• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordk

Chief Harpoonist
Years
How do I reply to a visitor message on my profile? More specifically, do I reply on my profile or theirs?

Years
How do I reply to a visitor message on my profile? More specifically, do I reply on my profile or theirs?

Just go to the person's profile who left you the visit message and reply there. (= They'll get a notification if you leave a message on their profile. If you were to reply on your own profile, they wouldn't be notified.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023

^

You can also click 'view conversation' to see all VMs between you and that person, the reply box on that page will post a VM to their profile. :)

Years
I searched and could not find an answer... are there any benefits to donating? If so, what are they?

There are a fair share of benefits that come with supportership, they can be read in this thread.

The perks of being a supporter range from stuff like ability to use blogs, access secret forums that normal members otherwise couldn't, 150x150 avatars, bigger profile pics and also having more profile customization options, such as adding background images. The higher the supporter tier aka the more money you donate, the more perks become available to you.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Is it possible to "undo" a private message that I sent before the person receiving sees it?
As far as I remember it's not possible. Or I don't know if there's even a way this is possible. You'd be better off asking an admin imo seeing as I'm not 100% sure.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
how do i make a link embed into text?
I see people say things like "go here" and it will be a clickable link, and i'd like to be able to do that. Thanks for the help!

Years
Are you using the WYSIWYG post editor? Or are you using the enhanced or basic post editors?

For the non-WYSIWYG editors, this is an example of what you type (this'll probably work on WYSIWYG, but it'll get you some weird results in addition):

[url="www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?=14"]CLICK HERE![/url]

That above stuff gives us:

CLICK HERE!

I'm just using the above URL as an example. You'd need to put the URL of the page you're linking to in place of the stuff inside the URL bracket.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
Are you using the WYSIWYG post editor? Or are you using the enhanced or basic post editors?

For the non-WYSIWYG editors, this is an example of what you type (this'll probably work on WYSIWYG, but it'll get you some weird results in addition):

[url="www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?=14"]CLICK HERE![/url]

That above stuff gives us:

CLICK HERE!

I'm just using the above URL as an example. You'd need to put the URL of the page you're linking to in place of the stuff inside the URL bracket.
thanks so much! now my shop won't have to have a klunky looking link within it!

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'm looking for a definitive answer, but thanks for trying to help nonetheless.

Definite answer; nope not possible here, I'm afraid.

Double check your PMs before saving, and if it's a complaint/angry message maybe just type it in Word and let it stew for a while, so you don't regret it later.

Natsu Dragneel

Fire Dragon Slayer
Years
Just a question

if i donate using my credit card would u know that its me who donated it or do i need to PM someone for the proof (like an receipt or something)?

Years
Just a question

if i donate using my credit card would u know that its me who donated it or do i need to PM someone for the proof (like an receipt or something)?

After lookin around here at PC, I think as long as you use the same email address, they will know.
The knew when I became a subscription supporter.

Years
Just a question

Be sure that if you're donating via Paypal to use the same email address as your PC account (as already stated), but be sure to send a PM to Rukario telling him you donated, how much, and when you donated as well.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Are there any themes that are really really dark? Like, primarily black or dark gray?
I've gone through all of the skins that sounded like they might fit, and the closest I've found is midnight Misty, and it's still a little too bright for me. (My new monitor is like staring directly into the sun, so I'm trying to get darker themes for things. lol)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Dawn of Champions. Despite the name, it's the best dark theme that I've found on these forums and what I recommend out of the options we currently have.

You can also try Hypno's Lullaby, PokeCommunity Black Edition, The Johto Elite, or Dialga Vs Palkia. But Dawn of Champions is an incredible skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back