• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ok, this is going to be a really odd question, but I'm getting really frustrated so I'll ask it. I got to Giratina the 17th of May (I look at my journal entry every time I reset my game) and I have been SR ing for a shiny Giratina since that date. Sometimes I have a day off so I'll go at it pretty much ALL DAY (about 8 hours give or take) while I do things around the house or I'll go at it when I get home from work for about 4 or so hours until I go to bed. I have yet to have seen it shine even ONCE and its been 3 weeks. How unfair is that? Is this normal? I hear about how it took people like 2,000 or 200 resets and I'm probably literally going on hundreds of thousands now and my game is still not showing me any promise of a reward for it. Has this happened to anyone else? I really don't want to give up, I want it so bad : (

All I can say is that getting the shiny by SR'ing is all about your luck. You just have to keep trying. It really doesn't matter how many times you have been Soft Resetting either. So just keep Soft Resetting for the shiny; hopefully soon enough you'll get it.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ok, this is going to be a really odd question, but I'm getting really frustrated so I'll ask it. I got to Giratina the 17th of May (I look at my journal entry every time I reset my game) and I have been SR ing for a shiny Giratina since that date. Sometimes I have a day off so I'll go at it pretty much ALL DAY (about 8 hours give or take) while I do things around the house or I'll go at it when I get home from work for about 4 or so hours until I go to bed. I have yet to have seen it shine even ONCE and its been 3 weeks. How unfair is that? Is this normal? I hear about how it took people like 2,000 or 200 resets and I'm probably literally going on hundreds of thousands now and my game is still not showing me any promise of a reward for it. Has this happened to anyone else? I really don't want to give up, I want it so bad : (
    Oh honey, it's completely normal. It takes some shiny hunters hundreds of thousands of resets and months (3 weeks isn't that much) to get that glorious shiny. If you ever want to hear stories or need motivation, I advise that you check out this thread. Shinies come when you least expect it, so keep trying~

If you really want it, I do encourage you to keep at it. Having a legit shiny legendary is rare, so congrats if you find it (plus, shiny Giratina is hot). If you want to sweeten the find (applicable to D/P, as in Platinum, I doubt you can leave the Torn World), place an Abra with the ability Synchronize at the front of your party. It has a 50% chance of giving Giratina its nature. A good nature would be Impish/Bold or possibly Modest/Adamant. Either way, good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    I can't find moon stone... (platinum)

Is it true that the only place to find a moonstone is underground in platinum?? I started off with a cleffa in the beginning of the game, now i have a level 50 clefairy and I can't evolve her. =/

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    I Need Help With Breeding

I've been breeding my Snorlax with a ditto that is adamant. I put an everstone on the adamant ditto. When I get an egg it always comes out as a jolly pokemon? Why? Please help. I want the egg to be adamant.

Years
  • Looks like you're doing everything right.
    Is the Ditto from your region? If not, it is important to note that Ditto (or any other Pokemon) taken from versions of games from outside your region (i.e. Japan) are unable to pass down their natures.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 10, 2009
    WIFI - platinum

Hey, could anyone explain a bit to me about how the wifi system works on platinum and if its a bit different to P/D. Getting My platinum tommorow (yes bit late) Would be cool if someone could give me the puls of getting platinum instead of the P/D versions.

I read some reviews but honestly they were very bad. The youtube and gamesradar ones that is.

Cheers

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Yeah, sure. The Platinum Wi-fi is very similar (in fact the Wi-fi doesn't change, there are just added features) to the Wi-fi in D/P. There are a few extra things you can do, like do double battles for the entire Battle Frontier, not just the Battle Tower. The only other notable feature in Platinum is the Wi-fi Plaza, a massive "room" where players can gather and play fun mini-games. As for why you should get Platinum instead of D/P, there are many threads on it.

Hope that helps!

EDIT:

Oh honey, it's completely normal. It takes some shiny hunters hundreds of thousands of resets and months (3 weeks isn't that much) to get that glorious shiny. If you ever want to hear stories or need motivation, I advise that you check out this thread. Shinies come when you least expect it, so keep trying~

If you really want it, I do encourage you to keep at it. Having a legit shiny legendary is rare, so congrats if you find it (plus, shiny Giratina is hot). If you want to sweeten the find (applicable to D/P, as in Platinum, I doubt you can leave the Torn World), place an Abra with the ability Synchronize at the front of your party. It has a 50% chance of giving Giratina its nature. A good nature would be Impish/Bold or possibly Modest/Adamant. Either way, good luck.

Just adding to TB's post: If you really want it bad, and want to get other shiny legends with fantastic IVs and the best nature, but don't want to spend a huge amount of time, I suggest reading both my thread and the RNG Abuse Thread on Smogon to learn how to RNG Abuse.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey all!
    I just challenged Palmer after 21 battles in Platinum and lost (no surprise). I know that I will be able to challenge him again after 49 consecutive wins but will I be able to fight him any other times? I really want to take down his first dragonite team. Can you only fight him the two times?
    Thanks!

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Yeah, you can only fight him twice, at battle 21 and 49. However, the trainers after Palmer use stronger Pokés and better strategies, so you'll get to face many hard opponents xD.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • Hey all!
    I just challenged Palmer after 21 battles in Platinum and lost (no surprise). I know that I will be able to challenge him again after 49 consecutive wins but will I be able to fight him any other times? I really want to take down his first dragonite team. Can you only fight him the two times?
    Thanks!

If you lose in the battle tower you will have to start from zero again , which means you have to battle 21 battles again to battle him, and then total 49 to battle him at the 2nd round with no losing or it will go to zero in match count again

Years
  • This could just be posted in the Q&A section.

You have to get both of the orbs in Mt. Coronet!
    Then, go up to the top of the Mt to the Sky Piller, there will be two portals, click on them and you fight them.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    Yeah, you can only fight him twice, at battle 21 and 49.
    It's worth noting that, unlike in Emerald (right?), you can fight the Frontier Brains at 21 whenever because they don't go away once you get the print.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    This could just be posted in the Q&A section.

You have to get both of the orbs in Mt. Coronet!
    Then, go up to the top of the Mt to the Sky Piller, there will be two portals, click on them and you fight them.

Also, after collecting both orbs, you must talk to the elder of Celestic Town. You'll have to fight Dialga first; if you want to get Palkia first, you can KO Dialga, and catch Palkia. After you beat the Elite 4 again, Dialga will reappear if you KOed it (my brother tested this, and it works).

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
  • So i've done some reseach, and i foud out that breeding pokes from different countries increases the chances of getting a shiny. My question is Does the Meister Magicarp count as foreign ?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does the underground support wifi?

No, the underground does not support wifi. However, you can connect with your friends through the wireless link-up. You cannot go past the 30 feet rule of the wireless system though; long distance friends will not be able to see you in the underground, even when you guys are both underground at the same time.

Years
  • Palmer recap.
    So if I throw a battle, start at zero, I can work back up to 21 wins to fight his first team again? Additionally, even after I beat him, I can still fight him again even after I get the "print?"

Also,
    What's a print?

Also,
    I've beaten the elite four and had several battles on the battle frontier. Why don't I have access to the Survival and Resort areas yet?

Back