• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon:Yesterdays Garbage?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    What? You're making no sense at all. I'm saying if Pokemon made a crap video game, would you still buy it?

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    My functional & abrupt answer would be NO.
    Im saying i don't accept CRAP oppinion, Crap>Ring-a-Bell?

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Fine, so you admit you don't like every aspect of Pokemon, correct? Because when I heard that, I assumed you meant you enjoyed everything they created, which was hard to believe.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Lol Vance he made perfect sense. He was basically saying "Yeah, he'd go for something that's flawed, as long as it isn't crap."

Anyway, people compare pokemon to a lot of games and then mention its flaws, without ever mentioning flaws of the things they're comparing it to. People talk about the flaws of the GTS, or the battle system, or the game's difficulty (lack thereof), or any extra features it has. To me any extra feature, even if it's flawed greatly, is better than not having the feature at all. And there's plenty of awesome games that are relatively easy.

I don't think that liking all aspects of pokemon means that you automatically like something even if it's flawed. I think it just means you don't think that any aspects are flawed, and if they are, it's not significant enough to make a difference.

I love the games and I like the anime (better now than the originals IMO). I think the TCG is cool and I wish I still collected them, kinda, though I wouldn't really feel like dishing out the cash. I don't like competing in competitive battling or basing largely inclusive opinions solely on competitive reasons, but I do like reading and discussing the strategies.

Other than that, I'm not that into the other aspects of pokemon, but I don't say they're bad or anything.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Personally, ive always played pokemon the most on handhelds. i have a psp and a ds. the ds is 10x more used than the psp. i used to think pokemon was the only game on gameboy, and still is the only one i have

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2008
    Sadly, it's true. Back when I was about 8 years old, Pokemon was a huge phenomenon. Nowadays, people just take it for granted. That being said, what other games are there that is still being enjoyed as much as the original Pokemon Red and Blue? Playing those games brings me back, but not TOO far back. I mean, has anyone played the original Zelda game for the NES? It sucks. Trust me. I for one, still enjoy Pokemon games, which is quite ironic if you consider the fact that I'm 20 years old and I don't like anime very much. That sure tells us something about Pokemon games!!!

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Fine, so you admit you don't like every aspect of Pokemon, correct? Because when I heard that, I assumed you meant you enjoyed everything they created, which was hard to believe.

I do like everything about pokemon, a bit about that..(i will try to appreciate, even the bed side of Pokemon)
    evan flaws, im just trying to point out to you "CRAP"(Remember, you said In my case, my oppinion is "crap"-Aggron ) then you said earlier that you cannot mess with my oppinion. But i cannot use the Past in dealing with these kinds of things, So meaning i DO LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT oppinions that are "crap".

YOOM-TAH got what i said, why didn't you?

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Sadly, it's true. Back when I was about 8 years old, Pokemon was a huge phenomenon. Nowadays, people just take it for granted. That being said, what other games are there that is still being enjoyed as much as the original Pokemon Red and Blue? Playing those games brings me back, but not TOO far back. I mean, has anyone played the original Zelda game for the NES? It sucks. Trust me. I for one, still enjoy Pokemon games, which is quite ironic if you consider the fact that I'm 20 years old and I don't like anime very much. That sure tells us something about Pokemon games!!!

Um, in case you haven't noticed, Diamond and Pearl is being played and enjoyed way way WAY more than Red and Blue right now. It was a huge phenomenon back then because it was new, and you were 8. The original Zelda for NES is awesome, btw.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Sadly, it's true. Back when I was about 8 years old, Pokemon was a huge phenomenon. Nowadays, people just take it for granted. That being said, what other games are there that is still being enjoyed as much as the original Pokemon Red and Blue? Playing those games brings me back, but not TOO far back. I mean, has anyone played the original Zelda game for the NES? It sucks. Trust me. I for one, still enjoy Pokemon games, which is quite ironic if you consider the fact that I'm 20 years old and I don't like anime very much. That sure tells us something about Pokemon games!!!

I don't accept that(^)that its true, as i read from the other posts above, Pokemon is still in.I accept that.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The PSP is hardly talked about these days and DS surpasses it with R4. Pokemon is one of the main reasons why the nDS survives today

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I do like everything about pokemon, a bit about that..(i will try to appreciate, even the bed side of Pokemon)
    evan flaws, im just trying to point out to you "CRAP"(Remember, you said In my case, my oppinion is "crap"-Aggron ) then you said earlier that you cannot mess with my oppinion. But i cannot use the Past in dealing with these kinds of things, So meaning i DO LIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT EXCEPT oppinions that are "crap".

YOOM-TAH got what i said, why didn't you?

Because your posts aren't organized well ;_; No offense or anything. But now I see what you mean.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    Well, anyway you got what i said, Back to the topic-Since R/B Versions have been released, the more fans of Pokemon increased(or is it the other versions that made Pokemon so popular...)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I love Pokemon, and always will until the day I die! :D
    It may seem sad to you, but Pokemon is the coolest thing ever to me.
    I plan on working for Nintendo, and making POKEMON games. ;)
    So, Pokemon is forever in my book too! :D

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
  • I could care less about what other people say about Pokemon. I've been playing since Gold and I love each game (though differently, RSE must be that rebellious child or something). I'm sure the kids at my school wouldn't approve (some kid made fun other another for playing Zelda games and he didn't even know what Zelda was - idiot). Then again, I could care less.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    Where I come from Pokemon is huge in the highschool, seriously 1/3 of the boys in my school play the videogame, the card game has an OK following too. There were several people who went out and got DSs just to get D/P when it came out (me included). I think that era will be passing soon though, it's just not at all popular in the middle school, it's not as popular with underclassmen either. Pokemon isn't yesterday's garbage yet, but it could be soon. Hopefully all the Elemetary students I see playing will keep it going.

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
  • I mean, has anyone played the original Zelda game for the NES? It sucks. Trust me.
    ;_; What are you talking about? Those were amazing! Why else would they have them on the Wii Virtual Ware(or whatever it was called). For me, the one thing the new games can't replace are the excruciatingly wonderful/painful puzzles. I'm pretty sure anyone who's played second gen will remember ice cave and how it took forever to get through it.

What I'm saying is, even if it becomes old and a part of the past, it's part you your heart.*is getting cheesy* All Pokemon games have irreplaceable things that can't be replicated in newer games, not exactly at least. It's this that'll keep Pokemon going.

Where I come from Pokemon is huge in the highschool, seriously 1/3 of the boys in my school play the videogame, the card game has an OK following too. There were several people who went out and got DSs just to get D/P when it came out (me included). I think that era will be passing soon though, it's just not at all popular in the middle school, it's not as popular with underclassmen either. Pokemon isn't yesterday's garbage yet, but it could be soon. Hopefully all the Elemetary students I see playing will keep it going.

Same in my high school. about 40% of my school are gamers so Pokemon is still going strong. The card game is constantly being played by the guys in Calculus, my brother (was) included. (he graduated) I've played during band, while the director wasn't paying attention. >> <<

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I love Pokemon, and always will until the day I die! :D
    It may seem sad to you, but Pokemon is the coolest thing ever to me.
    I plan on working for Nintendo, and making POKEMON games. ;)
    So, Pokemon is forever in my book too! :D
    Good for you Dude, We have the same dream!^_^"!

agentk_b

Grass Type Trainer
    Years
    • Age 44
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    ppfft pokemon is bigger then it has been in years...not as big as back in 98, and 99,..but pretty big again.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • ppfft pokemon is bigger then it has been in years...not as big as back in 98, and 99,..but pretty big again.
    What...? Pokemon was relatively small in '98 and '99. It's now huge. Diamond and Pearl sold far more copies than Red Blue and Yellow did in the same time frame.

Aand, you can't deny that there are haters out there. Everyone has their own opinion. But still, Pokemon isn't going to die out and be yesterday's garbage for a long time.

Back