• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Oh I know, yes, but that was different - that was a Gyarados, though, and Selena/Calem (whatever) made it a point to say he must have bonded with it sufficiently to achieve Mega Evolution. This would be different; Maxie and Archie originally lose control of the legendaries, immediately, without ever 'owning' them as a Pokémon.

As I say this, I've changed my mind a bit, though. I mean, Ghetsis technically controlled Kyurem in B2W2, so something of the sort could easily happen with ORAS, with the respective Team Leaders Mega-Evolving the legendaries.

I would still prefer it to be a form change, but really anything is possible here.
    Maybe before they could wake them up they use the Mega stone/ force them to change forme which in turn causes them to wake up. Oh but that can't be...if the small trailer of them activating Drought/Drizzle is to be trusted (sometimes they change scenes for the final product) they're their familiar selves.

Years
  • It's definitely worth noting that Mega evolution are supposed to be the result of a close bond between Pokemon and trainer, allowing said Pokemon to maximize their potential. Now, with this logic, it wouldn't make much sense for Groudon and Kyogre to get Mega evolutions. But, wouldn't that mean that Mewtwo shouldn't have a Mega evolution? There are some inconsistencies which make it hard to predict what'll happen with the reworked art of Groudon and Kyogre, so for now I can't really commit to one side or the other. They might be Mega evolutions, or they might be forms.

Years
  • Maybe before they could wake them up they use the Mega stone/ force them to change forme which in turn causes them to wake up. Oh but that can't be...if the small trailer of them activating Drought/Drizzle is to be trusted (sometimes they change scenes for the final product) they're their familiar selves.

I'm thinking that maybe Archie and Maxie will manage to wake Groudon and Kyogre, control them enough to make them start altering the weather, and then the orbs will make Groudon and Kyogre unleash their full power, giving them the appearance they have in the box art. At that point they will lose control of them, they will start fighting each other, and we will have to wake Rayquaza or do something to make them stop fighting.

Then once we catch our version's legendary, we would be able to form a bond with them, which would mean that they will listen to us while they are in their new forme.

Years
  • I'm thinking that maybe Archie and Maxie will manage to wake Groudon and Kyogre, control them enough to make them start altering the weather, and then the orbs will make Groudon and Kyogre unleash their full power, giving them the appearance they have in the box art. At that point they will lose control of them, they will start fighting each other, and we will have to wake Rayquaza or do something to make them stop fighting.

Then once we catch our version's legendary, we would be able to form a bond with them, which would mean that they will listen to us while they are in their new forme.

I think that is what's going to happen. They'll mega evolve and they'll run away. I've said before that maybe they're special Megas. Perhaps they don't need to bond with another, but simply need them to have a strong will.

Years
  • I'm not entirely sure, but there isn't much backstory behind alternate forms in Pokemon compared to Mega evolution, so if the box art legendaries are in fact alternate forms of Groudon and Kyogre, I don't think having a bond with any trainer would matter. If they're Mega evolutions, it's a different story.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'm not entirely sure, but there isn't much backstory behind alternate forms in Pokemon compared to Mega evolution, so if the box art legendaries are in fact alternate forms of Groudon and Kyogre, I don't think having a bond with any trainer would matter. If they're Mega evolutions, it's a different story.

Yeah I agree but why would there be a new forme if there wasnt before in RSE? It would actually be a little awkward for those who played RSE. I guess they could have a little backstory I guess? Maybe they can just add a random NPC that would mention it?

Years
  • Yeah I agree but why would there be a new forme if there wasnt before in RSE? It would actually be a little awkward for those who played RSE. I guess they could have a little backstory I guess? Maybe they can just add a random NPC that would mention it?

Well Giratina, Shaymin, and Rotom weren't in DP but were added into Pt. So it's been done before. Also some may think it's strange that they have Megas. However, and this may be my own Bias, Megas would make more sense and seem less out of place considering it's been a theme of this generation's initial pair.

Another thing...there haven't been any cross generational formes. At first we had thought Awakened Mewtwo was the first, but that turned into Mega Y. They'll going to have to break that if they plan to make them formes.

Years
  • Yeah I agree but why would there be a new forme if there wasnt before in RSE? It would actually be a little awkward for those who played RSE. I guess they could have a little backstory I guess? Maybe they can just add a random NPC that would mention it?

I seem to remember an NPC in Emerald who had a bit of dialogue about the fight between Groudon and Kyogre. If I remember correctly, she mentions that the fighting Pokémon seemed unable to control their own power, rather than enraged. Perhaps these new formes are what they look like when their own energy starts going out of control.

Years
  • As back story to the new forms, Team Magma and Aqua could be performing experiments on molecule specimens from the two legendaries, and achieved their goal in creating an improved, more powerful mutation of Groudon and Kyogre, kind of like what was going down in the movie featuring those two. Archie and Maxie could be the leaders of this scientific expedition, and as such flesh out the plot of the evil teams in Hoenn, which I felt was lacking in the original games.

Years
  • As back story to the new forms, Team Magma and Aqua could be performing experiments on molecule specimens from the two legendaries, and achieved their goal in creating an improved, more powerful mutation of Groudon and Kyogre, kind of like what was going down in the movie featuring those two. Archie and Maxie could be the leaders of this scientific expedition, and as such flesh out the plot of the evil teams in Hoenn, which I felt was lacking in the original games.

Correction: Kyogre wasn't in the Jiranchi movie which had the mutant Groudon. In fact, now that you brought up the movies those two along with Lugia and Ho-oh are the only mascot of paired games never to share a movie. Actually Groudon in the only Gen III mascot not be in a movie if one doesn't count the fake... it'll be nice to see those two plus Rayquaza together like the Creation trio in the Arceus movie...

On topic: I hope they don't go the mutant route...it sounds too Team Galactic (as Cyrus had those strange experiments) and DNA splicerish. Hoenn is about tampering with nature but in a non-technology involved way.

Years
  • Ah, I forgot Groudon was the only one featured in that. My point remains, although Team Magma and Aqua don't seem like the type of organization to do such a thing, like Galactic. What can they do, though? In that respect, they're pretty stale evil teams. At least mutating the legendaries would spice their story up a bit d:

Years
  • Well recall that they are ecoterrorists. Imo trying to blow up a volcano was kind of dire/extreme. Perhaps for Magma they could have them try bombing the volcano like how Galactic used their Galactic bombs to drain the lakes but instead of draining the lava it'll let it rain...
    As for Aqua they could attack the beaches and flood them using their Pokémon in order to create more sea. Maybe they'll use moves like Hurricane to push people away from the coast line and then doing something like flooding. Imagine Aqua trying to recreate a hurricane Katrina...

Years
  • On topic: I hope they don't go the mutant route...it sounds too Team Galactic (as Cyrus had those strange experiments) and DNA splicerish. Hoenn is about tampering with nature but in a non-technology involved way.

I think that they could easily go with Groudon's and Kyogre's power overflowing.

Right now, my theory is that they grow in power while in the presence of one another. Once both are awakened by Team Aqua and Team Magma, they meet and start empowering each other. I believe this could be what makes them change formes, and that it is also what makes them fight.

Then there are the Blue and Red Orbs, which were used to awaken Groudon and Kyogre. They must be linked in some way to them. It could be that exposing Groudon or Kyogre to the orb used to awake its opposite (that is, exposing Groudon to the Red Orb and Kyogre to the Blue Orb) would either allow them to gain just enough power to change forme, or be a necessary step in achieving that.

Years
  • I think that they could easily go with Groudon's and Kyogre's power overflowing.

Right now, my theory is that they grow in power while in the presence of one another. Once both are awakened by Team Aqua and Team Magma, they meet and start empowering each other. I believe this could be what makes them change formes, and that it is also what makes them fight.

Then there are the Blue and Red Orbs, which were used to awaken Groudon and Kyogre. They must be linked in some way to them. It could be that exposing Groudon or Kyogre to the orb used to awake its opposite (that is, exposing Groudon to the Red Orb and Kyogre to the Blue Orb) would either allow them to gain just enough power to change forme, or be a necessary step in achieving that.

I can see this work. I still think they're going to take the place of Megas, but they will be special in this way. The power thing reminds me of Special when Groudon and Kyogre's battle was starting to bend space-time due to the sheer force of their power colliding.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • So, the "Super-Ancient" Pokemon have finally reconnected to their inner child.... Their 3,000 pound colossal monster child!

Groudon, Kyogre Spring Time of Youth!!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Swampert and Sceptile Megas doesn't look that much different really. I wonder if Blaziken get a new Mega or one of the other 2 get another one.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I have a feeling these primal forms that they are taking on here are what they looked like when they amassed the lands and the seas. So perhaps this really is a sort of 'active form' of the two, causing an increase of power in their abilities. Maybe Team Aqua and Magma plan to activate this form in the two dormant legendaries to rewire their original powers from when they constructed up the lands and seas, in order to fulfill their idea of expanding the land/sea. Because I doubt that kind of power can be achieved without first putting them both in active form, in other words, their ancient and most primal forms.

That's just my theory anyway. Seems pretty likely!

Years
  • I have a feeling these primal forms that they are taking on here are what they looked like when they amassed the lands and the seas. So perhaps this really is a sort of 'active form' of the two, causing an increase of power in their abilities. Maybe Team Aqua and Magma plan to activate this form in the two dormant legendaries to rewire their original powers from when they constructed up the lands and seas, in order to fulfill their idea of expanding the land/sea. Because I doubt that kind of power can be achieved without first putting them both in active form, in other words, their ancient and most primal forms.

That's just my theory anyway. Seems pretty likely!

Active form though implies that their previous form was inactive, or not using it's powers, when it reality they were. Unlike Xerneas where one can use it's inactive forme one can use normal Groudon and normal Kyogre and their Ancient Devolution selves.

I do think though that these were their original selves. I had the same theory that they crafted the continents with their new looks for some time now. Hope they do it that way. However, it could very well mean that the stakes are higher now than in the originals...

Back