• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    1. Probably. The have them in all different countries, so see your local gaming store, or the Nintendo/Pokemon/Gamefreak site.
    2. Changing Rotom's form doesn't require a Mystery Gift. And to catch Darkrai or Shaymin, you'll need to go to an event and/or trade it from another game (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).

Erm.... Wrong.

Changing Rotom's form requires the Secret Key, which only comes through an event, therefore you do need Mystery Gift. Also, the items to catch Shaymin (Oak's Letter) and Darkrai (Member's Pass) were obtained via an event in Japan about a month after Platinum was released there, so it is not unreasonable to expect that there to be an event to obtain the items in the US, and even in Europe following Platinum's release. So yes.... you do need Mystery Gift to get both.

EDIT: The Secret Key was obtained through an event in the period of a few months after the release of Platinum as well.

Years
    Giratina question...

do i have to catch Giratina the first time i battle him, because i really want to soft reset to get a shiny, but i want to beat the game asap
    i'm just not sure if i can try to catch him later

can anyone help me

Years
    Anyone of them. Just one honey will attract it. The reason why it's so hard to find it is because it only has a 1% encounter rate. Saving in front of a honey tree and turning the game off (or SRing) won't change what Pokemon is in the tree, so don't even try that.

Years
    dang... ok thanksz... 1 more question... how do connect to wii fii?? i have a router in my sweatmates room that i connect my laptop to but i cannot figure out how to connect my ds to it... can someone please help me so i can register??

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Welcome to PokeCom, and KOG is correct. In Platinum, you can only catch it once - in the Torn World.

If you fire up DP again, though, you could go and find it from Wayward Cave and send the shiny over that way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    dang... ok thanksz... 1 more question... how do connect to wii fii?? i have a router in my sweatmates room that i connect my laptop to but i cannot figure out how to connect my ds to it... can someone please help me so i can register??

No one can help you with your router. I'd suggest reading the manual that came with it, as well as the DS manual on wireless connection and settings.

Years
    oksz... well iv had my ds 4 a while now and never needed the wireless untill now... and im at school and my manuel is at home so could you please help me with how to get to the wireless??

Years

Have you tried the "Nintendo WFC Settings" button on the "continue" screen? Just looking to see if this can have a simple solution.

Years
    I was sure I heard somewhere that if you kill Giratina in the Distortion World or run away, he'll appear later in Turnback Cave, but this was a while back when the Japanese version had only been out for a few weeks (might have been Serebii I heard it from)

Last edited:

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Dooney is right, it came from Serebii that if you kill Giratina the first time it will appear at Lv47 near Turnback Cave. This may only be for JAP, so I would just go with transferring one from D/P. Or you could try and try and try, since beating the game isn't much of a thrill.

Back