• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Reck's tile showcase

Which tileset looks like it was made with better quality?

• Tileset 1

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Tileset 2

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    Thanks.

I'll keep working on them...yes i notice that with the windows to I'll try to fix it. I'm not really that good with flowers but ill try. By stones you mean the mountain tiles right? I had to use a tutorial to make those(not my strongest point). I'll keep working on these tiles before I add more thanks. Oh here are the new lake tiles.

Reck's tile showcase

what do ya think? I'm gonna work on the trees next.
    Better, but maybe make the bottom corner tile borders more outward like the upper tiles are. After that, I think It'll be perfect. And I hope I'm not pestering you too much with this. xD

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Better, but maybe make the bottom corner tile borders more outward like the upper tiles are. After that, I think It'll be perfect. And I hope I'm not pestering you too much with this. xD

No no. your not a bother at all. Anyway I updated the tiles. I lied about not addding new buildings. Anyway here's what I added.

Widened the pine tiles.
    Fixed the water tiles.
    Made new flowers.
    Added two new houses.

Please comment and rate. :)

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    The water looks WAY BETTER now. Good job on the new flowers too. Your coming along very nicely. Make sure to keep adding stuff to it. For example, different paths maybe? You have a nice dirt tileset but maybe make like a beach version and city version?

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The water looks WAY BETTER now. Good job on the new flowers too. Your coming along very nicely. Make sure to keep adding stuff to it. For example, different paths maybe? You have a nice dirt tileset but maybe make like a beach version and city version?

Thanks never thought about those tiles. :P Any way I'm posting because I just added them :) (they didn't turn out like i wanted them so I'll be updating them) I probably won't be on this weekend so just hold tight till next week.

-Reck

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    Nice, they look kinda official. ^^ The buildings though are all dark and look like its in the night, so maybe later on in the project, you could have different palletes for the time of day?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    yeah nice way of thinking about those tiles oh great Lord of the Reck
    Lake: After
    Pokemon Center : Before

well that is my opinion and i meant what i said in a good way
    I love the house tiles..
    they look awesome..XD
    really...
    These comments are not constructive at all. If you're going to post, give critical comments on the pixel art, as this is a requirement of the pixel art section.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Haha maybe(probably not) thanks for the suggestion though. Any way I put my tiles on a different sheet. I also made a few correction/updates to the tiles. I also added two other houses. (I'll update first post in a bit)
    edit
    the pokecenter,mart, and gym i dont like any more so i am going to redo them monday.

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    The tiles remind me of Saurav's, nice job I must say. Please keep up the excellent work.

Hmm... Never heard of that person. I definitely going to look him er...her em...that person out. Thanks though. Hmmm... what to make next...

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
    I think maybe you should make the gray shadings on the poke center, mart and gym lighter[not the normal houses] cause they still look night-ish to me. I think they look fine other than that.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I think maybe you should make the gray shadings on the poke center, mart and gym lighter[not the normal houses] cause they still look night-ish to me. I think they look fine other than that.
    Ya I'll make them lighter.

Hmm.. I definetly don't like the new look of the water at all..

I mean, it looks like a black, spiky wall of rock covering the water's edge.. When it should be a smooth and flat transition between the two, like real puddles and lakes.

Once I get to 15 posts, I could post a sample of how it should be done, if you want.
    No need. I will begin working on that tomorrow.

Alright I added a new house and edited some of the old ones. Look at the first post. (I'll probably change the color of the roof on the new house later.)

EDIT: I just updated the new house I also added the same house with a different color roof. Also I updated the water...O ya nearly forgot the tiles can now be used by the public.

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Sorry for the double post. But i just updated. Here's the rundown.

-Ledges
    -cut tree
    -Bush
    -Rock(will change in a bit)
    -Shadows
    -Another Poke lab
    -Two blues roofed houses
    -An orange roofed house(modeled after Master Roshies house in dbz legacy of goku II)
    -Sky scraper(kinda)
    -misc. updates

Please rate. And criticize all you want. Look at the first post for the new tiles.

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Alright. I added a house and I worked on the skyscraper. What do you think? Please someone give me some C+C.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Okay big update now. I redid almost all the house's, poke centers, marts, etc. I redid the water and added 3 new houses. Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease post!...

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    They look great.You have the potention to become a awesome tile maker...
    hmm..the shading are well done.This is much better then the previous.Good choice of palletes.It looks pleasing to my eyes.and most importantly,i like the ship but i know you can make it look much more awesome.{i just feel like there is something missing from it}

Last edited:

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Thanks. Hey how does this look? I spent a half an hour on it. I think it looks better.
    Reck's tile showcase

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    Hmm.. A quick glance tells me that it has too much colors.. And some even look too alike. I also see thin lines separating the tree segments with only light shadows under them. This and the similar colors give the tree a somewhat flat feel.

I'd suggest to remove the number of colors, say like 5 for the green and 2 for the core, add some contrast to them, and add darker, varied shadows under the branch segments. Also, having both sides of the tree being different would be far more interesting than making a half and then rotating it.. Different variations of the same type of tree would be awesome as well, to add diversity.
    At least that's what I'd do.

..For posting's sake im putting this here.

Back