• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    Catching a Nidoran (M)

Hey all,

I'm using Pokemon Platinum, I have the National Pokedex, and the Pokeradar.
    I go to route 201 and enter the larger of the three patches of grass to search for a male Nidoran, but no matter how long I search using the pokeradar I can only find female Nidorans. I must have encountered over 100 (not exaggerating) Nidoran (F) and not a single Nidoran (M). Also, I'm not chaining Nidoran (F).

Can you only find Nidoran (F) in Platinum and only Nidoran (M) in Pearl?
    Is there some kind of trick with the party pokemon?
    Do you have to search one of the other grass patches in order to find Nidoran (M)?
    Do you have to search within a specific time period?
    Is it better to look for male Nidorans during a swarm in route 201?

I feel like I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for your help.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    How to transfer pokemon D/P/Pt save game from a flash cart to the actual game cartridge?

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Dragonair10@

Umm do you mean for damage? For damage, Flash Cannon would be better for damage since it benefits from STAB (80:2=40. 80+40=120. 120 becomes Flash Cannon's total power.) Dragon Pulse is better for coverage though, since only one type resists it, but i'd say go with Flash Cannon.

You could also use both Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse if you want.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    mum here-not very clued up on if i'm writing in the right place, but here goes,

my son's friend took his ar and used it in pokemon platinum and now has a question mark which hatched from an egg-he is saying his game is ruined and is really mad-is there any way of removing this question mark/egg thing, if there is please say in an idiots way as I don't have a clue!!!
    many thanks w.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    I am pretty sure giving codes is against the rules but if you can move it to your party do so then place it in the first slot then put in any of the codes that replaces the first pokemon in your party that should take care of it

If you need one of the aforementioned codes PM me

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I am pretty sure giving codes is against the rules but if you can move it to your party do so then place it in the first slot then put in any of the codes that replaces the first pokemon in your party that should take care of it

If you need one of the aforementioned codes PM me
    think I have pm'd you, although it's not in my sent messages????
    thanks.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    @An-san Rebelleon:
    I thought using Metronome on your own Smeargle would work.. Or does Smeargle Sketch the new move regardless? :/

Ummm from your old thread?

ALSO IMPORTANT: Remember TAUNT, ENCORE. Why? Keep reading.
    They can help with SKETCH-ing such moves as COUNTER, MIRROR COAT,
    METRONOME, METAL BURST. Smeargle can also SKETCH a move the
    partner used the turn before. I don't know the factors about that though.

Hmm, consider this chat or Bulbapedia...

Bulbapedia said:
    It can be used to copy "calling" moves, such as Metronome, if the move fails to activate due to effects such as Sleep. This did not work in Generation II.

@ILoveDragonite:
    What game? Here is a guide for Platinum:

...When you defeat them, Riley will hand over an egg (it ends up being a Riolu Egg!) and then heads off, leaving you on your own from here on out. Once ready, use the elevator to reach an area below (again, it's located at the south end of the room), and use the door on your left to reach the final room of this cave. Go up the elevator and head down the stairs on your left. Loop around rightward to grab the Shiny Stone sitting there, and then head left and back outside. From here, you can use Fly or take the ship back to Canalave City.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Response

mum here-not very clued up on if i'm writing in the right place, but here goes,

my son's friend took his ar and used it in pokemon platinum and now has a question mark which hatched from an egg-he is saying his game is ruined and is really mad-is there any way of removing this question mark/egg thing, if there is please say in an idiots way as I don't have a clue!!!
    many thanks w.
    That question mark is Missingno, which is a very rare & popular glictch Pokemon that can be powered up with infinite rare candies. His game is not ruined. But if you'd like to delete it, then deposit it into a Poke Box & Release it like any other Pokemon.

P.S. Don't open the Pokemon Status/Summary page! If you do that, then the game will be permanently ruined & he'll have to start over in order to fix it.

Years
    Help Please

I want to use my WFC on Diamond but I can't because my router is WPA and I need WEP.
    I searched everywhere but couldn't find any answers to change WPA to WEP on Mac and I know you can convert. Really annoying. Can somebody please help.

What ball should I use for Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit.
    I can't use a Masterball.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    According to Nintendo's customer service page, the router issue is probably specific to your specific router brand and model. I would look in the manual or your router's customer service web site.

The battles for Azelf and Uxie are in caves, so Dusk Balls will work the best. Mesprit is a roaming Pokemon and flees upon sight. If you can't trap it with Mean Look, you could always try a Quick Ball first. If you can trap it, use Ultra Balls if during the day and Dusk Balls at night. That's how I caught it.

yaya0

は真優勝
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2015
    This seems to be a common problem: Pal Park doesn't work.

Years
    This seems to be a common problem: Pal Park doesn't work.
    Have you gone to the menu (i.e. the place where it asks if you want to load a saved game or start a new game) to transfer 6 Pokemon from your box? If not, then that's a required step for Pal Park to open. Otherwise, you can only transfer once a day in these games.

Jamie88

4th Generation Newb :)
    Years
    With regards to the Honey Trees in Diamond/Pearl (I'm playing Pearl if that makes any difference), are there any trees that are better than others in throwing up Munchlax ? Or is it just a 'luck of the draw' kind of thing ?
    Also, is there any minimum or maximum limit of Honeys to use on said tree ?

Spanking you :)

Back