• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Possible New Anime Info (BW)

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • Credits for finding this information, belong to the magnificent PK0082 from SPPf. :D

I found blog comment from an Animator Takahashi(たかはし) who works on storyboard of Pokemon Anime.

Possible New Anime Info (BW)

Translation:
    Finally, filming Pokemon has begun!

It was 3 episodes of new series, but it looks like heroine isn't the main girl from game.

I went "Huh!?" when I saw the character chart last time, but it really looks like heroine is original child (Anime-only character).
    It appears that Takeshi isn't in it, and new rival character who is similar to Shinji is in it too.

By the way, heroine is cute but amazing... Her hair style pretty.

Actual post

A proof of him being Pokemon Anime Animator (Storyboard of Nagisa Gym battle ep)

So yeah, it appears that Hikari(Dawn) and Takeshi(Brock) will not be in the next new Anime.
    This info is most likely real. Brock leaving is OK for me, but Dawn. ;(

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
  • Tenso O.o .com

Hmm...You sure this is true? :\
    If it is...Then I'm back to watching Pokemon!! :D Finally some changes!! And not just a new girl. The Show's dynamics and characters just got plain and boring, how more could they develop them? they had years and it was enough.
    I'm all for it if this is true. :]

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Tenso O.o .com

Hmm...You sure this is true? :\
    If it is...Then I'm back to watching Pokemon!! :D Finally some changes!! And not just a new girl. The Show's dynamics and characters just got plain and boring, how more could they develop them? they had years and it was enough.
    I'm all for it if this is true. :]
    Lol, did you even click the links? The info comes from another site, not from Tenzo.com xD
    I'm about 99% sure this is real.

It comes from a reliable person who speaks well Japanese language and you have the proof as well.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Lol, why translate? You have the entire text translated above and I assure you it is real. Otherwise, I wouldn't put this up.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • I wanted to see what it said exactly. I was looking for accuracy. It's good to double check. ^_^

I wonder why the BW girl isn't going to be in the anime. I'm not surprised or disappointed that Dawn is leaving. But Brock? Idk... Is Ash going to come back at least?
    I think the writers want to try out something new.

Remember? Both Dawn and May were female protagonists from the games and I'm sure they wanted to avoid the third one. The other reason could be they didn't want to de-age the BW girl, since they are planning to keep main girls at Ash's age.

But I think it's is very refreshing to have a anime-only main girl. That way people won't complain about 'another' girl and she most probably won't do contests.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    No Brock? :( :( That's sad. Not surprised about Dawn though, that was kind of a given. I'm kind of happy they won't have the game heroine, gives it something a bit fresh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    No Brock? Dang... I guess there's no hope of reuniting Ash, Brock, and Misty traveling together again. Hopefully they'll do that eventually.

I just watched the episode where the trio broke up and it was so sad... It still feels like something's missing even with the other characters.

Oh well, I'm still excited to see what all the new B/W seasons have in store.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    No Brock? YES! I hope this is true...but why make a character that's similar to Paul? And don't they want to advertise either of the BW protagonists...? Perhaps they'll get a cameo episode or be rivals :S

shot571

maaaan, no brock damn. i was hoping the rumours were fake. i hope he eventually comes back. oh well the new people may be quite good.

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
  • No brock ehy? so does this mean theres only going to be two protagonists? I'd think not. A third one will probably show up later, or maybe brock

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2015
    I don't mind Dawn actually leaving. I don't want Brock to actually leave, the series is going to go down hill IMO.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Im fine with brock leaving but not dawn, Dawn was the best

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Im still not quite sure this is real yet but I guess I'll like it without brock..! But no BW girl?!?!?! I wonder if it was because shes older...?
    Anyways! I guess we are going to be seeing a fresh new series :D I wonder if he will put all his pokemon in oaks lab and start with only pikachu again...

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • I'm still skeptical, but damn. I really wanted to see the B/W girl as a main character in the anime. Yes, it would keep with the trend, but you have to admit she's pretty hot XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm leaning to the fact that it may possibly be true. If it is though, I'm actually going to miss having Brock and Dawn around. These past four years, the DP Saga has grown on me. So it'll only be natural like when May decided to leave the group for good. As for Brock, he's been around for what, 12 years? So, it'll be different without him there, that's for sure (if he's really going to leave that is).

Nothing was said about Ash, so I'm assuming he's still there with Pikachu, which is pretty predictable. Then again, I wasn't wanting him to leave for a new main character to take over the anime anyway. I have hopes of him winning the Isshu Region Pokémon League if he does make it to the finals in Sinnoh, but loses against the Legendary Trainer.

What comes as a shocker however is the new heroine; she's an anime-only character. I find this perfectly alright, but I was so sure they were going to use the new B/W female to replace Dawn since the anime is used to promote the new generation games. It goes to show though, Pokémon Anime =/= Pokémon Games. I'm curious to see what roles she takes on, if it's contests or something new, and what her pretty hairstyle may be like.

This does leave room for the possibilities of the new B/W male replacing Brock instead? Ash's or the new heroine's rival to be the B/W female perhaps? So, it's still not 100% sure that the new B/W protagonists will be kept out entirely.

Another character rival like Paul though? I hope it's a girl (preferably the new B/W female). Though, I hope this new rival isn't an exact copy of Paul. I'd like to see some difference in rivalry between Ash and this new character so it doesn't seem to be like a repeat of the DP Saga. Overall though, things are looking pretty bright for the next generation of the anime. I can't say I'm not looking forward to it.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    Well, we still don't know a 100% that Dawn is leaving, cuz we didn't have mention of her character whether leaving or staying. Than again, maybe they felt we'd get used to it by now. Ash ovbiously isn't leaving or else it'd be big news, guys been there for 10 years as the main character after all.
    My guess is, he looses to the character with the legandar Pokemon in the finale rounds. Brock gone? I say, thank God. Now, he could still come back after four episodes like AG. If he's gone, I'll be sooo happy about it, he doesn't do a single thing these days. If Dawn leaves, add two new characters than and if contests have to stay, let a guy do them this time.

pokemonlover493

Trainer
    Years
  • I hope Brock doesn't leave, because Brock knows a lot about Pokemon health.food. and care. It wouldn't make sense to get rid of the smarter person that Ash travels with.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Well they have posted it on the news at Bulbapedia. This really sucks. But yeah, they have only done the first three episodes, so things may still change.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I mean I was reading about this on Serebii. I mean the only thing that concerns me is if Brock isn't here. I mean like its the first three episodes...he is never in the first couple of the new season except for like Johto. I mean last time they replaced Ash look what happened...

Back