• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    How do EVs and IVs work..?

Serebii will be your best friend. ;)
    EVs
    IVs

The two links above tell you about EV's and IV's and how they work. If you have any further questions about it, visit the DPPt FAQ and see if you can find where they talk about the two. Happy Training!

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
  • Not sure to post this here or not, I was told to on another message board.. Anyways..

I'm wanting to Raise a Ponyta/Rapidash to use in Shinnoh's super beauty contest. I have a Quiet natured Ponyta who loves dry foods, but im not sure what move set I should give him.. Any suggestions?

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
  • what is an IV battle for?
    Also, how do i obtain high IV, Does it work if i just have 2 high IV parents and breed them? with patience of course ;)

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Can anyone explain how I could do lets say the monotype challenge, and get the pokemon I want with only one ds? :/, Like if I wanted pokemon that you can't obtain early in the game, would it be possible to trade from here, and trade with what I have on my current save, and then I clear my save file, and then they trade me the pokemon I want? o_O Like they give fillers for my stuff, I remake, then I give fillers for the ones I want? Is that possible? :/

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    I know this is probably a dumb question but where would a Shedinja learn Swords Dance?

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Hey, I have a question. Ok, so my friend last week said he needed to borrow my Platinum for trading purposes. Guess what he does? HE GETS AN ACTION REPLAY AND SETS ALL THE ITEMS TO 999!!! I AM PISSED OFF AT HIM!

Now, can anyone tell me how to delete these items? THANKS in advance. D:

andersennavy

Born to be the very best
    Years
  • why would you toss it if you have 999 items of stuff. Sounds like a very generous gift to me =) But yeah just toss them if you dont want them

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I know this is probably a dumb question but where would a Shedinja learn Swords Dance?

Prevent Nincada from evolving until level 25. At level 25, immediately after it evolves into Ninjask, it will learn Swords Dance. As Shedinja is created after it finishes evolving (including learning moves) with the same moves as the Ninjask, the new Shedinja will also know Swords Dance.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
  • Hello, I don't know if I asked this question before, but here it goes.

I'm training a Larvitar to a Tyrnaitar with Adamant Nature. Now I know 4 EVs = 1 point in stats. What I don't get is this.

EV: 76 hp/ 252 attack/ 180 speed

does this mean I need those numbers in EV points (ie the 4 up to 76) or the point in stats? (ie 1 to 76?)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Can Umbreon relearn Baton Pass via Move Tutor? Cause my friend traded me a SHINY!Umbreon and I want it to have the Trap Passer set. -hopes and prays-

If not, then what can I replace Baton Pass with? :/

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • After taking a quick check at Serebii, no, it won't learn/relearn Baton pass by any move tutor in any game at all D:

It could have been taught it when still an Eevee, obviously, but it won't be able to learn it now.

Sorry, but you'll have to find another move XP (No idea which one tho... I stink at movesets D:)

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • why would you toss it if you have 999 items of stuff. Sounds like a very generous gift to me =) But yeah just toss them if you dont want them

The game gets boring after a while. D:

Oh, by the way, should I start a new game? Maybe after I trade my LEGIT Pokemon to HeartGold? (When I get the National Dex, DUH!)

Last edited:
    Back