• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
  • 1. Moves Umbreon can learn are here.
    2. Entirely depends on what you want; a competitive Pokemon or ingame Pokemon.
    3. There's a Thunderstone behind the Lighthouse in Sunyshore. Also, digging in the Underground.
    4. IVs, also known as Individual values, are values that affect the stats of a Pokemon. They range from 0-31 and are determined the moment the Pokemon is obtained. They affect stats in this manner:
    Jigglypuff J has an HP IV of 0 and an HP stat of 357 at lv. 100.
    Jigglypuff P has an HP IV of 31 and an HP stat of 388 at lv. 100.

That's the simplest I can put it.

MarthVBA

FC:1033-2533-3925 [ Platinum ]
    Years
  • Level 100

is there an easy way to train pokemon to lv 100 other than day care and elite four..? i dunno if i should put this question here though...thanks for the help in advance

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Again, how do I make low smoothness Poffins? I can make Poffins at Level 32 but their smoothness will be 34 which I don't want. I want the smoothless to be low, like the Veilstone ones.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Umm, you know the name changer in Eterna City? Well, I wanted to change my name, but he always goes "That's an immpecable name" or something like that. Anyway, I can't change my Pokemon's name.... can I do anything about this, or is this a done deal?

(I have Pearl)

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    Umm, you know the name changer in Eterna City? Well, I wanted to change my name, but he always goes "That's an immpecable name" or something like that. Anyway, I can't change my Pokemon's name.... can I do anything about this, or is this a done deal?

(I have Pearl)

If it's a pokemon you got in a trade you can't name it. Otherwise you should be able to.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Again, how do I make low smoothness Poffins? I can make Poffins at Level 32 but their smoothness will be 34 which I don't want. I want the smoothless to be low, like the Veilstone ones.

I might just make a topic on this now 0_9

Years
  • The smoothness of a poffin is dependent on smoothness of a berry. The formula is (The average smoothness of the berries) - (number of cooks).

For example, the smoothness of berries 1-5 (Cheri - Aspear) is 25. If 3 friends and I use berries in that group to make poffins, then [(25 + 25 + 25 + 25) / 4] - (4) = 21 smooth.

If it was just by myself, then it would be [(25)/1] - (1) = 24 smooth.

Here is a list of berries and their smoothness:
    Spoiler:

Short and sweet version: You can only change it slightly by doing it with friends.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • The smoothness of a poffin is dependent on smoothness of a berry. The formula is (The average smoothness of the berries) - (number of cooks).

For example, the smoothness of berries 1-5 (Cheri - Aspear) is 25. If 3 friends and I use berries in that group to make poffins, then [(25 + 25 + 25 + 25) / 4] - (4) = 21 smooth.

If it was just by myself, then it would be [(25)/1] - (1) = 24 smooth.

Here is a list of berries and their smoothness:
    Spoiler:

Short and sweet version: You can only change it slightly by doing it with friends.

Thanks! Ah well, high level smoothness for me :|

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Anyone know how usefull the GTS is, besides leveling up trade requirement pokemon by yourself lol, as I've found its nearly impossible to actually get something you wan't from it since 95% of the pokemon on it are asking for "????" lvl 100, Or some Random Legendary, and these can be just basic pokemon too >_>, and had no items.
    I had to go over like 75 pokemon before I could find any random trade that was actually possible lol to get my Alakazam.

Also, Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the "Special" requirement Evolutions? As in not "get to x Lvl" kind of jobs.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Anyone know how usefull the GTS is, besides leveling up trade requirement pokemon by yourself lol, as I've found its nearly impossible to actually get something you wan't from it since 95% of the pokemon on it are asking for "????" lvl 100, Or some Random Legendary, and these can be just basic pokemon too >_>, and had no items.
    I had to go over like 75 pokemon before I could find any random trade that was actually possible lol to get my Alakazam.

Also, Does anyone know where I can find a list of all the "Special" requirement Evolutions? As in not "get to x Lvl" kind of jobs.

The GTS basically turns everyone down. ;_; Some of the pokémon turn out to be hacked too, so I wouldn't really trust it so much.

If you are referring to pokémon that require items to evolve, there are a multiple amount. A great website to see what requires what in evolution is by searching pokémon in this pokédex provided; should help on telling you what is needed to evolve a certain pokémon.

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Yeah Items/Special area/Trading with certain items etc, But I'm looking for a chart that shows em, and a printable one at that. I'm just glad you only have to see every pokemon to unlock national, and not HAVE all lol, Can't wait till I can migrate my pokemon from Fire/Leaf/Ruby/Sapphire/etc.

theschmizz393

Cleffas will rule!
    Years
  • I posted this before, but I'm pretty sure this is a better thread for it. So here goes.

When I want to upload a vid to the GTS, I get the message, "There appears to be a problem with your Pokemon. Data was not sent."

I know its because I use Pokesav, but I have legal hacks (510 EVs, legit moves, etc). I would like to know if there's anything I can do to get around this, such as changing any settings in Pokesav. Maybe it has to do with my secret ID? I kinda put random numbers in for that...lol.

Thanks!

Back