• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

The Red Chain

Yeah, looks like you're gonna have to purchase a DS.
    Whenever you do just follow the steps above and you're all set. (b'u')b
    Alternatively, you can ask a friend of yours who plays Pokemon and has a DS to do the Pal Park deal for you.

As future reference you should probably research a product before purchasing it next time. XD;

but there must be a way to get pokemon from LF/FR to Platinum using a DSi.

Afraid not.. yet, anyway.
    The only way to get GBA Pokemon onto a 4th Gen game at the moment is through Pal Park, which you need a standard DS or DS Lite for.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I wondered, where exactly are all the plates?
    If possible showing it.

Copy and Paste job:

Draco Plate: Eterna City - Hidden behind the Dialga/Palkia statue.
    Dread Plate: Old Chateau - At the top of the stairs go through the door to the north. The Plate is in a Poké Ball in the left hand room.
    Earth Plate: Oreburgh Gate (the tunnel to the left of Oreburgh City) - Go north up the path, then follow around and take the stairs to the basement. Surf to the far left of the cave and use Strength to get to the Poké Ball.
    Fist Plate: Route 215 - In a Poké Ball near the left side of the route.
    Flame Plate: Stark Mountain - Hidden in the wall at the end of a path, on the left side of the big room.
    Icicle Plate: Route 217 - Inside house after showing the HM Rock Climb.
    Insect Plate: Eterna Forest - Hidden in the rock wall to the right of the Old Chateau.
    Iron Plate: Iron Island - Hidden in a depression in the far southeastern corner of the third floor.
    Meadow Plate: Route 210 - Hidden in the rock wall beneath a bridge, up the eastern-most waterfall.
    Mind Plate: Solaceon Ruins - On the seventh (last) floor.
    Sky Plate: Victory Road exit - Hidden outside the cave, near the southwestern Poké Ball statue.
    Splash Plate: Route 220
    Spooky Plate: Amity Square. In one of the houses/via warp point (DP/Pt)
    Stone Plate: Mt. Coronet - After going up the Rock Climb-able slope on the first peak, go to the nearer cave entrance. It is hidden in the rock in the room at the top of the waterfall.
    Toxic Plate: Great Marsh - Hidden in the northeast corner.
    Zap Plate: Sunyshore City - Hidden in front of the Lighthouse.

Try using your dowsing app near these locations (7) if you are still having trouble.

i got my member card for the locked hotel should i keep turning off my Ds cuz its not a good nature also whats a good nature for darkrai?

Still not using proper punctuation, eh?

If you want a good nature, then yes. A good one is Timid.

Years
  • Hi all i just got platinum 2 days ago and i still cant think of a team or moves for them can you guys give some suggestions, or just help picking a starter oh and if not to much trouble if u choose just to do the starter can you give a reason why, ty all

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I wouldn't use just the starter.

But Chimchar and Piplup are the best starters (in my opinion).
    Chimchar's evolution is like a faster Blaziken.
    Piplup's has tons of resistances

Sorry, if you already knew that, just i didn't know if you got D/P or not

Years
  • Locked Hotel

I wanted to know how you unlock the hotel that has a girl in front of it saying she lost her key (left it near the reception). Thanks.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wanted to know how you unlock the hotel that has a girl in front of it saying she lost her key (left it near the reception). Thanks.

Okay, to obtain the Suite Key, you have to go up to the Reception Area from Valor Lakefront but do not go in. After, you have to go to the left side of the Reception Area and walk up two times. Then just press A and you've got the Suite Key. Hope this helps...

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Quick question. *shot*

How do the Pokemon found in the Trophy Garden work? Do they change everyday like the ones in the Great Marsh or is it something else?

Dark Shaymin

Banned
    Years
  • Quick question:

I got a Shamin over Wi-Fi, and for it's location it says: ----. Anyone know where it really might have been caught? And if it's a hack, should I just realease it?

Years
  • Quick question. *shot*

How do the Pokemon found in the Trophy Garden work? Do they change everyday like the ones in the Great Marsh or is it something else?

After you beat the Elite Four (and Champion) and obtain the National dex, you talk to Mr. Backlot. He'll brag about how Pokemon X was in his garden today only to have his butler interrupt him and tell him that Pokemon X isn't in the garden. Then Mr. Backlot whispers a couple of things to his butler and the butler leaves. Afterwards, Pokemon X mysteriously appears in the garden.

That Pokemon and the Pokemon he put there the last time you talked to him will be the 2 special Pokemon in the garden. Does this make sense?

@Dark Shaymin: I suspect hacks, but I'm not 100% sure so...

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    In Pokemon Diamond do the Elite Four's levels increase after you beat them? If so how much? Please reply in a VM/PM ^^.

-regrets starting a new game on Diamond instead of Platinum-

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    In Pokemon Diamond do the Elite Four's levels increase after you beat them? If so how much? Please reply in a VM/PM ^^.

i dont have diamond i have platinum, but i think yes, only after you beat them a certain number of times

Years
  • EV question.

The poke I want to train is baby and too weak to fight. Tell me if the following scenario works the way I think it does.

Typholsion, who is already fully EV trained won't earn any new points. I give him the power item and he leads the party.
    Tyrogue, who is level 1 is infected with pokerus and holding the Exp Share. When Typhlo kills the bidoof, both get experience. Does Tyrogue still get 10 EV's?

or

Does Tyrogue need to be sent out first and then switched to get all his EV's?

Thanks.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure that the Tyrouge needs to be holding the power item if you want to get those 10 EVs. So, Tyrouge will need to be sent out first and switched out if it wants those 10 EVs.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • In Pokemon Diamond do the Elite Four's levels increase after you beat them? If so how much? Please reply in a VM/PM ^^.

No, not in Diamond, but in Platinum they level up ~30 Levels after you get the National Dex.
    Also, your rival levels up when you beat them a certain number of times.

Back