• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question and Answer Thread / Breeding Questions

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Hey ppl not sure if this is the right place to ask this but here goes

Prob a stupid question but im goind to ev train for the first time. Iv read a few guides n understand what i need to do but i just want to double check that if the poke then im ev training isnt in the battle but has a exp share on that poke does not receive points? I wouldnt think it would but just want to double check

Thanks
    Actually Pokes with the EXP Share do get EV points iirc. (And say if you're battling something that gives off one both the battling and exp share poke get 1 EV for that stat each).

I'm soft resseting for a shiny Chimchar
    Will it appear shiny in the picture when you click on the pokeball or do you actually have to go into battle first?
    No, they do not appear as shiny in the picture in D/P/Pt- only in HGSS and maybe B/W, but the latter I am unsure about. So you'll have to check the status screen/go into battle first.

DarkraiDaviz

Darkrai Master
    Years
  • two questions
    1. Does the masuda method work for breeding shinies in B/W?
    2. Can you Soft reset for shiny darmanitan with daruma mode ability in the desert place where they look like statues?

THANKS!!

Snoveria

Consoler of the Lonely
    Years
  • Nuzleaf and Training Question

When is the right time to evolve my nuzleaf?

Where can I find any Fighting Poison Pokemon, If any?

Last edited:

iamdragon

The slave becomes the master
    Years
  • Hey guys another ev training question

I hav just finished ev training a shroomish with pokerus with a exp share. I have tallied my ev's so i knew it was right. I then went and got my effort ribbon to confirm it was fully ev trained.

However i have been doing abit more research on ev training (as this is the first time i have tried ev training) and have found that by using exp share you negate the effects or pokerus. If this is tru, how would i have got my effort ribbon?

Hey guys another ev training question

I hav just finished ev training a shroomish with pokerus with a exp share. I have tallied my ev's so i knew it was right. I then went and got my effort ribbon to confirm it was fully ev trained.

However i have been doing abit more research on ev training (as this is the first time i have tried ev training) and have found that by using exp share you negate the effects or pokerus. If this is tru, how would i have got my effort ribbon?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    How do you catch an Adamant Magikarp? (Iv'e caught 112)

I've caught 112 Magikarp in the Villa/Resort area and none of them are Adamant...

Should I keep catching them or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I'm playing Platinum.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • For your Nuzleaf, you can wait till level 49 for it to learn Extrasensory, or just evolve it right away with a Leaf Stone if you want. You won't miss much.

Croagunk is catchable in the Great Marsh (Safari Zone) in Pastoria City.

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
    Years
  • Secret club at resort area?

How do you get inside the secret club at the resort area? do you need a certain number of ribbons????

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    Looking for a Zorua

hey im new here and am looking for a zorua i really don't have much to offer, but i don't care what level it is or anything. So if you could be nice i can see if i have what you want. (have no shines or level 100s)

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    YES please cause Im really picky on my pokemon and i dont like the gained boosted thingy and if its male that would be awesome

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    yes that would be great if its no bother and i also started a new game in my white so a lv:38 wouldn't obey me anyway

Back