• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does the Heat Rock work only if the Sunny Day user holds it, or does it also activate if another pokemon in later has one?

Heat Rock only works with the pokemon that is holding it. If you switch out and that pokemon has the Heat Rock as well, if Sunny Day is still going it will still activate. I hope this helped.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Heat Rock only works with the pokemon that is holding it. If you switch out and that pokemon has the Heat Rock as well, if Sunny Day is still going it will still activate. I hope this helped.

^ not sure what the second sentence means. Some clarification:

Heat Rock does not work like this:
    User uses Sunny Day + Heat Rock "activates" > Sunlight for 5 turns + 3 turns (8 turns left).
    User uses Sunny Day > Sunlight for 5 turns > Switch in Heat Rock + Heat Rock "activates" > Add +3 turns (7 turns left).
    User uses Sunny Day + all 4 Pokemon in a Double Battle are holding Heat Rock + Heat Rocks "activate" > Sunlight for 5 turns + 3x4 turns (17 turns left)
    User uses Sunny Day > Sunlight for 5 turns > Wait 3 turns > Switch in Heat Rock + Heat Rock "activates" > Add +3 turns (4 turns left).

Heat Rock does work like this:
    User uses Sunny Day while holding Heat Rock > Sunlight for 8 turns.

Heat Rock never activates and actively adds turns to your Sunny Day count. Instead, it just increases the duration of the original cast.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Can someone help me find my Secret ID?

I don't have an AR and would like to know my Secret ID, can someone please help?

Trainer AJ

I am an hero
    Years
    As far as I know, there are no other methods to find your secret ID without the aid of an Action Replay or Gameshark.

Also, Google.com is your friend.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I am in distortion world and standing at Girantina and was wonderng is the possiblity of being shny when I interact with it or what

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
    I am in distortion world and standing at Girantina and was wonderng is the possiblity of being shny when I interact with it or what

There is always a possibility of a pokemon being shiny. If you want a shiny Giratina just save in front of it and if its not shiny, just soft reset (L+R+Start+select). Just remember that theres only a 1 and 8092(Correct me if im wrong) chance of getting a shiny pokemon, so it could take a long time.

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    I also have another question what is Girantina's best nature?

TFN

Blastiose fan XD
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    Thanks but it has 2 formes and it says on Seribii it has more Sp atk and atk in its orignal forme so what whould I use for that

Alec_

Years
    You should post this in Quick Question and Answers Thread here in D/P/PL Section.
    Okay? Also Trainer AJ is right. You should also try Google.

~Fairytales.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Ok... I need some help:
    I have just done snowpoint gym, and i can't get into pastoria due to the blackout. Someone help please?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok... I need some help:
    I have just done snowpoint gym, and i can't get into pastoria due to the blackout. Someone help please?

Do you mean Sunyshore? If so, then have you visited all three lakes? Have you went to the Distortion World yet? Those are the things you have to do in order to reach Sunyshore City.

TIC TAC

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Yeah my bad, and, what's the distortion world?

a.new.bent

likes fire
    Years
    The distortion world is where Giritina appears in it's Origin Forme. After watching the spear pillar cutscene you will appear there. You can go back there from one room in Turnback cave where giritina was in diamond/pearl.

TIC TAC

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I can't get to dialga and palkia :(, I go from the celestic town entrance

Back