• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

REAL Reputation Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiNGi

Banned
Years
  • LoL! well, yeah it depends if someone cares or doesnt care :P
    Or someone who is being abused with loads of bad rep could just disable rep....
    But the problem is still stuff like organised rep... some people do it really explicit, even blackmailing others saying "ill give you bad rep if you dont give me rep now"......
    to tell the truth, I personally have something like rep that I dont totally deserve, because like when I give rep there are some people that automatically feel like they want to give me rep back, and so they put coments like "thanks for the rep", but that is not a problem as long as you dont ask for rep is it?

Years
  • Maybe if people couldn't see who gave them a bad rep, things would get better right? Sorry if I'm just intruding here, but it might be a good idea for people to only give good reps instead of the bad reps!

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    Like i said on my other posts (the one i admited i have posted good and bad reps also)
    i got something to add to it in case i am in danger of getting banned.
    I do have that "why" for the bad ones and the "why" for the good ones.
    Anyways,i think that the reputation system should directly be out.
    Unless there is a good solution.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • NiNGi said:
    Danger of getting banned? what do you people mean??? o.O' *looks at Satoshi-kun and Get-low*
    That's rep banned. Meaning if some one was giving bad rep for nothing and stuff like that then they will be banned to that usegroup where they can't use rep anymore.

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    for the 3rd time i say so you got it clear,i got the "why" so if you wanna know the "why" then i can give you the "why"
    And ive been thinking right now,
    I was thinking at chains and stuff so i got this on my mind :
    "Chains,chains,umm... hmm chains."
    "Yes like in pc,a chain of bad reputations started by one"
    Do you get what i mean?
    This is a chain going arround taking bad reputations to everybody for no reason,So why doesnt anybody start a chain of good reputations to take back the bad rep of the people.The one who gave bad rep for nothing may have to give good reputation to the person who did and leave its name.
    I know this sounds stupid XP but if the ones who did for "no reason" dont want to be banned t hen those persons might think a bit and do back a chain of good rep to the people who gave bad rep to.
    And why some of you are looking at me and satoshi? >_>
    I hate when big comunities die XD i mean this problem can freak out people and they can never come back again.
    It's a shame that a big community just dies like that,I have known some huge awesome communities and then they just go down.I know my thing about the "Good Reputation Chain" sounds quite stupid,but who knows it might work.
    Or maybe just clear everybodys reputation,take every bad and good rep out.
    So they just start off from 0.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • Satoshi-kun said:
    You can guess how many people are in danger of getting a reputation ban, Kyo. ^_~;
    ...Eep. *hides* It's not my fault! It was... sheep! Evil sheep gave me lots of rep! o.O;;

Hm... it might seem harsh, but maybe we should ban the words 'rep', 'reputation', and any other versions of it... xD *stabs abusers*

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
  • People that leave me good rep tend to tell me who they are. Normally people that give me bad rep don't even say why they are doing it, as I said earlier. People can be so mea.

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
  • Cool! I like the idea of reputation ban XD
    This basically means that if I get bad rep for no reason and I report to an admin, will the person who gave it to me be rep banned?

Anarchytekt

Techlord
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    NiNGi said:
    This basically means that if I get bad rep for no reason and I report to an admin, will the person who gave it to me be rep banned?
    I don't think they'll do that. Maybe if there are 2-3 complaints about a person maybe then they'll do it.

^^NICK^^v.3.0 said:
    What's the big deal about losing rep points?
    Well they may mean nothing to u but 4 some other people, especially n00bs and maybe kids, it may mean a lot.

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
  • I think, it doesn`t matter how many rep points do you have. Sometimes someone who is not the smartest person on the world can get 10000 good rep points, because he or she has a lot of friends and they will give him/her. I don`t look, how many green boxes someone has, it doesn`t matter for me. Of course, its nice, when you get a friendly rep point, but bad is, when unknown person blames you. That why, I think, your system is good.
    Also, my opinion is, we should get good or bad rep points only from Mods and Admins. Then, we will really see- who is a nice and good member and who is not. But it is only my opinion.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • ok look at it this way, if you post something playful wouldnt it hurt your feelings if someone gave it bad rep? especially if it wasnt offensive or controversal or insulting?

Rocket Executive

Criminal Mastermind
    Years
  • Dude, that's just flat out SPAM -.-

My latest Rep. This is coming from someone who left a font 24 message talking about how lame everyone is. O_o Now tell me how this is fair for me? I don't even remember spamming in my posts that didn't at least stay somewhat in the topic as well. I've also got bad rep for NOT saying something I supposedly should have. People are just using this system idioticly and leaving bad rep for ppl not for their posts but simply because they don't like them. It's turned into a way to unchallengingly flame someone while hurting their rep at the same time for NO apparent reason. It's getting pretty bad...

Get-Low

S??xzor a.k.a Get-Low
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 7, 2004
    yeah,maybe it would work only making mods and admins giving reputation.
    That way would work just fine.

Years
  • Get-Low said:
    yeah,maybe it would work only making mods and admins giving reputation.
    That way would work just fine.
    = I agree?

Anyway, I don't think I would like the idea of just admins and mods giving out rep. The reputation system was made to let people give their option out about a person...including if they didn't like a post. Plus, if there is some person that keeps giving you bad rep, pointlessly (or even if they do have a point XD) you can turn it off in the User CP. Then you won't have a red rep point in the corner of your posts and you won't have to see the comments. That works for me...

(^ Essay post XD)

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • (lolz please note that this post has been seriously mangled by a day-long dare from PazzKat. See signature for details.)

I think that is so fair, you have such wonderful ideas, girlgenius. Why don't ppl just turn off their rep altogether? Such a simple solution, such a talented idea! People should look for the easy ways you have illuminated for them!

Um, I cannot do this properly. Here's the normal post:

I think that is true, I mean, you can just get rid of it altogether. But sometimes ppl might have something good to say that suits rep more than a PM. Oh well, if ppl wanna be so IMMATURE, they can just stop repping people with that other rep ban.

*rushes off, disgraced by PazzKat's evil dare*

Flannery

~Shippings Lover~
    Years
  • Do we really need rep points anyway? It doesn`t help, its only for fun (?) and I see, makes a lot of troubles. Sorry, if I`m wrong. Rep points don`t say, how smart or how dumb you are. It won`t make you a Mod and it is just for fun. I know, some people love rep points, but I think- r.p. are not necessary.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back