• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: The Eternity Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

charimon

Yeah hacking !! ^^
Years
  • sounds nice ;)
    and why don't u just change the graphicshex of the E hero's to the ones of the FR hero's with RSBALL (since they are already in).
    If I'm correct you'll get the same result ;).

find your ways in hacking and you'll be fine ^^

anyway good luck :P

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • Well, Kike-Scott, I'm working on it. I have some issues with my graphic artist, but I'm pretty sure that he'll get it sorted out. Otherwise, I'll be resorting to making my own tiles.

*New: Groth Tyrant, my graphic artist, made some revanps of the tin tower's roof, so I figured I'd show you the result of what they look like when placed together as one screenshot. Please note that the screenshot is fake, and merely a test of the graphics.
    Pokemon: The Eternity Emerald

*Newer: I took Charimon's advice for the creation of the hero(ine) of Eternity Emerald, and ended up with a pleasant surprise:

However, the heroine's sprite is still at default:

Wow. Two updates in one night. I'd be impressed if they weren't minor updates.

Last edited:

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • The player will be the FireRed hero(ine) in Ru/Sa/Em style, but I still have to find a copy of overworld editor-rebirth edition so that I can import/export overworld sprites.

I'm currently working on Mt. Silver, now known as Mt. Havoc, and trying to make a realistic Pokemon Center that looks carved into the cliffs like the Pueblo Indians' homes.

Last edited:

fedex_sc_14

FeDeX
    Years
  • Hello! The hack is very good, I like you put NEW BARK and the Tin Tower...
    It's a great idea!
    I wait the Beta impatient!
    Bye-Bye! and Good Luck!

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • As eager as you all are for the beta, I'm sorry but New Bark Town comes after the pokemon league, so you may want to play emerald normally until you beat the league. Then is the best time to use the ips patch, for I am still straightening out the sealed chamber, which now is home to the sacrificial altar, and during the course of which, I added the strange symbols, which have yet to serve a purpose. Sorry if this disappoints any of you.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Thanks to both of you. I have great news: I plan to have a beta by New Years!

What will the beta be consisted of? Like what's the farthest place you can get to (i.e. New Bark Town)?
    This hack looks very good.
    Can't wait to play the beta(s)!
    You should make banners like the one in my signature so people can show their support for this hack, it looks really good. I'm repeating myself... lol...

Last edited:

flamefire1031

The Never Appearing...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2022
    Hi
    nice lukin hack, cant wait for a beta. i havent seen a good emerald hack for a long time. dont give up! :D

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • wait what about starters. Will you use the r/s/e starters or the fr/lg starters?

Oh and I have a request

When you beat all the poke leagues can you go to Mnt Silver to face red?

And Can you please include all legendarys? PLEASE I have always wanted to play a game with Mew, Deoxys and Celibii without cheating

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well Cursed, I hear progress. It's cool how you'll have the Pokemon Centre carved into what was Mt. Silver, so why not include an underground lake/spa within the centre? That would be great! Be sure to take your time, and do not give up! This hack's got potential, and I hope for your sake this hack will get awarded in the near future (when's the next Romhackersweekly issue anyway?)! Good luck mon ami! ;)

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • Yeah this hack has GREAT potential. Anyway Cursed I hope you fill that potential much greater than the actual games couldnt do. But i have a question

Do you go to Kanto/Johto from the Docks at lillycove/slate port?

As well when you go to Kanto will you be able to go to the saphari zone and such.

When will it take place? Crystal time or Red/blue time?

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Also I wonder what parts of Johto/Kanto will be included, knowing that maybe you won't be able to create the whole of those regions. You could show what life's like now in Johto, supposing years have passed since GSC - that would be good! I guess you should allow the player to visit a few parts of Johto/Kanto before the E4, then after defeating E4, you get to revisit the rest if the region by re-exploring the place and taking on new challenges. ;)

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
    Years
  • A note to those who want to face Red in Mt. Silver: It is now Mt. Havoc, a Pokemon training facility designed similarly to Mt. Battle in Orre. The battles will be in groups of 10, so there will be 10 areas. At the end of each one is... You really wanna know? I don't feel like telling you, 'cause it'll ruin the surprise. Let's just say that you'll recognize each one, and there is a massively surprising ending to Mt. Havoc.

A note to those eager for the beta: I will only have up to Violet City, which may not be fully built because of problems with advancemap. Mainly because I have friends and family frequently, I will be unable to fix advancemap.

A note to everyone interested about the setting of the game: No, the boats to Lilycove are still being built in their regions, and the setting of the game is very indefinite, seeing as Johto takes place 3 years after Kanto and Hoenn and somehow the pokemon are newly discovered in Johto 3 years after this game takes place. Therefore, I ask you all to ignore the 3 year difference between this game and G/S. Finally, the safari zone of Kanto will be opened to the public when the time is right.

A note to those who eagerly await battling the new gym leaders: The gym leaders are levels 40~60 in Johto and 60~70 in Kanto, while Mt. Havoc will have a mathematical formula to determine the levels of the Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Woh Cursed, that sounds great! :D So how many gym leaders will be included in the game in total, and will the Kanto/Johto gym leaders be the same people? Also I want to verify by asking that the new region will have 8 gym leaders and its own league, right?

I like where this hack's going! Keep hacking Cursed! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back