• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
  • No, not sticking to a pattern, but more so looking back at past releases. When one tries to format a rough prediction or thought you go back to past events or known information to softly conclude at a point.

I'm not sticking to the pattern, but more using it as a mild example to when the exact release may be.
    D8 That's just exactly what I was doing. Show me one place where I said I was relying on that pattern or implying anything was definite about it. ~.~#

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Not much to speculate on now. For the moment Im relying on Spring 2010. Im sure it will be early on in the Spring because all of the card releases being so soon.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • I'm not really interested in the games. I just wanted to see if Diamond had a low price like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon TWO did...14.99 my ass.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Its pretty much guaranteed to change over the coming months, when the real release date is revealed.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Like stated, that date isn't a confirmed date by Nintendo or Pokémon, so I wouldn't get your high hopes for HeartGold or SoulSilver being released on the first of April. That date might as well change over time once confirmation of the real release date is out. We have recently learned the game is going to be released on Spring of 2010, so for now I would stick with that. However, without confirmation we cannot conclude that the releae date will be on the first of April, but more so it being a place holder.

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Well, we all knew it was gonna be Spring '10 anyway. But April 1st? I dunno, that seems too good to be true. Then again, it might come out in March. Personally, I hope it is released in March. Though there's no way that'll happen

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I'm hoping late March/early April. Yeah, I'm an April kid.
    When D/P came out, I pre-ordered Diamond as a b-day present for myself (even though it came out almost two weeks after my birthday)
    When Platinum came out, I pre-ordered it as an early b-day present for myself.
    I'm hoping this one will also be before my b-day so I can play it. ^^
    This time, I think I'm gonna pre-order both so I can continue my pre-order figurine collection. XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Didn't the US and EU merge? That would mean that they would come out the same day.
    I doubt the release dates would be the same. After all, they're still going to be released from different bases (Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe respectively), and with the latter, there's more to do as well - translating not only into english but many others as well, organising the releases for them in multiple countries, changing the whole PAL region stuff... plus the different laws that apply would also mean the games will have to differ furthermore (such as the instance where Europe's Platinum had to go without the Game Corner's minigame due to laws there).

Expect Europe to get it after America, is my prediction.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I doubt the release dates would be the same. After all, they're still going to be released from different bases (Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe respectively), and with the latter, there's more to do as well - translating not only into english but many others as well, organising the releases for them in multiple countries, changing the whole PAL region stuff... plus the different laws that apply would also mean the games will have to differ furthermore (such as the instance where Europe's Platinum had to go without the Game Corner's minigame due to laws there).

Really? My Platinum had the game corner in it and I bought Platinumhere in the UK. The only change for Europe that I've noticed is changing the money signs ($ to £) respectivley.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I doubt the release dates would be the same. After all, they're still going to be released from different bases (Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe respectively), and with the latter, there's more to do as well - translating not only into english but many others as well, organising the releases for them in multiple countries, changing the whole PAL region stuff... plus the different laws that apply would also mean the games will have to differ furthermore (such as the instance where Europe's Platinum had to go without the Game Corner's minigame due to laws there).

In actuality, it is indeed being released at the same time in all the English-speaking countries of Europe and North America. It was announced on the official Pokémon website, as I said here:

More specifically, it's that date for the United States and Europe, due to the recent merger within Pokémon Companies outside Japan. Says so on this page (official).

Release Date Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Really? My Platinum had the game corner in it and I bought Platinumhere in the UK. The only change for Europe that I've noticed is changing the money signs ($ to £) respectivley.
    Yep, I'm sure. There's a whole topic on it, in fact, here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=179900 (Apparently though this didn't apply to all of the UK versions - as people in that thread say, some have it, and some have the minigame gone with dialogue changed and all).

In actuality, it is indeed being released at the same time in all the English-speaking countries of Europe and North America. It was announced on the official Pokémon website, as I said here:

Release Date Speculation

Hmm... but doesn't that just mean that they are both available in Spring? Don't think that necessarily means they are on the same date - quite possibly it means that, for instance, America gets it in March, and Europe in May, which keeps it in Spring, and is akin to previous game releases where Europe tends to be a couple of months behind America in getting the game.

There's still the fact the European versions have more to go through to be made and released as well compared to America, and I doubt the American release would be delayed because of that; regardless if the two 'merged' or not.

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
  • Guess The Date For Europe Release!!

Ok i dont know about you guys but im crazy about the new soul silver and heart gold heading our way.

Just a poll to find out when you guys think it will release!

Seem like i have forgotton May!

If you think May please vote other!

Back