• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    LittleFascistPanties said:
    I don't really understand this reputation ban thing. If someone gives bad rep to another person, then obviously, the person has a bad reputation.
    Even if someone doesn't like the other for an extremely dumb reason, you still can't dodge that fact.

Think about kids in school, sometimes kids are hated(or disliked, hate is waaaay too strong of a word), for trivial reasons, like what clothes they wear or something. See, one person may have a bad reputation for something dumb, but you can't dodge the fact that he/she is still hated.

The next thing I was wondering about was what if 'bad rep is the new good rep'. I was about to actually thinking of starting telling everyone to give me bad rep. But now because of this ban, I'm afraid people will get banned because they like my posts XD
    It's rep ban because some members just goes around giving bad rep for no reason. It don't matter if it was a good post or a bad one.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    sometimes kids are hated(or disliked, hate is waaaay too strong of a word), for trivial reasons, like what clothes they wear or something. See, one person may have a bad reputation for something dumb, but you can't dodge the fact that he/she is still hated.

err...thats a bit strong brittany..
    Just because some ppl do give bad rep for spammy reasons doesnt mean the person receiving it is generally disliked/hated :\

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    If bad rep is such an issue, why not disable rep altogether to prevent this issue from growing? It's either the members complain now, or they complain later after being spammed by bad rep.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kyogre-chan said:
    If bad rep is such an issue, why not disable rep altogether to prevent this issue from growing? It's either the members complain now, or they complain later after being spammed by bad rep.
    That's what I want, just to lose the whole thing all together and be done with all this <_<;;.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    Just because some ppl do give bad rep for spammy reasons doesnt mean the person receiving it is generally disliked/hated :\
    But their post or something is generally disliked/hated. I didn't mean to target what I said to the person itself.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    But it's difficult to say that kyogre just because some ppl post here and say they dislike rep -think of all the members that havent complained :\
    Personally, yeah im against rep abuse, but i think that with ppl who give bad rep, members normally only get it infrequently (a lot less than receiving good), and if it does become a problem then the person giving the bad rep can be looked into :\
    I don't like members who have enormous positive rep for few posts too, but again with those members they could be looked into to see if its continually the same ppl giving pointless rep to them :\
    I just think banning rep altogether is kinda harsh

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    It beats sitting back and watching people continue to encourage rep abuse. Don't you agree?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Kyogre-chan said:
    It beats sitting back and watching people continue to encourage rep abuse. Don't you agree?

Kyogre, noone is "encouraging" rep abuse
    If you read my post, i suggested reporting any problems with a specific member to higher staff such as smods and up.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Like i've said in the other thread:
    You click on the little pair of scales between the green online button and the warn sign you can at the bottom of peoples posts.
    Hover over the scales, and it says "Add to X's reputation" -click that and a popup will appear. Click either I Approve or I Disapprove, leave a reason, then click "Add to reputation"

There is a reputation FAQ in the Technical Institute section of PC

But MD, the problem is also when ppl keep asking their friends to give them good rep, which results in unfair positive rep being given to ppl.

Years
    That's right......I hate it when people only gives reps because they're friends were forced too. So I guess the rep thing will continue to be a problem then. But still, bad rep has continued to be a problem on any forum you go on. It's just a way of life, I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The problem with voting by poll is that ppl can use different screennames to vote :\

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    i dont think anyone will go to the effort of going thru and checking ips -that wasnt even done for the presidential election ^^;
    plus ppl can change their ips and vote :\

i just think ppl leaving their opinions after reading the suggestions others have written would be good (some ppl seem to post without reading the suggestions and everything, making the same arguments as have already been said :\ )

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    i dont think anyone will go to the effort of going thru and checking ips -that wasnt even done for the presidential election ^^;
    plus ppl can change their ips and vote :\
    Erica did check every IP on the prez voting.

Well I think voting should be done bit it should be a main vote and not just a poll.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    I'll make my little 2-cent off-topic reply now XD

Since the before the begining of the bare thought of even having Presidential Elections for PC, I suggested that we had all of the staff be the ones to vote.

Unless one IP has alot of Mod accounts on it, that was kinda impossible to cheat on.

And the thought of a person having a dynamic IP with multiple mod accounts seems kinda slim.

So yea XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'll make my little 2-cent off-topic reply now XD

Since the before the begining of the bare thought of even having Presidential Elections for PC, I suggested that we had all of the staff be the ones to vote.

Unless one IP has alot of Mod accounts on it, that was kinda impossible to cheat on.

And the thought of a person having a dynamic IP with multiple mod accounts seems kinda slim.

So yea XD
    Well that's a good idea on the IPs. But it should be by the members because this is about them.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    Kyogre, noone is "encouraging" rep abuse
    If you read my post, i suggested reporting any problems with a specific member to higher staff such as smods and up.
    Member A joins the forum. Member B greets them, and becomes friends with them. Several other members join and become their friends, so they organise a constant chain of good rep. Other members see this, think "Hey! They're doing it, so it must be alright!", and thus, they begin to follow in their footsteps. Then the process begins all over again. *sigh* Abuse never ends...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back