• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Kendall

Fool of a Took
Years
  • Which Shedinja?

I want to EV train a Shedinja. I have caught a lot of nincadas and bred some of them to get better IVs. I'm down to two, but i can't decide whether I want to use the one with a Lonely or Naive nature. I want it to have the attack power to deal a good amount of damage, but I also want it to be fast enough to stike first on some pokemon. I am making it evolve at Level 25 so that Swords Dance is passed on. I plan on giving it a 252atk-252spe-6spa spread. Here are the current stats:

Nincada1 - Level 24 - Lonely - Strong Willed
    Stats: 51 35 47 25 26 29
    Possible Avg. IVs: 10 24 22 25 29 22

Nincada2 - Level 24 - Naive - A Little Quick Tempered
    Stats: 49 33 53 22 20 33
    Possible Avg. IVs: 02 28 22 12 17 26

I also evolved both of them into Shedinja w/rare candy, recalculated the stats, and reset:

Shedinja1 - Level 25 - Lonely - Strong Willed
    Stats: 01 61 29 26 27 30
    Possible Avg. IVs: 15 25 23 25 29 21

Shedinja2 - Level 25 - Naive - A Little Quick Tempered
    Stats: 01 56 32 22 21 34
    Possible Avg. IVs: 15 25 19 09 17 25

Movest: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace/Will-o-Wisp

I may be making this more complicated than it really is...
    Also, should I EV train it as a nincada or as a shedinja?
    Anyways, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Is Honchkrow a weak pokemon? I'm asking because honchkrow has low def. and low sp.def, and it's speed is..... well...... not greater enough if you know what I mean. If a Honchkrow is not that weak, then how is it not? I mean like which is the best nature and best moveset with the ability superluck? And has anyone on this site ever used a honchkrow in battle before?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • Honchkrow is by no means a bad pokemon. Some say it's almost broken in UU until Rhyperior came along. Super Luck isn't the preferred ability, and if you're looking for a set, I suggest going here to find a set that suits your purposes best.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Online now
    Is Honchkrow a weak pokemon? I'm asking because honchkrow has low def. and low sp.def, and it's speed is..... well...... not greater enough if you know what I mean. If a Honchkrow is not that weak, then how is it not? I mean like which is the best nature and best moveset with the ability superluck? And has anyone on this site ever used a honchkrow in battle before?

Look at its attacking stats, that is why it is beastly.

Honchkrow@Life Orb
    252 ATT / 252 SPEED / 6 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Super Luck
    - Sucker Punch
    - Brave Bird
    - SuperPower
    - Pursuit

Massively powerful move + base 125 att. Sucker Punch makes up for its low speed and Pursuit destroys things which switch out and puts them in a trap with its other moves, Rotom, Latias, Celebi and a whole host of others are at risk from this.

Also use the correct thread. :/

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I want to EV train a Shedinja. I have caught a lot of nincadas and bred some of them to get better IVs. I'm down to two, but i can't decide whether I want to use the one with a Lonely or Naive nature. I want it to have the attack power to deal a good amount of damage, but I also want it to be fast enough to stike first on some pokemon.

Lonely is the best Nature for Shedinja because he's already slow anyway.

I am making it evolve at Level 25 so that Swords Dance is passed on. I plan on giving it a 252atk-252spe-6spa spread. Here are the current stats:

Nincada1 - Level 24 - Lonely - Strong Willed
    Stats: 51 35 47 25 26 29
    Possible Avg. IVs: 10 24 22 25 29 22

Nincada2 - Level 24 - Naive - A Little Quick Tempered
    Stats: 49 33 53 22 20 33
    Possible Avg. IVs: 02 28 22 12 17 26

I also evolved both of them into Shedinja w/rare candy, recalculated the stats, and reset:

Shedinja1 - Level 25 - Lonely - Strong Willed
    Stats: 01 61 29 26 27 30
    Possible Avg. IVs: 15 25 23 25 29 21

Shedinja2 - Level 25 - Naive - A Little Quick Tempered
    Stats: 01 56 32 22 21 34
    Possible Avg. IVs: 15 25 19 09 17 25

Movest: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace/Will-o-Wisp

I may be making this more complicated than it really is...
    Also, should I EV train it as a nincada or as a shedinja?

Doesn't matter as long as you never gave it EVs when leveling it to evolve it.

Anyways, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Comments in bold.

What are some good counters for Skarmory's Taunt set?
    Heatran, Jolteon, Latias, Rotom-A, Starmie, Zapdos, Magnezone, etc.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Can a Magnet Pull Probopass KO Skarmory using Power Gem?
    186 Atk vs 176 Def & 334 HP (70 Base Power): 81 - 96 (24.25% - 28.74%)

You need a high investment in Special Attack EVs and a positive Nature with Life Orb to 2HKO.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • So I guess Magnezone is a better choice. He can trap Skarmory, and then KO it with Thunderbolt, am I correct?

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Magnet Rise
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

Is there another attack I can use instead of HP Ice or HP Grass?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    So I guess Magnezone is a better choice. He can trap Skarmory, and then KO it with Thunderbolt, am I correct?

Magnezone @ Leftovers
    172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Magnet Rise
    ~ Thunderbolt
    ~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

Is there another attack I can use instead of HP Ice or HP Grass?
    Use 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe as the EV spread, that one is outdated and doesn't outrun the standard Metagross anymore.

HP Fire can be used if you want to eliminate Choice Band Scizor. Flash Cannon is another option for a second STAB and hits Tyranitar and Ground-types. Explosion or the dual screens (Reflect and Light Screen) can also be used.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
  • Well you NEED superpower on any Scizor set or you are utter steel bait. Use SD/ bug bite or roost/SuperPower or Brick Break/Bullet Punch.

Also, is it just me or does this have quite a bit of potential ?

Lapras@Leftovers
    248 HP / 204 DEF / 56 S.DEF
    Careful / Calm nature
    Trait : Water Absorb
    - Block
    - Protect
    - Sing
    - Perish Song

Sing the obvious fighting type/counter and then Block your secondary counter and then Perish Song and Protect and wait for it to run out and switch on the last turn. Fun, no ? XD

Is this ok then?

Scizor@ Leftovers
    200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
    Technician
    -Sword Dance
    -Roost
    -Brick break
    -Bullet punch

About that set dont you think its taunt weak? But i dont remember if taunters are faster than lapras in UU...

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Is a Relaxed Registeel usable in competitive battle? Or is it doomed to sit in my PC box forever? I'm curious to know any possible movesets as well.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
  • Another quick question, on the standard DDMence set, can Fire Blast be replaced with Fire Fang?
    I'm thinking of doing this because I currently have 24 SpA EVs on Salamence. I was thinking of removing these EVs and maxing out Atk and using Fire Fang to maximize the power of my other moves. Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do?

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Another quick question, on the standard DDMence set, can Fire Blast be replaced with Fire Fang?
    I'm thinking of doing this because I currently have 24 SpA EVs on Salamence. I was thinking of removing these EVs and maxing out Atk and using Fire Fang to maximize the power of my other moves. Does this sound like a reasonable thing to do?

You can, but then it is a little harder to break through Skarmory and Bronzong

Skarmory (Fire Fang): 553 Atk vs 372 Def & 334 HP (65 Base Power): 180 - 214 (53.89% - 64.07%) Yeah it's a guaranteed 2HKO, but if it switches in it can take the shot and Whirlwind you out then Roost, so it's meh.

(Fire Blast) 280 Atk vs 176 Def & 334 HP (120 Base Power): 356 - 420 (106.59% - 125.75%) Fire Blast always OHKOs lol.

Bronzong (Fire Fang): 553 Atk vs 288 Def & 338 HP (65 Base Power): 232 - 274 (68.64% - 81.07%) That's way better chances, so Fire Fang can work there, especially since Bronzong can't PHaze at all lol. On the otherhand, if it switches in after you kill something, it can get lucky with Hypnosis, but that's rather situational, so not too much to worry about.

(Fire Blast) 262 Atk vs 324 Def & 338 HP (125 Base Power): 188 - 222 (55.62% - 65.68%) Still 2HKOs =P

It really comes down to preference. Fire Blast is the better choice, OHKOs Skarm and always 2HKOs Zong with SR up, whereas Fire Fang only 2HKOs both.

Back