• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Protagonists

Prefer the guy, or the girl?

• Total voters

Illustration

ああああああああ
Years
The first thing that came to my mind when I saw the male protagonist was that he looked like the past protagonists from the past generations. As for the female protagonist... I just have to like her. I love ponytails possibly more than any hairstyle <3

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
The male protagonist's design looks cool and simple, but for the females... well, she looks like a mess imo...the hair..it threw me off a little bit when I saw her the first time ;/

Massai

Lesson The First
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Undecided. I have a long history of playing as female characters despite being a male - it stems from my D&D days before we got some girls in the group and I wanted to balance the cast with at least one female character that wasn't being played like an idiot. The female looks pretty great, especially with the hair, but the male is one GQ looking *expletive deleted*

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'll probably play as the guy because I usually do, being a male and all that, but the girl looks awesome. Maybe because she looks like Kay Faraday...nah! She just looks awesome. 8D

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
I've been avoiding my own gender for the last two generations because the guys looked awful, while the girls looked quite good, but I like this new guy, so I'll be choosing him.

Years
I'll probably play as the girl on my import as I usually do, and then play as the guy when I get it when it comes out in the US n_n

I like both of their designs.
[but I love the girl's hair. it's defs fierce]

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
both are really cool! heaps better than dp. i'll use the guy for my main game but if i go through a second running or i get the other version too, i will go girl as well.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
The Female <3 I mean seriously. The male's colours should switch to dark body and light accent. But the girl, wow, power, great looking, those shoes! :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I love the new design and feel for the protagonists so very much; I feel making them look more mature and older does nothing but make the games relate to the older contingent of pokémon players.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
Years
The.Girl.Has.Awesome.Hair. :D

Girl, but the guy actually doesn't look weird this time :D

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Her pockets :)

So I can honestly say that these are my favorite character designs as of yet... At first I was completely BS at the three starters thinking that Gamefreak had really jumped the shark with this one until I saw these two, they redeemed my whole perception on these games.

The guy actually looks like a teenager who was planning on going on a journey for an extended period of time would as far as clothing goes. He has pretty sweet hairdo and his facial expression is determined... He has everything going for him her perfect.

The girls is honestly the best of them all so far. Leaf was okay but her outfit was stupid as all hell... May was neat but she just seemed so bland and generic and boring to me... Dawn was just as bland and even more boring to me on top of that she was tied to that nightmare Lucas.

The new girl has it all, the confidence, the uniqueness... I mean her outfit really stands out and I know a lot of people are complaining about her hair but I think its really cool, its a little out there but i mean really what do you expect?

This. I definitely prefer the girl over the guy though. I just think he looks a bit too like Red in Lucas(Platinum)'s jacket.
I don't get why everyone is so confused by the girl's (awesome) hair though. It is clearly just a ponytail poking through the hole above the strap.

Major_Tom

Ground control to Major Tom
Years
I will use the guy for the first time I play and when I get bored and restart I will use the girl the second time.

Back