• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

TheUnown

Super Lurker
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Even though you should probably hold out to Black and White you should probably buy Platinum as it is the most recent. Platinum has more Pokemon in the regional Pokedex and has more features. You can also catch Palkia, Dialga and Giratina in Platinum. You can also catch the 3 legendary birds.

Yeah I'm definitely going to get Black, but I think I kind of want to experience the Sinnoh region, which is why I'm considering getting it.

Thanks, I'm starting to lean towards Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    I REALLY NEED HELP!!! SOMEONE PLZ PLZ PLZ HELP ME!!!!!!!

I know to get into Sunyshore city I need to defeat Dialga. To defeat Dialga I need to get to the to the top of Mt. Coronet. To get to the the top of Mt. Coronet I need to get pass some ancient painting. To get pass the painting I have to beat cyrus. To defeat cyrus I must get the storage/ special key from some grunt who runs away in front of Team Galactic building in veilstone. Some of the site I've visited before this says the grunt is in front of the building and runs away when you talk to him. But every time I go there I don't see any grunt! I'm so frustrated and last time I tried I nearly cried because I couldn't figure it out! Someone please help me!!!

Years
  • I've decide to play this game and get it over with and find out what happen to team galactica. Right now I'm at the veilstone gym leader and she has a lucario at level 30 male. I'm having a hard time defeating her my starters are:

Level 27 staravia
    level 28 Monferno
    level 29 Luxio
    level 26 slow poke (trade from my hg game)

This all I use right now. What level should I train my staravia and slowpoke to that can beat lucario. Right now I don't care about the ev train. I just use these pokemon to finished my game. Where can I train my slowpoke and starvai?

treecko0

Carpe Diem
    Years
  • I would suggest training monferno possibly evolving it...it helped me alot whit lucario the second run (i took it out with garchomp the first run) but yeah a good stong fire move can take it out

Years
  • I would suggest training monferno possibly evolving it...it helped me alot whit lucario the second run (i took it out with garchomp the first run) but yeah a good stong fire move can take it out

I finally did it after a few tries. My monferno wins the match on level 28. First I was using my slowpoke. Then I use thunder wave to paralyze him. Next I use confusion a few times and get him confuse and he hurt himself. Then when he got down to yellow health I use monferno's maha punch and finished him off. I was glad I thought of that. Right now I'm at the warehouse and I couldn't seem to find the key anywhere. Does anyone know where I could find it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Do I need to evolve Feebas in DPPt or can I evolve it in HGSS? Since HGSS doesn't measure beauty, and my sister wants a Milotic so idek. :(

Years
  • Hi, I've a question regarding EV training in Diamond. Where is a good place to EV train Attack in Diamond for low-leveled Pokemon. I'm training my Torchic who is now at level 9. Thanks in advance. :)

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Do I need to evolve Feebas in DPPt or can I evolve it in HGSS? Since HGSS doesn't measure beauty, and my sister wants a Milotic so idek. :(

You can evolve it in HGSS by getting Feebas something like 8 massages from Daisy to reach maximum beauty.

Giving Feebas a haircut from one of the haircut brothers will also raise its beauty stat as well.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    i could not find any grunts!!! im not sure why this is happening!!! all i know that as soon as i get pokemon black or white im not playing diamond anymore!!

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Okay, I'm trying my best to understand you. You're saying you can't get into the Veilstone Galactic Hideout? IIRC, the grunt is first located in the Warehouse in the northwest corner of town. After that, he'll run to the large hideout, at which point he'll leave if you go up to him while leaving behind the key in a PokeBall.

Years
  • Okay, I'm trying my best to understand you. You're saying you can't get into the Veilstone Galactic Hideout? IIRC, the grunt is first located in the Warehouse in the northwest corner of town. After that, he'll run to the large hideout, at which point he'll leave if you go up to him while leaving behind the key in a PokeBall.

Oh. I see. So I have to get to pastoria city first and beat the grunt their first. I'm about to run out of place to train for the elite 4 on my team. How do I use the vs seeker to train the trainers over and over again. Right now my team isn't ready for the e4.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Oh. I see. So I have to get to pastoria city first and beat the grunt their first. I'm about to run out of place to train for the elite 4 on my team. How do I use the vs seeker to train the trainers over and over again. Right now my team isn't ready for the e4.
    The Vs. Seeker is a Key Item. When you're within range of the trainers you want to battle, use it (press Y if you already have it registered). However, you can't use it again unless you walk/run 100 steps.

Years
  • Hi, I've a question regarding EV training in Diamond. Where is a good place to EV train Attack in Diamond for low-leveled Pokemon. I'm training my Torchic who is now at level 11. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

katmanic

PokéManiac
    Years
  • I was going to trade some pokémon, but after reading a lot on this forum, I'm starting to believe I shouldn't - I got them from a friend who created them on his game via action replay, they're legitimate pokémon, I checked out the stats, movesets, IVS/EVS and such, they were just caught with action replay. I'm unsure as to how this should work, should I release them?

Woobat

Koromori
    Years
  • I was going to trade some pokémon, but after reading a lot on this forum, I'm starting to believe I shouldn't - I got them from a friend who created them on his game via action replay, they're legitimate pokémon, I checked out the stats, movesets, IVS/EVS and such, they were just caught with action replay. I'm unsure as to how this should work, should I release them?

It sounds like they were caught using a Wild Pokemon Modifier or a Pokesav code. In this case, they are considered illegitimate here and should not be traded.

For more information, check out rules thread in the trade corner. Sorry I can't post a link, I just made this alt and don't have 15 posts yet ;)

Back