• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Turnback Cave Giratina is exactly the same as the Distortion World one, so yes, it can still change to Origin Forme.

A Wonder Card is a piece of in-game data you receive at an event; it contains information on the Pokémon you get, such as the OT and moves. However, you can only see its description and icon at first; to find out the other information, you need to pick up the Pokémon.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    You need the Griseous Orb to change Giratina into Origin forme while in the normal universe.

Wonder Cards are basically cards that list all events that you mainly had.

EDIT: I hate you, Wichu.

LegendaryPokeBreeder

Did you get the pecan sandies?
    Years
    Theres an ability on a pokemon, Im pretty sure of it, that ups the chances of finding a pokemon holding an item but I cant remember for the life of me what its called xD any help? cheers guys

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Theres an ability on a pokemon, Im pretty sure of it, that ups the chances of finding a pokemon holding an item but I cant remember for the life of me what its called xD any help? cheers guys

You mean the 'Pickup' ability right?

Pickup allows your Pokemon to occasionally find items. The items become much rarer the higher level your pickup pokemon is.

OR you might be talking about 'Frisk'. It doesn't increase the chances of finding pokemon with held items, but tells you if the Pokemon is holding an item or not.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    It's Compoundeyes.. The pokemon with this ability must be at the front the the party to work.

Years
    Moves that can be passed down are egg moves and TM/HMs from the father and moves that it would learn at later levels if both parents know them. If the baby can't learn the tutor move from either method, then you can't get the tutor move on the baby.

In short: Unfortunately, no.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    BIG question about Munchlax and Honey trees.

Is it true if you put honey on a tree, and say you are looking for a Munchlax and the Pokemon turns out to be a Wurmple...if you put honey on that same tree after battling Wurmple, are your chances now reduced from 1% to finding Munchlax to .01%? I read that somewhere, and I'm not sure if it is true or not...it might explain why I have put honey on 92 trees and had no luck yet!

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Well, I hear it's still 1%.
    Just keep trying.
    It takes a while. You haven't even used 100 yet xD.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    rue lol, but aren't they just like the shinies...like if you fight the 8,192 Pokemon without turning your game off, then one of those will be shiny, but if you turn it off the counting restarts pretty much. I heard that the 1% is somewhat like that, so you don't have a definate chance to get one once you put it on 100 trees.

Years
    No, the game uses a random number generator (based on your trainer ID, but that's way too complicated to get into) to determine whether a Pokemon will be shiny or not. Saying that for every 8192 Pokemon, there will be 1 shiny all the time is a bit of a stretch. It's kind of like when you flip a coin. Even though it's a 50/50 chance, the results will probably show something different.

Also, seeing a Wurmpule doesn't lower your chances of finding a Munchlax. Anything even resembling a statement that says "if you see this, then you'll have a less chance of seeing this" is false. Just keep trying to find that Munchlax, and one day, you will.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    A quick question.

I heard somewhere that you can get Sky Forme shaymin using a Shaymin obtained using Oak's Letter..
    Is this true?

A Shaymin obtained using the Oak's Letter can turn into Sky Forme, yes. However, the event Shaymin is still necessary to pick up the Gracidea in the first place, which is then used for the transformation.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Is it true if you put honey on a tree, and say you are looking for a Munchlax and the Pokemon turns out to be a Wurmple...if you put honey on that same tree after battling Wurmple, are your chances now reduced from 1% to finding Munchlax to .01%? I read that somewhere, and I'm not sure if it is true or not...it might explain why I have put honey on 92 trees and had no luck yet!

No, the chances are always nearly 1 in 100 and it will never change. It's basically a Random Script in the game that has many choices to be cruddy pokemon, but it will always be 1 in 100 for Munchlax, no matter how many tries you used. It resets every second. Also, if you want a Muchlax that badly, I have a shiny...

A quick question.

I heard somewhere that you can get Sky Forme shaymin using a Shaymin obtained using Oak's Letter..
    Is this true?

Well, that question is incomplete, but I'll answer it. Yes, Shaymin will be able to transform into Sky Forme, but only if you have the Gracedia in the first place from the movie-related events or Action Replay... for most people.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    You find the Magmarizer on Route 214. Is there anywhere you can find an Electrizer?

Back