• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Username: Absol Used Bite!
    Character Select: Palutena
    What was your first Smash game?: Today I ordered the new smash bros.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So, how've things been for everyone with Smash so far?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Which of the new characters in SSB do you find yourself using the least? Why is that?

After trying out all the newcomers in my copy, it's gotta be the Wii Fit Trainer. I've never gotten any decent kills as her, and her Up Smash misses most of the time.

So, how've things been for everyone with Smash so far?
    Well I'm having tons of fun with the game, but because I have a geometry exam next week, I have to play less of it in order to study.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I actually had a hard time controlling Palutena (Shawn, Dragon, mains as her and I hear he's pretty good with her.) And I'm not liking Pit's new moveset. ;;

Wii Fit Trainer is alright, don't find myself using her as much.

Greninja is...OMG :D

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Seriously smash in wii u must come out soon its just to good i need to see the new stages and own people at the game lol :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    IDK why, but I seem to be doing pretty good with Charizard.....

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^is it better than Brawl Charizard?

Unlocked Wario for some reason...probably because of how many smash battles I partook thus far? It's more than 20 sooo xD WarioWare is my favorite stage btw!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    ^is it better than Brawl Charizard?

Unlocked Wario for some reason...probably because of how many smash battles I partook thus far? It's more than 20 sooo xD WarioWare is my favorite stage btw!
    Uh, I think it's better than it was in Brawl.

And it seems that all the characters have more than one way to unlock, but one way is to hit a certain number of Smash battles. It seems that every 10 battles you get the chance to unlock another one. I got the rest last night, and I'm pretty sure that Jigglypuff came along after my 120th battle.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    Username: TeunCornflakes
    Character Select: Aww, Snake's already taken? I'll go with Greninja, then.
    What was your first Smash game?: Brawl

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Username: TeunCornflakes
    Character Select: Aww, Snake's already taken? I'll go with Greninja, then.
    What was your first Smash game?: Brawl

I don't think there's a limit as to how many members can take one character. You are more than welcome to take Snake if you like, but if you are willing to take Greninja, then alright!

Welcome, btw! Did you get the new game? Or are you planning on getting the WiiU version?

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    Ah! I read the first post wrong. I thought it said "One person per character", but it's "one character per person". I'd like to change, if that's still possible :)

My friend and I have been stoked for SSB4 for months, and we bought it together on release date (although my friend has a Canadian 3DS and has to order them all the way from America to the Netherlands).

Also, for the people who have already tried out playing with friends, can you bring Mii fighters or customised characters when playing over infrared connection or over Wi-Fi? I was maining with a Mii when I realised I couldn't take it to Online, so I'm trying to get better with other characters now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I haven't played with a Mii nor have customized it yet. So I don't have much of a clue.

Is it just me or has online play been extremely laggy? I'm sure my connection is fine but when I'm playing with random people from all over the world, I always get lagged. It hasn't happened when I was matching with a co-worker last night. Weird.

Spoiler:

OH AND GUYS, major news: SSB for WiiU release dates are out.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    The release date is going to kill me. Pokemon comes first though!

and yes, I've suffered a lot of lag in my 3 online matches. I have great connection too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Also, for the people who have already tried out playing with friends, can you bring Mii fighters or customised characters when playing over infrared connection or over Wi-Fi? I was maining with a Mii when I realised I couldn't take it to Online, so I'm trying to get better with other characters now.
    Can't you? If you're the host, you can set the rules, and that should include the ability to use custom characters and Miis. But I'm not 100% sure.

Is it just me or has online play been extremely laggy? I'm sure my connection is fine but when I'm playing with random people from all over the world, I always get lagged. It hasn't happened when I was matching with a co-worker last night. Weird.
    The lag has been fickle for me. Some games lag a lot, some games don't have any lag at all.

But the worst is that almost constant half second lag that screws up my timing for everything.>_>

Spoiler:
    I had more trouble with Duck Hunt Dog. Ranged fighters wreck me so hard ;_;

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    So people who play this game. Are pit and dark pit any good?

I don't main Pit, but from what I just played of him in Practice mode, he feels pretty good. He has some good KO power and his new special attacks are better than his Brawl specials.

Dark Pit is essentially the same character 'cept his arrows take longer to navigate once they're shot out.

*sorry for notifications!*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I liked Brawl Pit more than Smash 4 Pit, especially his moveset. His current moveset is...different and it's gonna take some time to get used to. idk, changes. haha. Gotta get accustomed to that!

However, I actually like Dark Pit more than original Pit, he's...a bit faster for me and easier to navigate. I'm gonna try him out in Classic mode in a bit.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    So people who play this game. Are pit and dark pit any good?

According to the unofficial tier list I've posted back in the Smash Bros. thread, both Pits are mid-tier. The only differences are their arrows, their side-B, and their final smashes. Everything else about their moves is identical.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back