ starts traveling with his Floette (3000 years old and you just walk around one region?).
    We know that AZ went to Hoenn in the past, so he's travelled across at least 2 regions.

Zinnious

Lucario Pokken Master
    Years
  • I am as well. I'm really hoping the speculation of pokemon/trainer fusion is not true. Mega Evolution was awesome. Fusion should stay in Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-oh!. As for Megas that I would want, I would say my list would be Scrafty, Toxicroak, Yanmega, Flygon, and Every starter from gens 2, 4, and 5. I still think it would be too soon to Mega evolve the Kalos starters. Delphox and Chesnaught need them, yes, but the timing would just be off.

Back