• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X and Y ........ Last gen?

Do you think X and Y will be the last Official Pokemon Games?

• Yes, sadly.....But by the name of Arceus, POKEMONS MEMORY SHALL NEVAH FADE!!

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • NEVAH!! The will of Arceus and his disciples shall never waver, there shall be more! ^.^

Votes: 121 98.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Guys, i know we are AAALLLL super hyped for pokemon X and Y right? (But inside i'm curled into a little ball sobbing cuz i don't have a 3ds and i won't be able to afford one for a llllooonnngg time) But think about it, all of the things that are hyping us...

3D
    Mega-Evos
    BBBBEEEENNNCCCCHHHEEESSS!!!! (XD)
    Fairy Types
    Customization! (Nerd-Gasm XD)
    Sky Battles, Hoard Battles....

And so much more....but...what if...WHAT IF....Nintendo is finaly answering all of their fans, literaly almost all the REASONABLE requests we have made....What if they are doing it....to say goodbye? What if...this is the last Pokemon Game?...

I'd like to see what you all think about my little theory! ^.^

Faye Rose~

Resilient
    Years
  • Whenever Pokemon stops making money is when it stops being made. It's still a hugely popular franchise worldwide and continues to make a ton of money.

It's not going anywhere any time soon.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Like most people have been saying, I highly doubt they'll stop if they're making THIS much money.

As well, they seem to have brought a lot of neat ideas to the games so I doubt they'll quit due to no more ideas.

Years
  • I highly doubt this will be the last of the Pokemon series. As long as money keeps flowing from each product, the series will continue living on and get better and better. They do have to make some changes every time a new generation comes. It gets boring, after a while of seeing the same stuff in each game. So, implementing new mechanics and options for the player to enjoy, really boosts the overall enjoyment of the game, and the sales.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    No i am 100% sure this is not the last gen of pokemon they have just made a leap forward in gaming for pokemon i am sure they will want to use this new way of playing for at least another few gens,plus pokemon is just behind mario in making money in fact pokemon saved nintendo from bankruptcy a few years back and it continues to dominate for nintendo,also in an interview the president and creators of pokemon said "in future games" when talking about pokemon x and y so that kind of puts all doubt away for me and i think nintendo would announce that it would be the final generation before the game was even announced out of respect for the fans and people who have played it since its first release. there are far to many reasons to even start explaining why it would be the last if anything this new pokemon game says this is only the begining of how the creators wanted pokemon to be played when they first started out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Nope !
    But I admit the GF made Gen VI too special .
    Its probably because ''6'' is special number in Pokemon .
    I believe anyone with a common sense can understand what I meant !

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I'm sure this won't be the last. As far as money goes, if Nintendo/Gamefreak keep making as muh money as they do, they won't stop making pokemon games. But I think eventually the game will end at some point or another.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    You know for pokemon fans we seem to be very desperate for the series to end. This topic pops up every generation (multiple times)

Next time think about it rationally before opening a thread about it. People are blue in the face answering this question and explaining why it isn't going to end any time soon.

They're not doing it to say goodbye, they're doing it to say hello to all our money.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • This is pretty unlikely to me. The Pokémon franchise is so so soooo profitable and they make so much money doing it. I'm sure they're going to milk it until it is completely dry. There will always be room for new Pokémon to me.

Years
  • No, no and no. If Generation 6 would have been the last generation in Pokémon, then the game would have run its course after Generation 1.. each generation is essentially built off one another as time goes along, with new features coming along the way each time we have a new generation and some disappearing as well.

Reactions: Sun

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    Why is it everytime a new pokemon gen comes out someone assumes it is the end? No, mark my words, this is NOT the last gen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I am 100% positive that this is not the last gen. Take their newly introduced storage system, the pokemon bank. They stated that using this will be the method to transfer future pokemon in future generations!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I would be incredibly surprised if Gen VI ended up being the last of the series, but I can sort of see where you're coming from. The fact that they're only introducing around 70 new Pokémon somewhat implies that they're either running out of ideas or that they're just rounding it up to a smooth finish and given that some of the new evolution techniques are so specific to X&Y features (eg Sylveon's evolution) I can kind of see the logic in this being the last generation. Perhaps they'll add a final game to link together all six regions and leave it at that? Who knows, but I really hope it's not the last one haha.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    hell no this not the last. they just made big leap in graphic part of the game. they maybe make more pokemon and maybe someday we see new pokemon battle system

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Let it be known that i hit yes by accident

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2021
    Ahaha, i'm glad you all think this. And to those who are saying "i need to think twice next time' I'm probably one of the most Avid Pokemon Fans out there. Now, having said that, i don't think the gen is ending...however, i DO have faith in our Games Producers, Nintendo is not like sony and microsoft. They aren't MoneyGrubbers. I honestly believe they care more about our happiness then getting as much money as possible, think of the 2ds.

Again, i hope to high heavens this isn't the last ^.^

pedrito3_poke

Banana
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2022
    This has already been discussed a few months ago, but oh well... I do believe that, in the money aspect, GF is quite different from most of the money suckers we see out there.
    However, they still care about the money and Pokémon is still far from not being a very profitable franchise. Even if we ignore that, I don't see any reason why this would be the last generation.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • Guys, i know we are AAALLLL super hyped for pokemon X and Y right? (But inside i'm curled into a little ball sobbing cuz i don't have a 3ds and i won't be able to afford one for a llllooonnngg time) But think about it, all of the things that are hyping us...

3D
    Mega-Evos
    BBBBEEEENNNCCCCHHHEEESSS!!!! (XD)
    Fairy Types
    Customization! (Nerd-Gasm XD)
    Sky Battles, Hoard Battles....

And so much more....but...what if...WHAT IF....Nintendo is finaly answering all of their fans, literaly almost all the REASONABLE requests we have made....What if they are doing it....to say goodbye? What if...this is the last Pokemon Game?...

I'd like to see what you all think about my little theory! ^.^

This is a very interesting and fresh question, I'm glad you asked it.

I do not think this will be the last generation, but I see the more recent arguments for it are relatively logical. I do however believe that what the fans ultimately want is more generations - whether GameFreak care about money or the fans, more generations is the answer.

Emfg

Ohlong
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Why would they stop producing games of one of the, if not most profitable and biggest franchise there is?

Back