• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Does things like Mystery Gifts from Pokemon Battle Revolution allowed to go to Platinum or does it only go to Diamond and Pearl?
    • Can you get the level 50 presents from PBR at any point in those games?
    • Can you Wifi Mystery Gift?
    • Does Mystery Gifting with someone trade random items or we just give items or does an item just appear?
    • If Yes to #2 anyone wanna mystery gift with me?

1. They can go to Platinum too, I believe.
    2. You mean Electivire and Magmortar? Yes, as long as you know the secret passwords.
    3. Yes, but only with certain events. Previously, the only one was the Secret Key, but that was Pt exclusive and is now over.
    4. Mystery Gift does not work that way. You can only Mystery Gift with a friend if you have a Wonder Card that allows for it. The Secret Key is currently the only one to do so.

~Magnus~

Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    So what was #4? i thought Mystery Gift was like a free item you get once a day from friends...?

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    I remember the N64 one gave a random item every day is there no random item every day?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I remember the N64 one gave a random item every day is there no random item every day?

Could you elaborate more? Do you mean is there a place where you can get free items everyday in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Could someone tell me how to obtain contest backdrops in Pt?
    Do you still get them via loto prizes, or a different way?

The only way to get them is from the Loto area in Jubilife City; which is in the Jubilife TV Center. You do get a couple of backgrounds when you get your fashion case though.

Years
  • In Pokemon Stadium 2, if you had Pokemon Gold and Silver (and probably Crystal too) with Mystery gift unlocked in them and a transfer pak, you could receive a random gift ranging from berries to decorations once everyday. No such feature exists in D/P/Pt.

As for wallpapers, here are the special unlockable ones:
    Diamond and Pearl Generator
    Platinum Generator

Er, I was mistaken ;^^.

Last edited:

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Could you elaborate more? Do you mean is there a place where you can get free items everyday in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum?

Im asking if Mystery Gift works on PBR to DPP like Statinum 1 and 2 worked on RBYGSC

Years
  • In PBR, you can buy certain specific items including TMs, evolution inducing items, and berries. Each item costs a certain amount of Pokecoupons. After you buy an item, that will start a Mystery Gift transmission that will last for about 3 minutes. During the 3 minutes, you can download the item via Mystery Gift.

It does not work like it did in Pokemon Stadium 2.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Yeah i knew that but that doesnt answer my question thanks for your help you already answered me above lol thanks

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Does Pokemon Platinum work with Pokemon Ranch on the Wii?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Does Pokemon Platinum work with Pokemon Ranch on the Wii?

Pokemon Platinum does work with Pokemon Ranch on the Wii now. As Guxx1 said...I was beaten towards the answer for this question.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    Thank God xD 2 more questions haha

-Where is Hidden Power in Platinum??
    -How do you get Dialga and Palkia in Platinum? I got Dialga but idk how and how would i get Palkia?

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Thank God xD 2 more questions haha

-Where is Hidden Power in Platinum??
    -How do you get Dialga and Palkia in Platinum? I got Dialga but idk how and how would i get Palkia?

In Pokemon Platinum you get Hidden Power in Jubilife City.

As for getting Palkia, you get it by beating the Elite Four first. Then you visit Cynthia's grandmother and she'll show you a book. Then you have to find both the Lustrous Orb for Palkia and the Adamant Orb for Dialga. Those can be found in Mt. Coronet. Afterwords, go to the Distortion World where you will find Dialga. Next, you go to the Spear Pillar and both Dialga and Palkia will appear al lv. 70. I hope this helped.

~Magnus~

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    In Pokemon Platinum you get Hidden Power in Jubilife City.

As for getting Palkia, you get it by beating the Elite Four first. Then you visit Cynthia's grandmother and she'll show you a book. Then you have to find both the Lustrous Orb for Palkia and the Adamant Orb for Dialga. Those can be found in Mt. Coronet. Afterwords, go to the Distortion World where you will find Dialga. Next, you go to the Spear Pillar and both Dialga and Palkia will appear al lv. 70. I hope this helped.

Where in the city?
    I didn't get Palkia i got Dialga? Maybe its random or something...unless your character is female it could be gender...

-Can I use more than 1 Pokemon DS Game with Pokemon Ranch?
    -If Yes, Can I use Ranch as a midpoint to transfer pokemon from one game to the ranch then from the ranch to my other game as i don't have 2 DSs?

Back