• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • I don't really get why we need to capture our mascot. Although I kinda like it, its kinda OP when it comes to the League. :/ Yeah, I agree that we should defeat the legend rather than capture it firsthand. If they do decide to defeat it, maybe they can retreat to the places that they were in Emerald? Maybe get the "megastones" when you defeat them in the storyline.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I kinda agree that it should be reserved to the legendaries seeing they are technically Legendary.

But I really wanted to see it happen to the fossils too or perhaps Magikarp? :33

Years
  • I don't really get why we need to capture our mascot. Although I kinda like it, its kinda OP when it comes to the League. :/ Yeah, I agree that we should defeat the legend rather than capture it firsthand. If they do decide to defeat it, maybe they can retreat to the places that they were in Emerald? Maybe get the "megastones" when you defeat them in the storyline.

Just personal preference with me, but I never use the legendary Pokemon after I catch it. Simply feel like it's way too overpowered and gives the player an unfair advantage over everyone else in the game, haha. Makes every battle child's play, which is absolutely no fun. I know some people who, once they capture the mascot legendary, use it almost exclusively for the rest of the main story line, which I disapprove of, but it's their choice. The whole 'battling them twice' idea could also come from Primal Reversion 'reviving' their ancient forms.

Years
  • Nope, the official site doesn't destroy your theory.

I think that perhaps the orbs need to be absorbed rather than just them being exposed to them. The leader never handed the legend the orbs. The power of the orbs seem to corrupt (Anime and Manga) or can't be controled by those not strong enough (game). It could have something due to the Primal power sealed inside the orbs.
    The official site hints at them losing it somehow. Thus far we only know from RSE about the creation of the orbs assuring they'll stay asleep.

Well, if things are as I think, perhaps the Orbs could be repurposed to siphon energy from the world into Groudon and Kyogre, rather than to becalm them.

That is another theory I have: like before, the Orbs were originally used to becalm the fighting Pokémon, but Teams Aqua and Magma may tamper with them during the story. I think this may happen shortly after they awaken Groudon and Kyogre, when they realize the Orbs do not allow them to control the Pokémon. They may try to make the Pokémon obey them by doing something to the Orbs, and these changes would cause the Orbs to force the world's natural power to flow through them into Groudon and Kyogre, activating their Primal Reversions. The Orbs become conductors for the power they need to Primal Reverse.

Another possibility is that the Orbs could be recharged. This still assumes that the Orbs' purpose is to becalm Groudon and Kyogre, and that they only hold enough power to awake them; once they are awakened, the Orbs are left empty. But after this, we may be able to recharge the Orbs using nature's power, and then make that power flow from the Orbs to the Pokémon during battle. This would trigger their Primal Reversion. At the end of each battle, that power would flow back into the Orbs until it is called again. The Orbs become containers for the extra power they need to Primal Reverse.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I don't really get why we need to capture our mascot.

I'm all in favor of Boss Pokemon you can't catch. We had that in Gen1 with Cubone's Mother, and in Gen5 with Fusion-Kyurem in BW2. But they don't do much with the idea.

Sometimes it is a Wild Pokemon that is causing trouble, and in the case of Legends, maybe catching them should be Reserved for a Post-Game Challenge.

Like in Emerald you are supposed to catch a LV.70 Dragon and just keep it. Not only is it over-leveled, it is legendary. It is just bad game design. Just Ask the player to fight the Lv70 Dragon (which is hard enough) and then catch it later.

Years

So, you would like to never be able to capture them?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm all in favor of Boss Pokemon you can't catch. We had that in Gen1 with Cubone's Mother, and in Gen5 with Fusion-Kyurem in BW2. But they don't do much with the idea.

Sometimes it is a Wild Pokemon that is causing trouble, and in the case of Legends, maybe catching them should be Reserved for a Post-Game Challenge.

Like in Emerald you are supposed to catch a LV.70 Dragon and just keep it. Not only is it over-leveled, it is legendary. It is just bad game design. Just Ask the player to fight the Lv70 Dragon (which is hard enough) and then catch it later.

Well Rayquaza is hard to get to. So in a way it's worth it as we have to climb that tower twice in Emerald (the first time to wake it up, and the second time to capture it). I remember falling a lot of time on both tries...

I like that they fixed the level issue in Pt by not having Giratina be so high of a level yet still high enough (especially since getting it wasn't as difficult as Rayquaza). I used Giratina after I got it to test it out (against wild Pokemon and irc Volkner).

Maybe they'll make it so like in Pt when you knock out the legend it won't be available until post game. Or they could pull a B2W2 and have it return post game (if they do the latter I hope the other mascot appears and we'll have a replay of the Emerald Sootopolis crisis)

Years
  • There are several things they could do with legendary battles. Pokemon being a game more centered around capturing and collecting creatures, battling other trainers, and trading, there wasn't any emphasis on boss battles or important events, so not much thought probably went into how the actual encounter of player and legendary goes. What they have right now is fine, it gives the player the option to either slay the beast, or capture it and use its power. I think it would be interesting if they forced you to defeat the legendary first, and later on, be able to catch it.

Years

I don't really want them pulling a B2/W2 on us, it was not fun being forced to defeat the mascot on first encounter (I know Kyurem was under Ghetsis' possession so that's justified) and if memory serves me right, in the original Ruby & Sapphire you were able to catch the mascot prior to the Elite Four, but maybe this time around you may obtain the item that can trigger the Primal Reversion after catching them, like how you obtained the Mewtwonite X/Y after catching Mewtwo in X & Y.

Years
  • Primal Reversion may be reserved for the pantheon of Legendary Pokemon:

Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Maybe), Regigigas, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem (Maybe), Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde.

I call them a pantheon because they're basically the "big" Legendaries of the Pokemon world. Giratina and Kyurem may not end up receiving Primal Reversions due to their multiple forms already. However, the rest seem like likely candidates. This would also answer the question as to why Zygarde seems so...mild compared to Xerneas and Yvetal.
    It could work for a lot of them. Except for the Tao trio which can't have Primal forms as they were originally one, so if they get a Primal Reversion it'll also have to be part fusion for them to return to their original Dragon form.

Years
  • I don't really want them pulling a B2/W2 on us, it was not fun being forced to defeat the mascot on first encounter (I know Kyurem was under Ghetsis' possession so that's justified) and if memory serves me right, in the original Ruby & Sapphire you were able to catch the mascot prior to the Elite Four, but maybe this time around you may obtain the item that can trigger the Primal Reversion after catching them, like how you obtained the Mewtwonite X/Y after catching Mewtwo in X & Y.

If it's the orbs they could make it so that we don't get them from Phoebe or her grandparents at Mt. Pyre until after the main story.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If it's the orbs they could make it so that we don't get them from Phoebe or her grandparents at Mt. Pyre until after the main story.

I like that! Due to the extreme power of the Primal forms, you can't unlock their capabilities until defeating the champion Steven, who reveals to you the whereabouts of the items and their purpose. It would fit perfectly - being the wise man he is, Steven keeps this radically strong item that can make the legendary mascots grow to twice their original size hidden from the player until they've proven themselves as worthy trainers!

Years
  • I like that! Due to the extreme power of the Primal forms, you can't unlock their capabilities until defeating the champion Steven, who reveals to you the whereabouts of the items and their purpose. It would fit perfectly - being the wise man he is, Steven keeps this radically strong item that can make the legendary mascots grow to twice their original size hidden from the player until they've proven themselves as worthy trainers!

Well I was thinking that Maxie and Archie will return the orbs (again if they are the item) to the elders of Mt. Pyre like in the originals (they could give us Camerupite/ Sharpedite as a way to say sorry to us). Then post game Phoebe will call us up to meet with her at Mt. Pyre. She could expain them better. It'll give her an out of the E4 role. Steven could be there too but mostly let her explain it. Maybe she'll tell the player of a third legend (meaning we'll hear about the other mascot during the main story like in the originals) and tells us she'll it's orb to one who holds it, and the other two (G and K) to test our bonds/ power.

Years
  • Well I was thinking that Maxie and Archie will return the orbs (again if they are the item) to the elders of Mt. Pyre like in the originals (they could give us Camerupite/ Sharpedite as a way to say sorry to us). Then post game Phoebe will call us up to meet with her at Mt. Pyre. She could expain them better. It'll give her an out of the E4 role. Steven could be there too but mostly let her explain it. Maybe she'll tell the player of a third legend (meaning we'll hear about the other mascot during the main story like in the originals) and tells us she'll it's orb to one who holds it, and the other two (G and K) to test our bonds/ power.

I'm hoping for some new lore on the Orbs. Maybe the people at the summit of Mt. Pyre will tell us more about them in these games.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • It seemed really weird that none of the Elite Four had an out-of-E4 role so giving that little extra bit to Phoebe might flesh out her character more and also give the orbs/elders a little more story, which they could've also benefited from in the original games. It was a missed opportunity.

Years
  • The story line is there for them to make deeper, I think. Phoebe's the old woman's granddaughter, so it wouldn't be surprising in the least to see her make an appearance outside of the elite four at Mt. Pyre to discuss Primal Reversion and the orbs with the player; Steven doesn't even have to be present.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Yeah, What if Phoebe and Wallace have some kind of connection, flesh out the story a bit more considering the Cave of Origin wasn't much of an influence compared to Mt. Pyre?

Years
  • this has more than likely already been pointed out, but, well, Primal Dialga. Probably Palkia and maybe Giratina too.

Primal Dialgia is described as a Dialga that has lost control of its ability to control time due to Temporal Tower's collapse, changing it to this new form. It's also incapable of any type of logical reasoning, and only seeks to prevent time from flowing properly, as well as self-preservation. This very well might have something to do with Primal Reversion, as they are ancient beings and Dialga is unable to control time in its Primal form. Don't know if Palkia and Giratina would receive Primal forms though, because Dialgia is the "Temporal" Pokemon, which means "of or relating to time", giving it a connection to devolution.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    Hmmm.

PRIMAL DIALGA MAIN SERIES!

Fave pokemon battle ever and seems suspicious. Note that primal groudon/kyogre have those yellow things... PRIMAL DIALGA??? Can't wait. Is this the first time this theory has been written?

Back