• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    I am trying to get a Pichu to have maximum happiness so that it can evolve
    how ever i dont want it to have any battles in order to max the happiness
    i heard that there are berries that can do that but reduces stats
    if the pichu is given these berries at lvl 1 will it have any effect on possible stats in the future?
    Any idea how many berries would i need to give to max out happiness?

No, it doesen't reduce stats. Well, it does in a way. It reduces Effort Values, which is what a Pokémon gains when it battles wild Pokémon.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

https://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

So no, it doesen't affect its future stats. If it is at lvl 1, those berries doesen't do anything besides raise it happiness. Or.. maybe it doesen't work at all, because it doesen't have any EVs?

I guess you'll have to battle with it a bit before giving it those berries. I'm not sure how many you have to give to it.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    I am trying to get a Pichu to have maximum happiness so that it can evolve
    how ever i dont want it to have any battles in order to max the happiness
    i heard that there are berries that can do that but reduces stats
    if the pichu is given these berries at lvl 1 will it have any effect on possible stats in the future?
    Any idea how many berries would i need to give to max out happiness?

hapiness can be raised too having your pichu on your party and walking a lot of steps and always is a good option go to have a massage pkmn in Veilstone or Resort Area, also if you use a Potion or MooMoo Milk when the HP is full, is hapiness is increased a little bit XD

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    to increase happiness without berries, go to the house near the gym in south veilstone and give pichu a massage

also you can use the ribbon syndicate second floor (you must have beaten the elite four and you need a pokemon with a lot of ribbons to gain entry - i cant remember how many)

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Hmmm... Pokerus?

Hello! Just wondering... How do you get Pokerus? I got a Pokemon (Zangoose) from the GTS that already had it, and I was like, whoa! what up with da smiley face?! LOL! So... I heard that you can get it from beating a random wild Pokemon, but I don't get it! =( Help! Thanks!! ^_^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It's based on luck and it's very rare. Chances are you won't ever actually catch it in the wild, so don't count on actually getting it. Your odds of catching the Pokerus are less than your odds of running into a shiny at random.

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Holy smokes! Yowza, that's a slim chance! Well, thanks for telling me! *Umbreon walks away with a droopy head, thinking that she'll never ever get Pokerus on her special Umbreon...*

Oh, the sadness!

Trying to get Pokerus sucks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    magikarp question

ok i am searching for a level 99 magikarp and so far i caught a level 89 and i kinda thinking i should give up on the search what should i do??

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Actually, trying to get Pokerus isn't as hopeless a venture as you'd think it is. All you need to do is to find someone willing to trade you a pokemon that has pokerus active on it, then you can spread it all around to your other pokemon whenever you'd like!

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
    I think i have 1 and if not i had 1 pokemon with pokerus
    I dont know if i still have it or not as the pokemon is on pokemon ranch
    i dont know but i remeber that you get this odd smily face when pokerus is over

anyway dont give up just play the game and 1 pokemon might catch it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Hello! Just wondering... How do you get Pokerus? I got a Pokemon (Zangoose) from the GTS that already had it, and I was like, whoa! what up with da smiley face?! LOL! So... I heard that you can get it from beating a random wild Pokemon, but I don't get it! =( Help! Thanks!! ^_^

The smily face means that its been cured of it so that means it can not spread it to any other pokemon. i think the chance rate of finding one in the wild is similar to finding a shiny in the wild

ultimatediamond

Aura Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    the pokerus disappears after about 24 hours, but if you keep the infected pokemon in your pc, it will never go away

to spread it, take out 5 uninfected pokemon and move the infected one to one of the two middle slots
    then battle about 4-5 times and it will have spread to the very top and bottom of the party pokemon

i have many pokemon with the pokerus if anyone wants it

Years
    The question was answered, why are we just adding tidbits the asker probably doesn't care about?

Pokerus is much harder to find than shinies (approx 1/21846 chance). Also, Pokerus disappears after midnight, not 24 hours.

Years
    I want to start a new game,but i have 2 pokemons that are really important to me.Can i somehow get my two pokemon from my old game to new game?

RHCP

||Sweetie Belle~
    Years
    lollypop1997 - What game is it? If its an older GBA game, like Fire Red, you could Transfer your Pokemon to D/P/P through PalPark, but they'd have to stay there (You can't transfer them back but at least you'd still have them)
    Or if you have two GameBoys/DS, and another GBA/DS Pokemon Game, you could trade the Pokemon to your other game, then trade them back when you've started a new game.

Does anyone know if you can get a Moon Stone in the Underground in Platinum?

Years
    lollypop1997 - What game is it? If its an older GBA game, like Fire Red, you could Transfer your Pokemon to D/P/P through PalPark, but they'd have to stay there (You can't transfer them back but at least you'd still have them)
    Or if you have two GameBoys/DS, and another GBA/DS Pokemon Game, you could trade the Pokemon to your other game, then trade them back when you've started a new game.

Does anyone know if you can get a Moon Stone in the Underground in Platinum?

I have nintenoDS and platinum game.I have on platinum a game but i would like to start a new game on platinum.Is it possible to do it or not?

Back