• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • ^ do you mean a game card like a legit copy of the game that you bought legally or a flash cart that you downloaded an Illegal rom and put it on there?

If it is the first one you'll have to start over if it is the second you will probably have to start over too not sure though don't know much about flash carts or cards or whatever they're called seen it both ways

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Have an IV battle (Wi-Fi level 100 battle, record the Pokémon's stats) and use an IV calcuator.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2010
    ^ do you mean a game card like a legit copy of the game that you bought legally or a flash cart that you downloaded an Illegal rom and put it on there?

If it is the first one you'll have to start over if it is the second you will probably have to start over too not sure though don't know much about flash carts or cards or whatever they're called seen it both ways
    Idk because it came from tenerife from a friend.. But when the card is in and im at the DS menu it says "DS fireline" with a goomba next to it.

XandY

PC's #1 Coldplay Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    What's the fastest way to earn money in Pokemon Platinum? I know about the guy with the Luxray east of Sunnyshore City, but is there any better way? Thanks.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • The Gentleman and Socialite on Route 212 give a hefty amount of cash for easy battles.
    This is how I've learned to make cash. Amulet Coin + Vs. Seeker = 24,400 bones per battle. The guy has a Chatot, the woman has a Roselia, and they use potions.

XandY

PC's #1 Coldplay Fan!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2010
    This is how I've learned to make cash. Amulet Coin + Vs. Seeker = 24,400 bones per battle. The guy has a Chatot, the woman has a Roselia, and they use potions.

Thanks for your help, as well as jigglyppuff8! With this strategy, I can easily make 100,000 within 5 minutes :).

juanhbk1

Somewhere in the Middle?
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2016
    Ok I need to know if Roserade is hacked

It's Hp 324 Atck 215 Def 209 SpAtck 383 SpDef 309 Speed 279

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    What is chaining?

What is chaining? I have seen it talked about but never found an explanation. I have also played Pearl the whole way through, but never encountered it.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • What is chaining? I have seen it talked about but never found an explanation. I have also played Pearl the whole way through, but never encountered it.
    The simplest explanation is that chaining is when you use the Poké Radar to purposely run into the same species of Pokémon about 40 times. Doing so makes the chances that you run into a shiny go way up. There's a guide here for Pearl and a really good illustrated one by Froggy as well as countless videos on YouTube.

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
    Years
  • I have a crush on shookie, is that okay??
    No, I keed.
    My questions are,
    What are the easiest SWARM Pokemon to Chain?
    What are the easiest NON SWARM Pokemon to train?
    What SWARM Pokemon is the easiest to chain with Static/Magnet Pull?
    What NON SWARM Pokemon is easiest to chain with Static/Magnet Pull?
    Thanks in advance.
    :)

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • What are the easiest SWARM Pokemon to Chain?
    Thanks in advance.
    What version? Most of this is DP, but check Bulbapedia:

1. My first shiny swarm success was Corsola
    2. Bidoof, Shinx, Starly, or imo Ponyta (DP Day Southern Route 210 only = 50% encounter rate)
    3. Electrike (note Elekid/Pachirisu), Magnemite (note Aron), Voltorb, Nosepass all have 70% encounter rate with proper ability
    4. Pichu (morning Trophy Garden = 40% encounter rate with proper ability)

Static/Magnet Pull boosts encounter rate by 30%, last time I checked. However, Bulbapedia claims that Magnet Pull increases Steel encounters by 150% when the ability leads the party. 60% versus 70%, meh. Still good to use.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I have a crush on shookie, is that okay??
    Oh my. ;o
    No, I keed.
    My questions are,
    What are the easiest SWARM Pokemon to Chain?
    Thanks in advance.
    - Any swarms are easy to chain. I'd say the hardest would be Beldum (hard to capture, not chain) and any that are in areas with bad weather (Delibird, Spinda).
    - Pokémon by the beginning areas are the easiest to start chaining with, like Shinx, Starly, Bidoof, etc.
    - Voltorb and Electrike are both Electric, for Static, and Beldum is the only Steel-type swarmer, for Magnet Pull.
    - I'd say Shinx is the easiest for Static, but the Trophy Garden is good for Pichu/Pikachu, and Valley Windworks is good for Mareep, Pachirisu, and so on. For Magnet Pull, Aron is right outside Fuego Ironworks, but it's a Poké Radar exclusive Pokémon so you might want to practice first before starting there. There's also Skarmory (low percentage and annoying to catch) and Magnemite/Magneton. For both of them, Route 222 has Electabuzz (Static), Luxio (Static) and Magnemite/Magneton (Static and Magnet Pull) as well as Flaaffy (Poké Radar only).

I'm going off of Platinum information, so some of the appearance info might be off for Diamond or Pearl.

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Ok can someone examine this Gengar and tell me if it's hacked or not please, it used to be a Haunter then evolve to Gengar after trade:

Gengar - lv19

Naive nature
    Jun. 1, 2010
    Faraway place (cuz i got it from a trade)
    Apparently met at lv19
    Good endurance
    Likes sweet food

Mean look - curse - night shade - confuse ray

HP 53
    Atk 30
    Def 33
    S.Atk 57
    S.Def 32
    Spd 50

Ability: Levitate

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • From what I can tell, assuming the person who gave it to you got it from HG/SS, it's legit.

If I use Light Screen while holding Light Clay, and then switch pokemon, does it still last 8 turns?
    Yep, it lasts even if switched out.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • You can't encounter a level 19 Haunter in the wild in DPPt. It's either level 16 or 44-66. In HG/SS you can encounter level 19 Haunters at night.

Back