• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    today I started looking in to RNG breeding, and while I understand the guide at smogon, I have a dilemma. It requires I catch a pokemon lvl 50 or higher to calibrate, but where im at in the game...i cant catch one that high XD

I dont have rare candies nor do i have access to checking it's IV's thru wifi battle. is there another way to calibrate RNG reporter? or do I just need to get further in the game?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • If you have an AR you can use any level Pokémon because you can easily check the IVs without the aid of an IV calculator.

RNG Reporter can't use the stats of a Pokémon under level 50, however. Without an AR or a lot of rare candies you'll need to get further in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2010
    If you have an AR you can use any level Pokémon because you can easily check the IVs without the aid of an IV calculator.

RNG Reporter can't use the stats of a Pokémon under level 50, however. Without an AR or a lot of rare candies you'll need to get further in the game.

I thought as much, just thought id ask haha

thanks for the quick response :)

shot571

Whats the difference between avoiding an attack and it missing?
    I had my Grotle use razor leaf but a few times it said machop avoided it. I was always the first to attack.

Years
  • Avoiding means that the other Pokemon dodged = because of their evasion
    Missing means that the your attack just missed = because of your accuracy

It's all the same thing, so it's best not to think too much of it.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Uuhh, it depends on a loooooooot of things, like: have you EV trained before? Does it have PokeRus? What item are you using? Is it freshly hatched/caught or have you had it for a while? What stats are you trying to train? What hotspots do you have access to? Does this include the time it takes to add vitamins or use the reduction berries? etc. etc.

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • It still entirely depends on the person. It can take some people 15-20 minutes to fully train a Pokémon, while it takes others a lot longer. If I can focus it takes me maybe half an hour to fully train a Pokémon. Unfocused it takes me 1-2 hours.

With the +100 from vitamins and by fainting Pokémon that give 2 EVs of the stat you're maxing out (putting 252 EVs in), you're looking at 76 Pokémon to faint. That's also without any of the Power Items or Macho Brace. Using the Vs. Seeker will take an extra amount of time because you need to recharge its battery between every battle, and there are chances that it won't activate a rematch.
    With that 76 you'll almost definitely have to visit a Pokécenter at least once if you're depending on the trainee to faint alone. You can use other Pokémon in battle for the full EV benefit but that same Pokémon has to be in the lead spot for it to work, or you can use the Exp. Share.

So really it's all up to how long you think it will take for you to faint 76 Pokémon if you're in a spot where you're guaranteed to get Pokémon that give 2 EVs in whatever stat you're training, and that depends on what stat you're training in the first place.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    hey do i have to go anywhere for the jirachi event?
    or is it simply over wifi in general?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    It'll be distributed over plain ol' WiFi just like the PCP and Pokéwalker routes.

so basically i just turn on the DS enter mystry gift,search over WFC
    and voila instant lv5 jirachi?

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    Shinx evolution...

...Stopped? Why? I've checked to see if the shinx was holding anything, alas I got the message that he was not. So what I want to know is why at level 15 did my shinx stop evolving?

For my story so far it's been from route 202 to orebough mines and trained it to 15 there on geodudes, no tms/hms have been used and no moves have ever been forgotten. So again why would shinx stop evolving?

I searched the forum already for an answer and didn't get one so I'd like one promptly if possible. Thanks.

Edit : Also now that my shinx is lvl 15 will it ever evolve into her second form?

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • As in, it was in the process of evolving and it stopped? The only way it stops is if you press B during the evolution animation. After level 15, every time it levels it should try to evolve. If it doesn't, then there could be something wrong with your actual game.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • eggs catch pokerus not a glitch or anything bad its normal

okay My turn what is the fastest way to earn Bp in Platinum if that matters

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Single, Open Level Battle Factory - every 7 wins is 5 BP.

If you want to use your own Pokémon, use the Battle Tower. Every streak (7 wins) is 3 BP, and every 3 streaks you'll face Palmer. Beat him and you get 20 BP, then retire and repeat.

Back