• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
Years
  • You get Selfdestruct Munchlax in HG/SS too on Winners Path via the pokewalker.

oh cool, this i mite be able to do... only except my pokewalker seemed to have stopped unlocking routes for some reason after Town Outskirts.

which makes no sense because my total WATTS is 14,778 / total STEPS 370,768 according to the strategy guide i should be able to unlock more routes.

could this be becus i have not yet gone thru the Pokemon League?

Hi, sory u guys mite be seeing lots of me in here since i am starting to build my "dream team" for battles. not going for what im told is the best, just what pokemon and movesets i like most. anyway...

im making a Snorlax for defense and with a moveset i think will be fun

Curse
    Rest
    Snore
    Sleep Talk

i like the idea of beating someone while asleep hehe :) im thinking of going with these EVs

252 HP
    252 Def

what do u guys think of this? just looking for some Input/advice. much appreciated :p

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    oh cool, this i mite be able to do... only except my pokewalker seemed to have stopped unlocking routes for some reason after Town Outskirts.

The route is an event lol. Its now over so you will prolly have to AR it.

Hi, sory u guys mite be seeing lots of me in here since i am starting to build my "dream team" for battles. not going for what im told is the best, just what pokemon and movesets i like most. anyway...

im making a Snorlax for defense and with a moveset i think will be fun

Curse
    Rest
    Snore
    Sleep Talk

i like the idea of beating someone while asleep hehe :) im thinking of going with these EVs

252 HP
    252 Def

what do u guys think of this? just looking for some Input/advice. much appreciated :p

Snore sucks. Use Body Slam.

Remove Sleep Talk for Fire Punch so you can actually hit Ghosts and Metagross and Skarm etc.

168 HP / 120 Def / 220 sp.def @ Careful please so you take hits from both sides of the spectrum with Curse.

nm legend

Years
  • need help on scissor!!

hey i just started ev training....one of my first projects was a wall scissor....i trained it to lv 50 and was disapionted heres his stats
    (adamant)
    169/184/108/57/100/76 AT LEVEL 50 remember that....

i need an opinion cuz it looks bad to me but for comparison..
    heres my first scissor BUT HES AT LEVEL 60 remember that..
    (bold)
    158/175/154/80/124/107

any help/opinions would be greatly appreciated THANKS

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Stats depend on IV's and Nature, not only ev's..
    So your first scizor might have an +def nature, whilst your second doesn't. Same thing for IV's. These are things you need to think of..

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Help me make a team?

Hi, I'm looking to get into competitive pokemon battling, and I thought I'd ask on here for a possible team. I was thinking about a sandstorm team, but I have no idea where to start. I love Hippowdon, and was thinking of using him or Tyranitar as my lead. But all suggestions are welcome! Also, could you please keep the suggestions to a single battle format (OU, UU) and include what format it's in in your post? I really don't know much, but I really want to give this a try!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I'm looking to get into competitive pokemon battling, and I thought I'd ask on here for a possible team. I was thinking about a sandstorm team, but I have no idea where to start. I love Hippowdon, and was thinking of using him or Tyranitar as my lead. But all suggestions are welcome! Also, could you please keep the suggestions to a single battle format (OU, UU) and include what format it's in in your post? I really don't know much, but I really want to give this a try!
    This should benefit you, and one of the tutors could help. I can't suggest much because I don't have enough experience with sandstorm teams, but remember that not all the Pokemon need to be immune to sandstorm (common thought).

LuVrDiSC

pokéGirL Power !
    Years
  • Hi question of the nature/stat/EV kind :)

if my pokemon is Bold, so it gets +Def ... is there anyway to kno what that stat will be at Lv 100 w/o having EVs into it? justa normal poke, not flawless or Hackd

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
  • I don't think so, because just by training it up it will have evs, i guess you could check the ivs and work it out, but it'll be different after you've trained it unless you level it up with daycare or rare candies.

Question, is there any real counter to subsplit gengar after it sets up a sub, because my team has quite a lot of trouble with it and always loses at least one member to it, help plox.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Hi question of the nature/stat/EV kind :)

if my pokemon is Bold, so it gets +Def ... is there anyway to kno what that stat will be at Lv 100 w/o having EVs into it? justa normal poke, not flawless or Hackd

It really depends on what the IVs of it are. If you look at Shoddy and look at the chosen Pokemon, you can set the nature to Bold, with no IVs, and it will give you the stat.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Question, is there any real counter to subsplit gengar after it sets up a sub, because my team has quite a lot of trouble with it and always loses at least one member to it, help plox.

Spiritomb, Togekiss and a Blissey with special attacks (I use Shadow Ball to troll Rotom-A too) work great against it.

CroKou (CM, T-Bolt, Rest, Sleep Talk) (216 speed /42 s.def/max hp timid nature) owns it.

Bulky waters@ recovery and good s.def also beat it now it lacks T-Bolt. See : Vaporeon, Suicune and Milotic.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I'm making a random team, not for competitive battles, just for fun. And I have a ralts and want a gallade so I'm EV training ralts. I'm Eving in Attack,?(please suggest), and ?.
    Also I'm making gallade as my offensive pokemon so I also want to know a moveset and why it is good. What ability? (trace or Synchronize) And an item for it.

Currently I'm trying to breed a good Ralts. What nature should I give it? Right now, I'm trying to get Adamant( + Attack, - SPc. ATk).
    So far, I have a Lonely ralts(all are male), Bold, Careful, Calm, Naive, another calm, Brave, YES JUST GOT AN ADAMANT!, and one Lax.

Here is in depth data for each one:
    Spoiler:

So any suggestions? Sorry for a lot of writing.

Last edited:

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • I've been planning out a Trick Room team for use in an NU tournament I'll be having with some friends. I was thinking about using a Seviper with mixed attacks, but I was having trouble coming up with a good EV spread. >_>"

All I really know is that there won't be any speed involved, and I'd really like to give it nice attacking stats on both ends with a decent amount of HP.
    I thought about splitting it with 220 Attack/220 Sp. Attack and the rest in HP, but I wanted to ask before I did it and messed up somehow. :P I haven't decided on the attacks yet either, so feel free to toss in some thoughts about those too if you like.

While I'm at it, I haven't decided between a Brave or Quiet nature either, so any input on that would be lovely as well. I feel dumb asking, but it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm not super experienced with NU battling or making EV spreads, so... x_x"

Last edited:

Darkhunter101

Ice Trainer
    Years
  • You could always try this:

Seviper@Life Orb
    Brave Nature
    220 Attack, 220 Speed, 68 HP (having 252 in both attacking stats would probably be better, seeing as seviper is f(r)ail)
    -Earthquake
    -Poison Jab
    -Flamethrower
    -Giga Drain/Crunch

Earthquake ohko's Probopass, and 2hkos Bastiodon, i think. :x
    Poison jab for STAB. (OMG I RHYMED)
    Flamethrower for the multitude of NU bugs.
    Crunch gets Haunter, Espeon, Banette and Unown (lol)
    Giga drain gets frail waters like luvdisc (omg scary luvdisc ;___;)
    I suggest crunch though :x

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm making a random team, not for competitive battles, just for fun. And I have a ralts and want a gallade so I'm EV training ralts. I'm Eving in Attack,?(please suggest), and ?.
    Also I'm making gallade as my offensive pokemon so I also want to know a moveset and why it is good. What ability? (trace or Synchronize) And an item for it.

Currently I'm trying to breed a good Ralts. What nature should I give it? Right now, I'm trying to get Adamant( + Attack, - SPc. ATk).
    So far, I have a Lonely ralts(all are male), Bold, Careful, Calm, Naive, another calm, Brave, YES JUST GOT AN ADAMANT!, and one Lax.

Here is in depth data for each one:
    Spoiler:

So any suggestions? Sorry for a lot of writing.

These are the preferred and standard movesets:

Gallade @ Life Orb
    Jolly / Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Stone Edge / Ice Punch

This is for sweeping. Close Combat is the main STAB move, with Psycho Cut for Ghost-type Pokemon and Pokemon that resist CC. Stone Edge is for Flying-types like Gyarados, but Ice Punch can be used for Celebi, Gliscor, and Zapdos. 252 Speed is used to speed tie with other base 80's such as Togekiss.

or

Gallade @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
    Jolly / Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch / Stone Edge
    - Trick

Choice Band is more for denting stuff and opening up a sweep for another Pokemon, while Scarf is for revenge killing +1 Adamant Dragonite and Gyarados (if you use Jolly nature). The moves hit the same Pokemon listed in the SD moveset. Trick is for removing your Choice item when you don't want it, to cripple a wall, lock a sweeper into using a set-up move, etc.

So, use the Adamant Ralts. Also, ability won't matter because both Trace and Synchronize change to Steadfast when evolving into Gallade.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2010
    Rhydon

So yeah, idk if anyone did this but im asking anyone. Have you taught Thunderpunch (or any other electric move) on a Lightning Rod Rhydon and used it in battle and the attack was brought back to itself.

Just wondering because this would be the most awkward situation ever in competive battling so tell me if you know

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • So yeah, idk if anyone did this but im asking anyone. Have you taught Thunderpunch (or any other electric move) on a Lightning Rod Rhydon and used it in battle and the attack was brought back to itself.

Just wondering because this would be the most awkward situation ever in competive battling so tell me if you know

Using sheer logic, it won't. Otherwise, Manectric would have a "shocking" lack of STAB.

Also, why would you use Rhydon when Rhyperior is better, and Lightningrod when Rock Head/Rhyperior's Solid Rock is better? ._.

Back