• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Anyone know why it was sparkling snow in snowpoint city today? (even though its 7 minutes into sunday)

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    If you have EV trained your Pokes, all 510 EPs, can you then battle anything else, and the EVs won't get erased, right?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Yes, after you get all the 510 EVs on a pokemon, whatever you battle it doesn't make a difference.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    Shiny Clefairy?

I was in the game corner, and when the Clefairy came out, the tips of it's ears were green-blue, giving it the colors of a shiny Clefairy. Is this rare or not?

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    I think so, maybe. It could mean a better chance for a jackpot or better payout or something.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Right I have my Evee from Hearthrome after beating the League.

My dillemma is I want a fire type, but I also want a psychic type [Chimecho is just not fitting the bill on my team] Also I visited the Solaceon ruins and got the Odd Incense and the Spooky plate [Actually help on which of these is better would help too :P] so that would be useful for Espeon.
    But I don't have a fire type.
    I know how to get a fire stone and I know how to evolve it into Espeon. But the question is which is better?
    I suppose I could breed one from a Ditto but I dont have the patience to catch one with the Pokéradar. But I don't really have room on my team for two Evee evos.

Help!

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    SquirtleGirl: Typically, Espeon is better than Flareon..

Espeon
    - faster
    - higher and useful special attack
    - more moves to complement its special attack (e.g. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, and Signal Beam if you have Platinum)

Flareon
    - bulkier
    - higher but useless attack
    - limited physical movepool (e.g. Return, Fire Fang, Superpower, unless you want to go special but that stat's base power is 95, which is not too terrible...)

As for items, both are decent (Spooky Plate powers ghost, Odd Incence powers Psychic, so I would go with the latter for Espeon). Another option is Leftovers, which always helps. So, Espeon appears to be more useful than Flareon.

However although Sinnoh lacks any good Fire type Pokemon besides Chimchar... If you have DP, your only choice may be Ponyta (Route 210). If you have Plat, I believe you can catch Houndour early.. or not, I am not sure, haha. Also, it depends on what the rest of your team looks like.

Regardless, use your favorite! If you train either, they should be useful. ^__^

lollypop1997: Press start when you see Giratina. Next, hold down the B button, Select button, and Up on the D-Pad at the same time. Then, it will ask you if you want to delete the current file.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Anyone know why it was sparkling snow in snowpoint city today? (even though its 7 minutes into sunday)
    I noticed it too =/ I think this is Diamond Dust, that appears every january 12 in DP, DPPt and HGSS... But I have no idea why it occured now. Ah well.
    Can anyone explain how to trade TMs over WiFi?

PM me if you can help me with this!
    X3
    As Fire Wolf said, just let them hold it. As easy as that ^^
    I was in the game corner, and when the Clefairy came out, the tips of it's ears were green-blue, giving it the colors of a shiny Clefairy. Is this rare or not?

~Prof. W.
    Oh yes, let's see here... There are three dirrefent Clefaires that can come out from the Pokéballs at the Veilstone Slots: Clefairy-faking Ditto, Regular Clefairy and Shiny Clefairy. This changes the probability to repeat the bonus stage rounds. Say, if you get this shiny one, the chance is bigger that the bonus will continue for a while, than if it'd be the Ditto. Hope I helped XD
    Right I have my Evee from Hearthrome after beating the League.

My dillemma is I want a fire type, but I also want a psychic type [Chimecho is just not fitting the bill on my team] Also I visited the Solaceon ruins and got the Odd Incense and the Spooky plate [Actually help on which of these is better would help too :P] so that would be useful for Espeon.
    But I don't have a fire type.
    I know how to get a fire stone and I know how to evolve it into Espeon. But the question is which is better?
    I suppose I could breed one from a Ditto but I dont have the patience to catch one with the Pokéradar. But I don't really have room on my team for two Evee evos.

Help!
    That's completely up to you. They're good in different ways. I think I'd prefer Espeon of the two, but I can't decide what you should do to your team.

...Or just check the post above. There's some tips for you. (You're playing DP, as in Platinum you get the Eevee before national dex. In DP there sure is a lack of good fire types, when there are for example Hondour and Magmar in Plat. But as you already beat the league, that doean't relly matter.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    i suck at chaining and i dont have ar so can someone give me some

There are several legitimate methods to obtain shiny Pokemon.

Chain method: You can learn how to chain from this basic guide and this advanced guide. When you have a chain of at least 40, the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon is 1/200.

Masuda method: Breed international parents (e.g. English Charizard with a Japanese Ditto) and the chance of hatching a shiny Pokemon is 1/2048.

RNG method: I would teach this, but you do not appear to have a shiny already... You need your Secret ID, calculated from the information from your own shiny.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    SquirtleGirl: Typically, Espeon is better than Flareon..

Espeon
    - faster
    - higher and useful special attack
    - more moves to complement its special attack (e.g. Psychic, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, and Signal Beam if you have Platinum)

Flareon
    - bulkier
    - higher but useless attack
    - limited physical movepool (e.g. Return, Fire Fang, Superpower, unless you want to go special but that stat's base power is 95, which is not too terrible...)

As for items, both are decent (Spooky Plate powers ghost, Odd Incence powers Psychic, so I would go with the latter for Espeon). Another option is Leftovers, which always helps. So, Espeon appears to be more useful than Flareon.

However although Sinnoh lacks any good Fire type Pokemon besides Chimchar... If you have DP, your only choice may be Ponyta (Route 210). If you have Plat, I believe you can catch Houndour early.. or not, I am not sure, haha. Also, it depends on what the rest of your team looks like.

Regardless, use your favorite! If you train either, they should be useful. ^__^

Well I guess I've already beaten the league so I',m not in desperate need of one anyway.

I think I got ,my plates mixed up. It says it powers psychic moves so I think it's another one. Oops :L
    I think I will go for Espeon. I just need to make it happier now! Thanks You, and to Pokestick too!

Also, where do you get Leftovers? :)

Back