• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    In that case, would you say Metal Claw is a good alternative to Bullet Punch for Scizor since I only have Diamond?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    A pokemon can have a maximum of 510 EVs. You can certain EVs from certain pokemon.
    For example, you can get 2 HP EVs by defeating a Quagsire.
    4 EVs=1 stat point. Yes, the pokemon with Exp. Share still gets EVs.
    You shouldn't use rare candies until you've fully EV trained your pokemon.
    Rare candies won't give your pokemon EVs.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    In that case, would you say Metal Claw is a good alternative to Bullet Punch for Scizor since I only have Diamond?

Metal Claw or Iron Head, which he learns at 53.

Metal Claw has 50 power and has a chance to raise attack. Iron Head has 80 power and a chance to flinch the opponent (though Scizor isn't the fastest thing). Both have 100 accuracy. So take your pick.

If he has Technician, I'd pick Metal Claw.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Timid would be good, it lowers attack and raises speed.
    From viewing Bulbapedia, it looks like even the new forms' attack stat is still garbage so I wouldn't use it much.

When does Scizor learn Bullet Punch in Diamond?

Oh okay, thank you very much. :)
    If you want, I can help you get bullet punch, since I have platinum.

Generally, Timid is the way to go because you want more Speed on a Pokemon like Rotom. If you want more power, choose Modest.

Do the rotom forms have enough speed In the first place to outspeed most pokemon? Or is timid necessary?

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Do the rotom forms have enough speed In the first place to outspeed most pokemon? Or is timid necessary?

Base speed for Rotom (in other forms) is 86 (note: this is actually lower than normal Rotom, which has 91 speed). It's above 'average,' but nowhere near being the fastest out there.

lolwut

Too cute for you
    Years
    how come i have pokerus on all my pokemon one second then i look again at them the next day when i wake up and pkrs is gone and theres a lititle sad smiley face in the bottom right hand corner.

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    how come i have pokerus on all my pokemon one second then i look again at them the next day when i wake up and pkrs is gone and theres a lititle sad smiley face in the bottom right hand corner.
    The Pokémon ure cured from Pokérusover time, I think it takes just one day, it's best to keep one infected Pokémon in your box, as those kept in boxes aren't cured over time, this way you can keep infecting others with the one kept in the box.

I'll be getting Platinum soon, and I'm wondering if I'm able to trade over some Pokémon from the national dex (like Cyndaquil) over from the start, or will I have to wait until I finally get the national dex before I can trade them over. I need this information to know which Pokémon eggs I should prepare on my Pearl game. Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
    Years

Pkrs isn't a life long virus.
    After some time of the pokemon having it, it goes away.
    The only way for you to prevent it is to put the pokemon with Pkrs in the PC.
    That means it can't go when inside the computer =]

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I'll be getting Platinum soon, and I'm wondering if I'm able to trade over some Pokémon from the national dex (like Cyndaquil) over from the start, or will I have to wait until I finally get the national dex before I can trade them over. I need this information to know which Pokémon eggs I should prepare on my Pearl game. Thanks in advance...

Ya sure can! That's what I did. Had Chikorita, beldum, Torchic, and Nincada to start with

Years

Like the other posts said, Pokerus goes away after some time and that you can prevent that by putting the infected Pokemon in a PC. To be exact, Pokerus "goes away" the moment it turns midnight (00:00) if it's not in the PC. Then, that smilie face will show up in place of PKRS. That means that Pokemon won't be able to spread Pokerus to other Pokemon, but still has the EV doubling effects.

Last edited:

ProfessorMiles

Im Miles
    Years
    Good Idea Or No?

Is it a good idea to Train your Pokemon while its in its First State, Without Evolving it, so it can learn the moves Faster?
    Example.
    My Shinx - Lv: 27. Im Leveling it to level 29 So i can teach it Thunder Fang Earlier, instead of level 42 When Luxray learns it. Then im going to evolve it at level 30 and 31 So then i can have my LuxRay.
    is that a good idea? because i went through the pokedex in the Game Guide. and it says that most pokemon can learn its strongest move in first State almost 20 Levels before the 3rd State pokemon. Is this okay doing this, or should i evolve and wait?

:)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Why do the altered forms have competitive move-sets but change back when in Union Rooms and WiFI Clubs?

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Why do the altered forms have competitive move-sets but change back when in Union Rooms and WiFI Clubs?

Because If you try to battle with Diamond and Pearl, they didn't have those forms, meaning something messed up would happen.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Well, on appearance, this seems like a good idea.
    But in actuality, it depends on where you are in
    the game. If you're making a competitive team
    for online play, after you beat story mode,
    It's fine to do that and train it nicely...

On the opposite side, however, it's tough to do that
    while playing through the story and beating Gym Leaders,
    Rivals, Team Galactic, etc. They'll murder your Shinx with
    their fully evolved pokemon... It'll keep dieing and you can't
    really train him since he's (assuming it's a boy) so weak...
    I tried that with my turtwig but it was a complete joke when
    I went up against Gardenia. Yes. Gardenia.

For Thunder Fang, you can just go to a move tutor
    or give a heart scale who teaches forgotten moves.
    I believe Luxray automatically has Thunder Fang
    and Fire Fang once evolved?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I agree with Penumbra, it all depends on what you're doing with the story. If you want to get it done quickly, it's not a good idea. But if you want to take your time/don't mind taking your time, then I'd say it's a great idea. ^^​

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Okay I hear that but it does it with Platinum too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009

If you are asking why they still have competitive movesets listed for them on Smogon and other sites, it is because those forms can still be used over Shoddy Battle.

El Softo

Porygon 2012
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2009
    So when Ev training, all I need to do is fight the X amount of pokemon for their evs once right? Meaning after I've got the ev points I'm free to fight whichever pokemon I want and ev training is not an ongoing thing all the way to 100?

And which berries reset the EVs so I can start over/how many do I need?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    So when Ev training, all I need to do is fight the X amount of pokemon for their evs once right? Meaning after I've got the ev points I'm free to fight whichever pokemon I want and ev training is not an ongoing thing all the way to 100?

Correct.

And which berries reset the EVs so I can start over/how many do I need?

Berries #21-26, the ones from Pomeg to Tamato, are the ones that will decrease EVs. The maximum that you will need for each stat is 11, but once the game tells you that a stat will not drop any more, you do not need to give it any more berries for that stat.

Forever Forum

Its Hell getting into Heaven
    Years
    Can anyone tell me how to catch a Ditto in Platinum? I hear East of Canalave, PokeRadar. Then Trophy Garden, PokeRadar.

What is the certain way to get Ditto?

Back