• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post your unpopular Pokémon opinions

Boured

The Guildmaster
Years
  • I like Delphox even though I have never played the game the Pokémon is from.

Finally, I believe Magikarp to be the Pokémon equivalent to Jesus.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
    Years
  • I forgot to add, Zubats! Zubats are adorable and I get super excited for cave-related routes
    but I absolutely HATE geodude for the same reason that people hate zubats- WAY TOO COMMON

Ash is getting old but the reverse for me i love geodude but kinda dislike zubat very annoying when you encounter one after another.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2015
    I actually really like Pachirisu and wish that there would be an evolution for it.
    Joltik and Goomy are the cutest Pokemon in my eyes.
    I don't like that you can't battle online if two Pokemon are holding the same item in your party.
    I don't really like Snivy much, but I like Tepig.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    you know what really grinds my gears? (Klink) People saying Pokemon is for little kids, I am in Junior High and people pick on me because I play it

As a 26 year old that has been with the series since Red and Blue came to the US, I know this feeling. I was in 7th-8th grade around the dawn of 3rd gen and people would give odd stares to anyone who brought their GBA to schools with a transparent red or blue colored cartridge in it.

I can say that it gets better around college-age. Lots of people playing the games without being ashamed of it, and even when that is behind me I still have my girlfriend of three years and a handful of friends around my age that casually play it. If you stick with the series long enough, I'm sure you'll eventually find like-minded people. Patience is the main key.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    there are far too many legendaries.. the legendaries now do NOT feel legendary anymore. remember when it started there were only 4 legendaries. the Kanto bird trio and mewtwo. they were special and they were few. now at this rate the legendaries will number into the triple digits soon. now you just see every kid on YT just walks around with some giratina and it just does not feel like the legendary creature anymore. they feel like common poodles now.

As a 26 year old that has been with the series since Red and Blue came to the US, I know this feeling. I was in 7th-8th grade around the dawn of 3rd gen and people would give odd stares to anyone who brought their GBA to schools with a transparent red or blue colored cartridge in it.

I can say that it gets better around college-age. Lots of people playing the games without being ashamed of it, and even when that is behind me I still have my girlfriend of three years and a handful of friends around my age that casually play it. If you stick with the series long enough, I'm sure you'll eventually find like-minded people. Patience is the main key.

pokemon is just a massive expensive game of rock-paper-scissors. there are reasons to stare at older people playing it. nonetheless i play it. live your life, do what you love.

Drake.

WORK MAKES YOU FREE
    Years
  • there are far too many legendaries.. the legendaries now do NOT feel legendary anymore. remember when it started there were only 4 legendaries. the Kanto bird trio and mewtwo. they were special and they were few. now at this rate the legendaries will number into the triple digits soon. now you just see every kid on YT just walks around with some giratina and it just does not feel like the legendary creature anymore. they feel like common poodles now.

I agree with this, legendaries feel cheapened now that there are so many of them.

I also don't like mega evolution. I know it's pretty popular, especially in the competitive sphere, but I just don't think it fits in well with the world of Pokemon. I don't really know how to explain it, but the concept of temporary evolution just seems wrong and foreign for some reason.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    I am irritated that they make some of the coolest or cutest looking mons on the show look really good and then when they are in the game they are nearly worthless. WHY YOU DO DIS TO ME I WANTED TO USE A BUTT KICKING BUTTERFREE!!!!! I have personally like the Butterfly Pokemon the most and even they Moth Pokemon. I also have to agree that there are TO MANY legendary Pokemon. I miss when getting a legendary was hard cause they were rare.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    pokemon is just a massive expensive game of rock-paper-scissors. there are reasons to stare at older people playing it. nonetheless i play it. live your life, do what you love.

The gameplay is so much more expansive and deeper than just "rock, paper, scissors" which is why it does appeal to so many 20-somethings. Well that and nostalgia. No reason to stare at older people playing it at all.

I don't have a lot of unpopular opinions for Pokémon tbh, except that I dislike BW and N.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • I'm so angry that middle evos don't get much recognition. Heck, lots of middle evo starters aren't in Pokémon Picross, while the others are!
    "Oh, Axew, and then, umm.., and then, Haxorus!"
    See? Pokémon like Luxio and Sliggoo need to be noticed sometimes.
    It's so irritating, and that Kadabra lawsuit just made things worse.
    Oh well. At least there's Pikachu...and Clefairy and Jigglypuff. And maybe Chansey.

And also some Pokémon without evolutions at all. I feel like Girafarig, Stantler, Farfetch'd, Relicanth and a bunch of other Pokémon like them are about to go extinct (Geddit? Relicanth? Anyone?).

Explodinator

Yours truly
    Years
  • - Pikachu sucks
    - Dragon type sucks
    - Eevee and all of its evolutions suck
    - Charizard sucks
    - The cartoon sucks
    - Kanto sucks
    - Sinnoh doesn't suck
    - I dislike Gen 5 not from the stupid bandwagon that everyone jumps on, but for different reasons, I absolutely love the moving sprites in that game though, they have much more personality than the 3D models in the late games seem to have.
    - I don't think Gardevoir is arousing
    - Hoenn sucks and has some of my least favourite Pokemon in the whole series
    - Red sucks

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I didn't care much for Gen 5 and I find it to be my least favorite generation ever.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Rattata is literally the WORST pokemon in the universe. It is my least favourite, it sucks big time (at least when i get the nerves to try it out), it is ugly, And **** THE STUPID GODDAMN THING I WANT TO KILL HIM.

FUCVK.

Okay heres an actually unpopular opinion: i like it when i get shinies but i don't care too much of the idea of changing a mon's colour scheme.

Years
  • - Sinnoh is my most favorite Region, and Unova is my least favorite.
    - Way too many Legendaries, come on Gamefreak, it stopped being funny after 3rd gen.
    - I don't find competitive battling entertaining
    - I stopped caring about Pokemon anime after Sinnoh saga ended
    - There is nothing special in HG/SS for me.
    - There are lots of underrated Pokemon, people don't even talk about.
    - That's just because 721 is gigantic amount if you think about it.

Years
  • -Charizard is overrated
    - I love gen 5. It's my favorite
    -Flygon and Dragonite doesn't need a mega
    - Arceus is overrated
    - Z shouldn't happen
    - The pika clones are a simple reflection off how the relatives of celebrities become famous and the Pika clones aren't overrated
    - Ash rocks
    - Red is overrated

Last edited:
    Back