• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Alpha Fan [USERS NEEDED]

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I thought a good place to start would be to do a normal run through not trying to cut down anything. At present I'm just about to leave Mt.Moon and I'm at 1 hour 26 minutes. What I could cut down on:

1. I picked Charmander as a starter
    2. I fought the second rival battle
    3. I spoke to everyone
    4. I got all the items possible
    5. I made an extra trip to Pallet Town for 5 Poke Balls
    6. I keep going back to the Pokemon Center.

Definitely room for improvement but seeing as I'm doing this without trying to save time it's not too bad.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    You know what? I think you may be on to something, Fire Wolf. The only flaw I see is that you need Ice Beam on Lapras, which would make it impossible to get it for Wartortle/Blastoise. One thing I like about Charmander is saving the couple of steps at the beginning. You can just turn and get it. But I think it would definitely make up in beating Brock and Misty. I'll try that.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I'm stuck on starters. All three of them are very useful but on the normal run through I'm doing at the moment, my Charmeleon had major trouble against Misty. Brock was simple though, you just need strategy against him.

Advice for Charmander starters- Do the Route with Bill in it before Misty, it really gives you those extra few levels.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I'm stuck on starters. All three of them are very useful but on the normal run through I'm doing at the moment, my Charmeleon had major trouble against Misty. Brock was simple though, you just need strategy against him.

Advice for Charmander starters- Do the Route with Bill in it before Misty, it really gives you those extra few levels.
    Right, Bill before Misty is very important. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can get dig after you do Bill's thing, right? That would really help on Misty.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Right, Bill before Misty is very important. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you can get dig after you do Bill's thing, right? That would really help on Misty.

Yes you can get Dig before Misty in that way and it would help a lot.

Believe I tried beating Misty with a Charmeleon that only knew Mega Punch. She slaughtered me so I tried Bill and got Dig and slaughtered her.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    You know what? I think you may be on to something, Fire Wolf. The only flaw I see is that you need Ice Beam on Lapras, which would make it impossible to get it for Wartortle/Blastoise. One thing I like about Charmander is saving the couple of steps at the beginning. You can just turn and get it. But I think it would definitely make up in beating Brock and Misty. I'll try that.
    Uh, Lapras learns Ice Beam by level up.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years

Uh, Lapras learns Ice Beam by level up.
    While this is true, I would prefer Lapras to know Ice Beam as soon as I get it, as I'm pretty much going to be soloing everything from when I get it.

Another thing that I remembered is that you should definitely get a Pokedoll for the Lavender Tower rather than beating the Rocket Game Corner. It uses too much time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I really think you should use a psychic type, as they are unbeatable. Like the 3rd gen anime theme song.

The problem is the time it'll take to level up for example an Abra. It takes a long time to get that Abra to Level 16 and evolve into Kadabra. At the end of the day when you catch a Pokemon is when it's hardest to train one up time wise. This doesn't apply to Lapras because when I was training it up on a game it didn't take long at all.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    I really think you should use a psychic type, as they are unbeatable. Like the 3rd gen anime theme song.
    While I must give you props for that song, unfortunately, seal is right, there's just no time to train up a Psychic Type. And this is all about time. I do have a Psychic Attack on Lapras, however, so that counts for something, right?

In other news, I begin my Squirtle run today. This is the slow run where I find out the easiest way to win based on the exp that trainers give. Because I'm not actually trying for a speed run, I'm not going to have a time posted.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    My normal, slow run through has fallen away a bit. Before Erika I had only spent roughly 4 hours on it. I spent some time training Pokemon and it's now 6 hours. Shows how much time training up takes.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
    I would like to join this project, though I'm unsure as to how much help I will be.

On Route 3, you want to fight the bug catcher with the four level nine bugs as opposed to the lass so you don't have to back track.

Also the fastest way through silph co. is to go to the fifth floor go left, avoiding the scientist you see. Then, go down, hugging the right wall so you can potentially avoid fighting the rocket you see. then take the warp tile. then take it again and wait until the rocket changes direction so that he is not facing the tile below then you go down and right until you find the card key. At this point you can either use dig or an escape of some sort. Or you can return to that tile and potentially have to fight the trainer. From there, you go to the third floor where you will definitely have to fight a rocket. You go left then down where you will see him. After you beat him, use the card key to the left of him and take that warped panel. then you will see you're rival and the man who gives you lapras. From there take the other warped panel to the eleventh floor and fight the rocket down there (I believe he is required in RB; if you're playing yelllow you'll have to fight Jessie and James, who are always required.) Then sue th card key and face Giovanni.

Hope this help. I will try to gather more information.

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
    Years
    All right, you can count me in. A Generation I fanboy through and through, this should be interesting...

I think, going by everyone's awesome strategies, that I'm going for Squirtle. I'm doing it on my GBC because I'm cool like that. I'll use Myrrhman's Lapras-Pidgey combo, and... yeah. So, Poke Doll instead of Silph Scope, huh? Must say I never thought of that DX

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
    All right, you can count me in. A Generation I fanboy through and through, this should be interesting...

I think, going by everyone's awesome strategies, that I'm going for Squirtle. I'm doing it on my GBC because I'm cool like that. I'll use Myrrhman's Lapras-Pidgey combo, and... yeah. So, Poke Doll instead of Silph Scope, huh? Must say I never thought of that DX

Ha ha me either. I always went through the Celadon base. It would never even occur to me to do that.

I've got some challenges going on but after that I should be able to provide more information.

TehYoshiNinja

Back, again.
    Years
    EDIT: Ah crap it! Damn my internets! I'll keep both posts up. For lulz. And stuff. Oh well. ^^"

So, yeah. Just saying I'd love to join the project, being a rabid Gen.I fanboy and all. Using Myrrhman's awesome strategies, I'll do the Squirtle-Lapras-Pidgey thing, and it'll be on my GBA.

In fact, I started early.

Due to an annoying rival (he spammed Growl constantly until my Attack was the lowest it could go), and also the fact that Tackle missed about 3/4 of the time, about a minute went into that goddamn battle itself >_<

So, I did the Parcel Quest, and caught myself a Pidgey. So far, 0:09. Not a good time, I think.

Oh, and something to use. Like how the runner did it, for that extra speed you can just name everything (you, your rival, your Pokeymen) A. That way, it scrolls quicker. But that's already been mentioned, I guess.

And finally, one last thing. Using the Poke Doll on the ghost in Pokemon Tower? I didn't know that worked :O

Okay, so I lied. Wow, this post is going on forever.

Brock is toast with Water Gun, Misty can be defeated with Bite, Lt. Surge is cakewalk with a 100 powered Dig (yeah man Dig is broken in Gen I. a 100 powered move before Misty?), you can get Ice Beam before Erika with what Erika is easy, then Koga is easy with Dig again, just defeat Sabrina with Surf or something then easily blast Blaine and Giovanni with Surf

That's why I chose Squirtle. One thing could be changed though: As Alakazam (and Sabrina's other Pokes I think) have ridiculously high Special, then maybe Bite instead of Surf. But still, that's just me being nitpicky. So, yes. This post is finally OVER! :D

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well why don't you just take a Gastly and evo to Haunter for the Psychic typish Pokemon. Use Mr. Psychic's TM on him as well as Lt. Surge's Thunderbolt, and maybe Erika's Mega Drain and boom. You've got a Haunter with:

Lick
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Mega Drain

Just an Idea to toss out now and then... Ghost types are highly versatile!

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Well why don't you just take a Gastly and evo to Haunter for the Psychic typish Pokemon. Use Mr. Psychic's TM on him as well as Lt. Surge's Thunderbolt, and maybe Erika's Mega Drain and boom. You've got a Haunter with:

Lick
    Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Mega Drain

Just an Idea to toss out now and then... Ghost types are highly versatile!
    But not enough time to train and a Haunter isn't that great unless evolved into a Gengar, which unless you can trade is impossible.

Back