• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    The Base Power of a move always stay the same, whatever you use Belly Drum or not.
    Skull Bash will stay at 100 Base power.
    Belly Drum rais the ATK stat of your pokemon, Marowak in your case.
    He will gain a +6 stage in ATK stat, so its ATK will be x4.

Thank you very much for your help :)

Ebrithil.

The Uber Tier Idiot
    Years
  • Been considering a raindance team, or a sandstorm one.

Any tips on which is more effective? Atm i'm thinking SS, plus i just wanna use shuckleso i can lol at my defenses :P

What kinda thing am i looking to set up for a SS team?
    I have rhyperior, obv a tyranitar, donphan? Shuckle, bronzor? (is he immune to SS? I cant remember>.<)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • You should have only three to four pokemon immune to sandstorm, having all the pokemonr resistant to SS in a SS team makes you Surf/Grass Knot/Low Kick/metagame weak.

On a SS team, Tyranitar/Hippowdon is a must, then Rhyperior is good as it has good HP and awesome defense but bad SpD, Cradily is also good, Regirock is very bulky is sandstorm, Aggron is good too with 180 base defense, you need some rock types who would like to boost their SpD. It really depends that do you want to run sanstorm offense or sandstorm stall.

Here's something that can help you out: https://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/sandstorm_teams

Years
  • How's this for a mono-grass team?

Roserade (lead)
    Torterra (rock polish)
    Venusaur (support)
    Breloom (Facade set)
    Ludicolo (Subseed)
    Celebi ( not sure what set since theres so many but maybe tinkerbell set)

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
  • How's this for a mono-grass team?

Roserade (lead)
    Torterra (rock polish)
    Venusaur (support)
    Breloom (Facade set)
    Ludicolo (Subseed)
    Celebi ( not sure what set since theres so many but maybe tinkerbell set)
    I'd choose a classic SporePuncher or SporeSD Breloom. As for Celebi, if you choose Tinkerbell, you might want to fit Heal Bell in there. Breloom is crippled if it switches in to an unexpected T-Wave or WOW, and most of the Pokémon are crippled if they get unexpectedly Toxiced. Torterra is crippled from WOW or Stun Spore. As for the entire team, I think there are too few sweepers. Roserade is the lead, Torterra is a setup physical sweeper, Venusaur is support, Breloom is a physical sweeper with one-turn setup. Ludicolo is also stalling with Subseed and Celebi is also walling. I think you need a special sweeper. I think Scarf Sceptile fits the bill, as it needs no setup and it's a special sweeper.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'd choose a classic SporePuncher or SporeSD Breloom. As for Celebi, if you choose Tinkerbell, you might want to fit Heal Bell in there. Breloom is crippled if it switches in to an unexpected T-Wave or WOW, and most of the Pokémon are crippled if they get unexpectedly Toxiced. Torterra is crippled from WOW or Stun Spore. As for the entire team, I think there are too few sweepers. Roserade is the lead, Torterra is a setup physical sweeper, Venusaur is support, Breloom is a physical sweeper with one-turn setup. Ludicolo is also stalling with Subseed and Celebi is also walling. I think you need a special sweeper. I think Scarf Sceptile fits the bill, as it needs no setup and it's a special sweeper.

Wait what is the point of Heal Bell when Loom has Toxic Orb ? That and how is Toxic a problem with Loom, Venu and Rose and Celebi with Natural Cure? Celebi, Rose and Loom can take status fine. Heal Bell defeats the purpose of Tinkerbell Celebi.

Also mono teams suck, "scizor used U-Turn", "Skarmory used Brave Bird", "Heatran/Ape used Ember" yeah you get the point.

Please cover you weaknesses better, seriously. :/

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    2vs2 Battle leads:

Clefable @ Big Root
    Jolly Nature
    ATK: 252 / SPD: 252 / DEF: 4
    Drain Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Last Resort
    Belly Drum

Gallade @ White Herb
    Adamant Nature
    ATK: 252 / DEF: 128 / HP: 128
    Drain Punch
    Psycho Cut
    Protect
    Psych Up

1st Turn: Clefable uses Belly Drum, Gallade uses Psych Up
    Following Turns: Drain Punch is used to recover HP, Psycho Cut, Thunder Punch and Last Resort are used to sweep.​

I focused on Clefable's speed and gave her a Jolly nature because she needs to be faster than Gallade to pull off the Belly Drum + Psych Up combo in one turn.​

Last edited:

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This won't work AT ALL.

Clefable is still too slow even with a Jolly Nature. Plus, after using Belly Drum, whatever attack your opponent uses will easily KO Clefable. If this happens before Gallade uses Psych Up, then you will have basically wasted an entire turn and lost one Pokemon.

Rule of thumb:

Don't use Belly Drum unless you're extremely fast or have priority moves.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    [/FONT]

Years
  • Wait what is the point of Heal Bell when Loom has Toxic Orb ? That and how is Toxic a problem with Loom, Venu and Rose and Celebi with Natural Cure? Celebi, Rose and Loom can take status fine. Heal Bell defeats the purpose of Tinkerbell Celebi.

Also mono teams suck, "scizor used U-Turn", "Skarmory used Brave Bird", "Heatran/Ape used Ember" yeah you get the point.

Please cover you weaknesses better, seriously. :/

Its not for competitive obviously, its a thing with my friends and i chose the grass type.

Years
  • 2vs2 Battle leads:

Clefable @ Big Root
    Jolly Nature
    ATK: 252 / SPD: 252 / DEF: 4
    Drain Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Last Resort
    Belly Drum

Gallade @ White Herb
    Adamant Nature
    ATK: 252 / DEF: 128 / HP: 128
    Drain Punch
    Psycho Cut
    Protect
    Psych Up

1st Turn: Clefable uses Belly Drum, Gallade uses Psych Up
    Following Turns: Drain Punch is used to recover HP, Psycho Cut, Thunder Punch and Last Resort are used to sweep.​

I focused on Clefable's speed and gave her a Jolly nature because she needs to be faster than Gallade to pull off the Belly Drum + Psych Up combo in one turn.​

If you're going to try to pull off Belly Drum, you either need a sub or a partner who can use Follow Me. Clefable will likely be dead 9/10 times in the above scenario.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2010
    How to wreck the battle tower, Team and movesets.

Today I wrecked Palmer both on the 21st match and the 49th match and I'll tell you that my team is extremely solid for the variety of pokemon that I faced and their movesets. I don't have wireless net at home so I'll upload the data to the GTS and you guys can check it out(I'll put the reference number too).

The following is the team that I used.

Garchomp

Focus Sash/ Jolly 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Fire Fang
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dragon ClawGonna change this to Outrage soon..

Milotic

Lum Berry/ Modest 252 SpAttk 129 Def 129 HP

Ice Beam
    Surf
    Rest
    Mirror Coat

Blissey

Leftovers/ Careful 252 Def 129 HP 129 Sp Def

Ice Beam
    Rest
    Toxic
    Protect

The main threats that I encountered were Umbreon, Shiftry who loves to Double team and Toxic so just switch to Blissey and keep using Toxic too and use Rest to remove status problems. Using Rest over Softboiled and Recover was important as helped with the abundant toxic users as well with Milotic and Lum it helps to return damage faster. The only other problem is meeting Dewgong and Walrein and the occasional other OHKO hax pokemon that can severely cripple your team. Don't fight these toxic pokemon with Garchomp as you really need that Focus Sash to kick in during tougher fights and always switch to Blissey to absorb special Hits. Milotic wrecks Hippowdon, Fires, Rock Types with Surf and OHKOs Dragonite and Altaria with Ice Beam. If your having trouble with the 1st Palmer battle simply switch Blissey's Leftovers for a Destiny Knot for that particular streak so you can really bounce back the Milotic's Attract. Any comments on this team and it's potential as a standard for getting the Gold Symbol in the Tower

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • I'm looking for a revenge killer pokemon that is not weak to Fire and Ground. (Resistance or neutral)
    It is for OU battle.
    Which one can do the job?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm looking for a revenge killer pokemon that is not weak to Fire and Ground. (Resistance or neutral)
    It is for OU battle.
    Which one can do the job?

Flygon@Choice Scarf
    252 Att / 252 speed / 6 hp
    Jolly Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - U-Turn
    - Stone Edge

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Looking for the best moveset for a empoleon at lvl 100
    SubPetaya is probably the most effective moveset.

SubPetaya
    Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 12 HP/244 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Agility
    - Substitute
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam / Grass Knot

Switch in on something like a Choice locked move to force the opponent out, Agility, Sub down until Petaya and Torrent activates, and sweep. EVs allow Empoleon to outrun +1 neutral natured Electivire / Yanmega, Scarf Heatran, etc.

Lead
    Empoleon @ Focus Sash / Chople Berry
    EVs: 156 HP/100 Spd/252 SAtk
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stealth Rock
    - Grass Knot / Ice Beam

Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet KOes all the suicide leads; dents Machamp, Metagross, Swampert, and the like; and sets up Stealth Rock. With EVs, Empoleon outspeeds Metagross, Machamp, and Tyranitar.

Specs
    Empoleon @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SAtk
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot
    - Sleep Talk / Hidden Power [Electric] / Hydro Pump

Last move is mainly a filler; Sleep Talk helps with sleep inducers, HP Electric OHKOes Gyarados instead of Grass Knot's 2HKO and does more to Vaporeon and Tentacruel, and Hydro Pump is just a more powerful STAB move.

Agility
    Empoleon @ Life Orb
    EVs: 12 HP/244 Spd/252 SAtk
    - Agility
    - Surf / Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Hydro Pump for more power to make up for the Petaya and Torrent loss. Timid nature can be used to outrun Scarf Rotom-A, Heracross, and Porygon-Z after an Agility.

Defensive
    Empoleon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP/4 Spd/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Surf
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Electric] / Stealth Rock
    - Roar / Ice Beam

Never used this myself, but I heard it was ok. You can use 160 Def EVs to survive two +1 Outrages from Life Orb Kingdra.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I've been wonderin abt this for some time.I used a DDTar, but want 2 switch to THE CB one,which is gettin very popular these days.
    So, does the move "TORMENT" counter it permanently ,or for just 1 turn.Plus, if its for 1 turn, can I use a diff move aftr that turn??
    One more thing-I'm lookin for a ph sweeper in my team,which already has T-Tar.
    I hav a Heracross,Lucario,&a scizor,all adamant & 252 sp& att

SO....
    which is better????

Torment will pretty much cripple Choice Band Tyranitar until it switches out.

Choice Band Tyranitar can work well with Lucario, since tyranitar removes a lot of its checks, aka Cresselia, Rotom-H, etc. Go ahead and try SD Lucario out.

Also I'm looking for a revenge killer that can lure out and crush Gengar, since my new team is pretty weak to it.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Skippy, how is Scarf Rotom? Rotom kinda tends to lure Gengar and Scarf Rotom can OHKO Gengar with Shadow Ball without SR and has a chance to OHKO Gengar with Thunderbolt if it has switched into SR twice. Since Scarf Rotom can be Pursuit bait (you can run something like Lucario or NP/SD Infernape to set up on Pursuit though), you can use Scarf Infernape since Gengar also likes to come in into Ape, outspeed and Shadow Ball for the KO but with Scarf, Ape outspeeds it easily and KO's with Fire Blast (some variants of Gengar survive Fire Blast even with SR up but that's just a 0.2% chance) with SR up. Also Fire Blast has a chance to OHKO without SR up. I haven't run calcs with Overheat but Overheat should OHKO regardless of SR.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
  • I'm planning to register to Alternative's Splitting the Tier contest, the team I'm currently using is here, Lucario and Gengar and Azelf are banned, I am thinking Aerodactyl > Azelf because it can lay down SR quick and might hurt one thing a bit.
    I dunno what to replace Lucario with though, I was thinking SD Heracross, which can hurt things for Dragonite sweep later.
    Also, should Raikou use HP Ice > HP Grass because it's mainly for Swampert so I won't be walled all day long.
    Also, any good Gengar and Dugtrio replacements? I want Gengar's to be a ghost, I'm thinking either one of the Rotom Formes or something like NP Mismagius. I don't know about Dugtrio though.

Back