• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • EV Training question:

I've just read a great EV training guide and I'm all set for my first EV training journey.

Just one question, how do I know what EVs are best for my pokemon?
    I'm going to start my EV training with a Lv24 Japanese Milotic. What EVs should I put into her? Should I spread them to SP Attack, SP Defense, and Defense? It has a relaxed nature so its speed will be killed and its defense will increase more.

Is there a list of pokemon with the proper EVs for them?
    I've heard that I should use the EVs that I want to use but I want the best for my first EV trained pokemon.

Well are you going competitive? If so, I suggest going to Smogon.com

They have Ev spread for nearly every Pokemon there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Well are you going competitive? If so, I suggest going to Smogon.com

They have Ev spread for nearly every Pokemon there.

Yes, I'm planning on going competitive. I'm also planning on IV breeding so the EV trained pokemon is neccessary. Thanks for the site.

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • I recently transfered my Manaphy egg from Pkmn Ranger to Pkmn Platinum, I had a full party so the egg did not register it into my party and I checked my box and the only egg I had in there is a Machop egg I breed. Now I haven't checked ranger again to see if the egg is still there, which I will check and edit this as soon as I check.

Thanks in advance.

~rockeymon

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I recently transfered my Manaphy egg from Pkmn Ranger to Pkmn Platinum, I had a full party so the egg did not register it into my party and I checked my box and the only egg I had in there is a Machop egg I breed. Now I haven't checked ranger again to see if the egg is still there, which I will check and edit this as soon as I check.

Thanks in advance.

~rockeymon

You have to go to the Pokemart and get the egg from the man in the green clothes. Just make sure you have an extra space in your party.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Anyone know how to spread pokerus.I forget how to its been a while but i got a few pokemon with it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I believe last time I spread Pokerus, it having a Pokemon within my party and just battling in general, so the pokerus spreaded to the pokemon next to the slot it is in. Then when you keep it in your PC it stays and if you wish to spread it again add it back to the party. Just don't leave it outside the PC overnight if you still intend to spread again.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • "The infection will spread if the infected Pokémon is in the main party after a battle. An uninfected Pokémon must be next to a Pokémon infected with Pokérus in the main party for the virus to spread. If Pokémon that have already been infected and cured from Pokérus are in the main party and are on either side of a Pokémon currently with the disease, Pokérus will not spread after any amount of battles."
    This is a quote directly from Bulbapedia. So the pokemon battle must be the one with pokerus and the one with that is affected is the one in the next slot.

Years
  • I read this in the faq:
    I have the national dex and I'm the league champion, I've come to spear pillar and there's nothing here. Am I missing something?
    1.beat the elite four
    2. get national dex
    3. go up to mt coronet. dont go all the way though
    4.once you use rock climb on the fourth or fifth floor cant remember. go through this hole to your right you cant miss it.
    5.go in a cave and keep going and use waterfall.
    6. once you use waterfall go through a hole thats in front of you.
    7. get the adamant and lustrous orb in there
    8. once you you get it go to spear pillar.
    9. there should be a blue or pink diamond shaped portal.
    10. click on it and it should say its dialga or palkia would you like to challenge it
    11. say yes.
    12. once you catch one of them go back in mt. coronet.
    13. then go back to spear pillar and another one should be there
    14.catch it and then your done

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • 1.beat the elite four Done
    2. get national dex Done
    3. go up to mt coronet. dont go all the way though Done
    4.once you use rock climb on the fourth or fifth floor cant remember. go through this hole to your right you cant miss it. Done
    5.go in a cave and keep going and use waterfall. Done
    6. once you use waterfall go through a hole thats in front of you. Done
    7. get the adamant and lustrous orb in there Done
    8. once you you get it go to spear pillar. Done
    9. there should be a blue or pink diamond shaped portal. No Portals
    10. click on it and it should say its dialga or palkia would you like to challenge it
    11. say yes.
    12. once you catch one of them go back in mt. coronet.
    13. then go back to spear pillar and another one should be there
    14.catch it and then your done
    I followed the instructions to the letter and no portals, I have the two orbs though

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Once you receive the national dex, go talk to Cynthia's grandmother, she'll tell you about them. Once you've done that scoot back up to Mt. Coronet and the portals should be their :]

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    Ok. Before I start my EV Training, I have a question.

After earning 510 EVs in the stats I want, where should I level my EV trained pokemon?

Im not swimming in rare candies nor do I have enough BP to purchase at least 1.

Any ideas? Im EV training Gliscor and he's almost done and is at lv 24. Where should I train? For any pokemon in general. I have EXP Share but no Lucky Egg. I tried to get 1 but all of my caught Chansey doesn't have it. Any ideas?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The E4 is generally a pretty good place - can be repetitive after a while but they tend to have the highest levels to take advantage of. If you're playing Platinum there's also the gym leader/etc rematch place on the Battle island and all which is daily, as well as your rival there who'll have the strongest team in the game and can be battled on weekends iirc.

RAWR ^_^

Feels So Retrosexual ^_^
    Years
  • Quick question, how long is your SID meant to be in Pokémon Platinum? Because mine is only 4 numbers long and most seem to be 5?

Any help appreciated, I'm attempting to RNG even if it does sap the fun from breeding for one, I really want a Shiny Caterpie & Mime. Jr.

spiderpigryan

poketrainer
    Years
  • pokemon moves

I have been wondering but do you wait to evolve your pokemon because if you evolve your pokemon they are some moves you cant learn but do you wait to evolve your pokemon like with monferno if you keep it as a monferno up to lv 46 you learn the move slack of but if you evolve from monferno to infername at lv 36 infernape does not learn slack off but do you wait to evolve you pokemon and if you do what pokemon and why

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • After RNGing myself a Timid shiny Feebas, I am now wondering what is the fastest/easiest way to evolve it. Should I try to make beauty enhancing Poffins, or should I trade it over to Heart Gold and use the massages/haircuts?
    One more thing: I've never made poffins before so I don't know how easy it is to do...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Massages and haircuts won't help it evolve. It needs a very high beauty stat in order to evolve, so I have no idea how it evolves in HG/SS. If you have Plat, you could buy good dry poffins and feed it to Milotic. Otherwise, you'll have to make your own.

Back