• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Depends on what kind of Charizard you are looking for

From Gamefaq.com:
    Charizard @Leftovers/Expert Belt
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    -Flare Blitz
    -Earthquake
    -Dragon Claw
    -Swords Dance/Dragon Dance

Boost your Attack up to sweep. Fire + Dragon hits every Pokemon for at least
    neutral damage except for Heatran, who is taken care of by Earthquake.

Charizard @Salac Berry
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Belly Drum
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

You can actually use Stealth Rock to your advantage. Make sure your HP is an
    odd number and switch in against something that can't hurt you (i.e. Ground
    attack). SR takes away 50%, Belly Drum takes away another half, and you'll
    still have 1 HP left to activate Salac. Very risky, but payoff is great.

Charizard @Salac Berry
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    -Belly Drum
    -Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw/Earthqauke
    -Substitute

This is a much safer alternative to the above set. Sub + Belly Drum bring your
    health down to the level where Salac can activate (make sure your HP is
    divisible by 4!). However, you lack the type coverage that the previous set
    gives you.

Charizard @Choice Specs
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty/Mild Nature
    -Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Overheat
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Focus Punch
    -Air Slash/Hidden Power [Grass/Electric]

Utilizes the higher of Charizard's offensive stats. Focus Punch hits Blissey,
    Air Slash can flinch, HP Grass takes care of Swampert, and HP Electric is
    for Gyarados.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    How much damage does Sandstorm do each turn?

I bet it's 1/16, isn't it? I have to ask! I want to be accurate and I don't want to just assume...

I need to know for a some PowerPoint sprite series I'm doin'. >_>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    You're absolutely right, 1/16 of a Pokémon's HP is the amount of damage caused by Sandstorm. However, there are a few Pokémon who may get recovery, speed boost, or evasion boost from a sandstorm rather than damage as well, Garchomp is one example.

Years
    Have a few questions.

First, could you rate my team and help me with which Pokemon are best to use and best fit with eachother. I'm new at the whole ratings, and my next playthrough will be more towards a competetive team route. This current team is just really for the game so I can get used to all the Pokemon but I figured I could get an idea of what's best to use by some advice.

Monferno (Male) lv.34; Sassy Nature
    Staravia (Female) lv.32; Mild Nature
    Luxray (Male) lv.32; Calm Nature
    Scyther (Male) lv.25; Naive Nature
    Graveler (Male) lv.28; Jolly Nature (Looking to evolve if I could get some Wi-Fi connection help)
    Kirlia (Female) lv.27; Bold Nature

So this is the basics...in my PC, I just caught a Wooper and a Tropius in the Safari (I just got 4th badge) so they are always accessible as well. Also I have Budew that I wanted to evolve but when I found Scyther, I just caught him and replaced her.

I can give you movesets, stats, etc. if needed to improve my team.

Also, could anyone help me connect to WiFi if I give you some details on my connection, etc?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    For your team, I'd suggest you get rid of graveler, as since you can't connect to wi-fi, you won't be able to evolve it. That I personally don't think rock/ground types are good, too many common weaknesses out there.
    Replace it with the wooper and train it up. Quagsire has good defense, and you'll need a surf pokemon after all, which he is good for. Also, hes great for the canalave gym, knowing water and ground moves that would do great in the gym.

My question:
    What flying type, staraptor or crobat?

Weird

Lazy Guy
    Years
    Staraptor is a better choice if you want a pokemon with solid stats.
    Crobat is the better choice if you want speed.
    I think you should use Staraptor, because it learns close combat

My Question: Which one is better: Drapion or Skuntank

Last edited:
    Years
    Edit to my team: I did fix my problem and Graveler is a Golem now but I do plan on evolving him and using him as my water Poke.

Also, how do I evolve my Scyther and for my next playthrough, I notice Natures of the Pokemon change alot, how do I know what natures fit which Pokemon and are the best for them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Bagon

If I got a male bagon with outrage from platinum and I bred it on diamond, would the baby still have the move outrage?

JuiceeHugS

Tournament
    Years
    Yep, pretty safe to assume that my question about ev berries will keep getting ignored and never answered. I want to thank the idiot moderator who moved my thread here. Nice one, well done.

Edit: Can't link back to previous post thanks to pokecommunity's 15 post requirement. So here's my quote:

Okay since some genius moderator decided to move my thread to this one where it is buried by other posts and easily forgotten, i guess i have to quote my original post.

Anyway, how many EVs are deducted when one of the ev reducing berries is used on a pokemon? i could have sworn i gave roselia 252 sp def evs, but i can only use 11 grepa berries on it (no effect after the 11th berry). i thought i would need to use 26 berries take away all sp def evs? (does each berry not take away 10 ev points anymore?) what's going on here??

An answer would be nice.

Years
    The first EV reducing berry brings the total EVs in that stat to 100 if it is above 110. So yeah, plus the other 10 berries that take away 10 each, you should be at zero.

Also, no need to diss the moderators for doing their job. Gosh. D:

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    I don't think so. Bulbapedia doesn't say that Outrage is available for Bagon in Diamond, so the breeding wouldn't matter. It can't learn it. I might be wrong, though. :/

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    In Platinum, yes. You can catch Regice at Level 30 in the Iceberg Ruins, accesible only after you catch the level 1 Regigigas.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    In Platinum, yes. You can catch Regice at Level 30 in the Iceberg Ruins, accesible only after you catch the level 1 Regigigas.

ok how do you get to the Iceberg Ruins and how do you make the Regice shiny

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You need the event Regigigas in your party. Once you have that, go to the part of Mt. Coronet which leads to Snowpoint City, and enter the small cave there.

To make it shiny, simply save in front of it and soft-reset until it's shiny. It's no different to any other legendary.

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    wheres the best place to train pokemon as far as leveling up goes?

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    The elite four is the best consistent damage. I like to train using the vs seeker on the way to stark mountain as well.

For leveling pokemon up to 50, the gyarados trainers to the west of Sunyshore are also pretty epic training.

Back