• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I have Peach, but I want Jigglypuff as well. I guess with people making a ridiculous amount of cash for selling Wii fit trainer, Little Mac, and whatever else sold out so quick, Nintendo wouldn't really want to push out more.

I work at Gamestop, and all we have left on our shelves are Mario, Yoshi, and Kirby

Years
  • The last time I went to Gamestop, which was a couple of days ago, that particular location had Peach, Mario, Link, Pikachu, Samus, and Yoshi amiibo.

I think they'll still eventually release amiibo of the entire roster (at least, I hope...) but some may not last long or be "staple" amiibo.

I've heard that Pit has been released as an amiibo but it's apparently hard to get him, too? Where's a list of all the amiibo that have been released so far?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    That's fine with me, I'm not bothered at all. I wasn't really impressed by the amiibo's in the first place, it kind of reminded me with the figurines that the Skylanders game has. It just seemed like a quick buck for Nintendo imo.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My local GameStop had only Mario's and Links. I was hoping they would have Pikachu and Peach but they wouldn't order them for stock, because the former are too popular and on demand. I have to order a Pikachu online.

Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My brother bought a Mario amiibo yesterday and named it Murica and used its NES Golf Tournament outfit. Its A.I. didn't go as how he wanted it, because one of the people who came to play 8-player Smash with us was using cowardly tactics like spamming projectiles and running then fight when there's less fighters in the stage, and the amiibo was starting to copy those tactics.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Here's a topic to get this back up and running!

What do you guys think of battling Mii's in the SSB4 games? Do you like the fact that you are able to customize your own fighters, or rather...your own Mii?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really use Miis much anymore, but it was kinda fun to play around with. I like customization in general, so....

Though it seems like several of the moves Miis can use are just copies of ones that the other characters use.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Miis are fun to play as, but since they aren't allowed in For Glory mode, for obvious reasons, I couldn't use myself as one of my mains. The fact that you can customize my Mii fighter definitely helps for me not getting use to their other moves.

Years
  • I should be more active.

I don't really like using Miis very much. Or characters with custom moves. I like playing with tournament-style rules and characters, so I tend to exclude custom things. I do use them sometimes, though. It's fun when playing very casually with a friend or two.

Years
  • I don't really like using Miis very much. Or characters with custom moves. I like playing with tournament-style rules and characters, so I tend to exclude custom things. I do use them sometimes, though. It's fun when playing very casually with a friend or two.

Same here. While I'm certainly not tournament-level, most of the time I like to keep things simple with custom stuff off, no items, final destination and 3 stock 8-minutes matches. Unless playing around with friends at a party or somethin'.

Years
  • I don't mind using Miis. The one I use is a swordsman, and I've given him a healthy amount of defensive items so he can stay in quite a bit longer than I expected. I don't use him often, but it's a nice change of pace at times

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • According to the latest Nintendo Direct, the new Nintendo 3DS XL will now have Amiibo support! Which is pretty awesome to those who use the Amiibos for the WiiU Version of the SSB game. Now I got my reason to buy it as well as my Pikachu Amiibo :D What are everyone's thoughts on this, now that this is a pretty good improvement?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I am actually undecided on whether or not I will actually use the two amiibos I got yesterday. The two being Samus and Wii Fit Trainer (which I had to order from a German company. (Well, the Wii Fit Trainer, to be precise). Course I do like the idea of the New 3DS XL having amiibo support. I think it is a good improvement.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is old news for those who already knew about the New 3DS since August 2014. It's still a neat feature, and I wonder if I can still feed my amiibos used in the Wii U version with the other customs from my 3DS version since I have more those than the Wii U.

Years
  • I think it'll be a game changer, literally. Amiibos are selling quick, and with the amount of grinding and stuff people are putting into them, they'll be a force to be reckoned with on the handheld side as well

Years
  • I think it'll be a game changer, literally. Amiibos are selling quick, and with the amount of grinding and stuff people are putting into them, they'll be a force to be reckoned with on the handheld side as well
    Amiibo are without a doubt better than even level 9 CPUs. I put my Lv. 50 Pikachu amiibo, Chu-Chu, against a level 9 Captain Falcon. 2 stock, no items, Final Destination... The entire time, it didn't lose a single life, and only accumulated 25% damage. My Pika amiibo is probably better at evading than I am and has great edge game. My favorite part of that match when when the amiibo finished off Captain Falcon by footstooling off him in midair! It was such a beautiful maneuver, I don't think I've ever made a KO like that myself! xD

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
    Years
  • Username: Penelope
    Character Select: Yoshi
    What was your first Smash game?: Smash 64

I'm so excited to have my Wii-U copy! I've played nothing but this since its midnight release.
    My Amiibos currently are in their 30's and are: Pikachu, Samus, Link, and Zelda

Speaking of Amiibo...Um... <_< Hate Buying Rosalina Amiibo

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Speaking of Amiibo...Um... <_< Hate Buying Rosalina Amiibo
    Ah yes i heard of this. for those of you who don't want to read this, i will sum up. A man pre-Orders 100 rosalina amibos, and doesn't do a thing with them. His reasoning is, according to what he told the local news, was because he hated rosalina and doesn't want anyone who is a fan of her to have any joy of buying and training her amibo. rumor has it that he is planning to sell them at ridiculously high prices on ebay or kijiji or somthing of that nature, and he is planing to do the same thing with characters like Palutena and Zero Suit Samus

(sorry for my wall of text >.<)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back