• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Type Combos you want to see?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Unused types: (Ones in Bold italics are those I particularly want to see)
    NB. I'm treating, for example, "Bug/Dark" as the same as "Dark/Bug"

Bug/Dark
    Bug/Dragon
    Bug/Electric
    Bug/Fire
    Bug/Ice
    Bug/Normal
    Bug/Psychic

Dark/Dragon
    Dark/Electric

Dark/Fighting
    Dark/Normal
    Dark/Psychic
    Dark/Steel

Dragon/Electric
    Dragon/Fighting
    Dragon/Fire
    Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Ice
    Dragon/Normal
    Dragon/Poison
    Dragon/Rock

Electric/Fighting
    Electric/Fire
    Electric/Grass
    Electric/Ground
    Electric/Ice
    Electric/Normal
    Electric/Poison
    Electric/Psychic

Electric/Rock

Fighting/Flying
    Fighting/Ghost
    Fighting/Ground
    Fighting/Ice
    Fighting/Normal
    Fighting/Rock

Fire/Ghost
    Fire/Grass
    Fire/Ice
    Fire/Normal
    Fire/Poison
    Fire/Psychic

Fire/Water

Flying

Ghost/Grass
    Ghost/Ground
    Ghost/Normal
    Ghost/Psychic
    Ghost/Rock
    Ghost/Steel
    Ghost/Water

Grass/Normal
    Grass/Steel

Ground/Normal

Ice/Normal
    Ice/Poison
    Ice/Rock
    Ice/Steel

Normal/Poison
    Normal/Rock
    Normal/Steel

Poison/Psychic
    Poison/Rock
    Poison/Steel

If I've added too many or missed some out, then I apologise. Also, if I've highlighted one that's already been done, then I guess I must want more of that type!

Last edited:

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2013
    I've always wanted an Electric/Ground. Maybe something like a roadrunner type Pokemon or something. Or a Rock/Ground that isn't slow as dirt. Sure it's odd to see a fast Rock or Ground, but it's also odd seeing a slow Electric (Luxray)

I do have a slight dampener to you people who think Ghost/Normal is so elite: Fighting moves could still hit it if you used Foresight first. Sure it takes more time, but were I to face said Pokemon with my Lucario, I'd have plenty of time to take it out in two turns or so. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Ayselipera

I have been anticipating an ice and dragon dual type since Pokemon came out. I can just see the most amazing design for it. While we're here I'll also go with a grass and dragon dual type. It would be nice to have a really powerful dragon on my team, that still has that calmness of a grass type.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Normal/Ghost It would be invincible against Normal, Ghost, and Fighting. Only weakness is dark

Psychic/Dark Only weakness is Bug 4x, but, really, who uses bug these days?

Perhaps Scizor, Heracross, etc. are not in your mind? =P

McNoob

Magikarp Enthusiast
    Years
  • One thing for sure, I do not want to see another Fire/Fighting starter!

But a few combos I would like to see are Fire/Dragon, Fire/Water, and an Electric/Flying that isn't Zapdos.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    I'd love to see Electric/Fire, Water/Rock, Dragon/Ice, Ice/Fire, Bug/Ice, Bug/Dragon, some other ones.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'd love to see Electric/Fire, Water/Rock, Dragon/Ice, Ice/Fire, Bug/Ice, Bug/Dragon, some other ones.

Well there are a couple of water/rock types. (Kabutops, Relicanth, Corsola and Omastar) The rest sound pretty cool.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    Well there are a couple of water/rock types. (Kabutops, Relicanth, Corsola and Omastar) The rest sound pretty cool.
    True, yet 2 are fossils, relicanth is weak and slow, and Corsola's also weak. I'd love to see a FAST Rock/any second type pokemon except flying (so other than Aerodactyl)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    True, yet 2 are fossils, relicanth is weak and slow, and Corsola's also weak. I'd love to see a FAST Rock/any second type pokemon except flying (so other than Aerodactyl)

I agree, rock types could use another sweeper. Kabutops is good but he's not nearly as fast as Aerodactyl.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Yeah you're probably right, its black likely meaning dark type, and it has a ponytail likely meaning fighting type.
    *hi-five bro.*

EDIT: also a grass/water type, like venustoise, or a seaweed pokemon haha

I thought Lotad's family line is one already?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Fire/Poison - My dream type combo. I want either a Komodo Dragon or a Komodo Dragon... :P
    other types that I dream of are Poison/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, Ice, Dragon, Ice/Poison, and Water/Fire!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I've always thought it would be interesting to see a Fire/Water combination. I've always thought a Pokemon with this type would have something to do with undersea vents. Or maybe an alligator/crocodile, since they're kind of dragon like, which might mean they breathe fire. Yeah, I know about the Totodile line.

what would a water/fire type be weak against though? fire would cancel out the weakness to grass, water to water (lol) I guess, ground would probably not be super-effective but average damage, and electric could be average too due to fire.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • what would a water/fire type be weak against though? fire would cancel out the weakness to grass, water to water (lol) I guess, ground would probably not be super-effective but average damage, and electric could be average too due to fire.

water/fire would be weak to electric, ground, and rock. :P

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • Fire/Psychic
    Electric/Psychic

That's pretty much it for me.

Last edited:
    Back