• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Protagonists

Prefer the guy, or the girl?

• Total voters

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
Years
How is the girl older if she looks younger? .-.

I don't really like either of them. RS had the best protagonists. Hiking boots + shorts aren't that killer of a combo either [/fashion critic].

I find the guy to be a fresh breath of air. The past male protagonists were... bland, to me. This one has hair that's typical for a teenager. :P His clothes aren't bad either, I like it.

I love the girl, far too much. Probably my favorite female protagonist yet. Everything about her just rocks.

Would you rather have her walking around a region in flip flops, gamer?

me likes her hair, it's different.

and i love the guy's hat. it's totally not stupid like some other protagonists *cough*lucas*cough

Both designs are awesome, I like how they made them seem older than the others have been. I like the male's design a bit more than the female one. He looks pretty strong.

These people basically covered it for me. I really like them both and the girl has actually grown on me alot. Personally I like her hair, it's not bland and gives here a real personality. No problem with either of them (though not a boots fan in general but whatever I'll live.)

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
The girl= How does her hair poke out of the top of her head it she has a hat?!

You know that space that most hats have (or maybe had) in the back to adjust the size? And I'm pretty sure she's got a ponytail, so that's probably how that whole thing works. ;)

As for the characters in general, I like them very much. Not sure if I like their designs better than Gen 4's though, but they're definitely appealing designs if you ask me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
How is the girl older if she looks younger? .-.

I don't really like either of them. RS had the best protagonists. Hiking boots + shorts aren't that killer of a combo either [/fashion critic].
I agree with you May and Brendan especially their Emerald design was the best out of all the Protagonist but these are a close second for me, May and Brendan FTW.

Umbreon_

muwahh
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 21, 2010
Which character are you going to use?

Or in other words are you going to go and play with a female character who looks so cool and pretty or the male one who's simple and cute! XD ;?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'll eventually do both, but I'm torn between using either of them. It's always been a big thing for me whenever I play, starting a new era and starting a new 'pokélife', so the right choice is important for me. I might start with the boy though, haven't used one in a while.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Play as a guy first, then the girl. Come up with personalities for them through the games, and then use those personalities in screenshot Let's Plays. That's how it works. Just need to make the Let's Plays.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I really like the male protagonist...mainly because with my hair and build, it'll be rather easy to cosplay as him. XD

I really love their overall designs though. Making them older will have a significant effect on the plot as far as I can tell. If they didn't receive their starter pokemon at the age of ten, they must've been biding time before Prof. [insert name here] summons them to do something important with one of his starter pokeymans...gym challenge being a secondary objective...

Years
I think they did a great job on both. I slightly like the female character more because of the hair.

Side by side in the video shown today, is it me or does the girl have a resemblance to Nakagawa Shoko?
I think that's just your wishful thinking. The hair sort of reminded me of Ayaka, which, by the way, shows that it's not so far-fetched to have hair standing up like that.

Spoiler:

It's just exaggerated since it's Pokemon.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
Years
They are both great, I'm happy with them.

Although I still wonder what is coming out of that girl's pants.

Her pockets :)

So I can honestly say that these are my favorite character designs as of yet... At first I was completely BS at the three starters thinking that Gamefreak had really jumped the shark with this one until I saw these two, they redeemed my whole perception on these games.

The guy actually looks like a teenager who was planning on going on a journey for an extended period of time would as far as clothing goes. He has pretty sweet hairdo and his facial expression is determined... He has everything going for him her perfect.

The girls is honestly the best of them all so far. Leaf was okay but her outfit was stupid as all hell... May was neat but she just seemed so bland and generic and boring to me... Dawn was just as bland and even more boring to me on top of that she was tied to that nightmare Lucas.

The new girl has it all, the confidence, the uniqueness... I mean her outfit really stands out and I know a lot of people are complaining about her hair but I think its really cool, its a little out there but i mean really what do you expect?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
I gotta say that these are the best protagonists designs since Emeralds protagonists designs. Finally the female character has a pretty good design. I like them both to tell you the truth, and I also like pie. mmmm pie.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Seeing as I am a biological male IRL and I currently see no reason why I shouldn't choose the male protagonist, I suppose I should go with the male protagonist. XD

Back