• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
Years
  • ಠ_ಠ

Did you seriously suggest this?

lol that is soon to go on my "to sig" list.

Anyway, I'm actually calling out for help on this. After trying a few times with UU, my team has, on a horrible account, lost every single match. I'm looking for a lead that is similar to my OU lead; bulky, set up SR, and serve as an "anti-lead"

Anyone have any suggestions? I got nothing ._.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • lol that is soon to go on my "to sig" list.

Anyway, I'm actually calling out for help on this. After trying a few times with UU, my team has, on a horrible account, lost every single match. I'm looking for a lead that is similar to my OU lead; bulky, set up SR, and serve as an "anti-lead"

Anyone have any suggestions? I got nothing ._.

Anti-leads are usually worthless since they just hinder the opposing Pokemon but don't actually stop it from achieving its goal. Being able to stand up to common leads should be a priority, but "stopping" them probably shouldn't be, realistically.

For a bulky SR setter, Registeel is a good call, since only stuff like Moltres is going to KO it. It very much has a problem with Taunt, but so do like, all bulky SR leads lol. Regirock works similarly, but is a lot easier to scare away. It can actually hurt stuff, though.

Miltank is actually a really good option too. It's really fast (100 base speed) and very bulky as well, and makes a great supporter in general. It actually has recovery too. I don't know how good of a lead it is though.

Rhys29

Kakuna=BestWallEver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    ಠ_ಠ

Did you seriously suggest this?
    Yes? Pressure Stall Aerodactyl cripples sweepers and scouts well. Weavile would just hit harder. I'm more for making sets that are anything but standard and making them work.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Yes? Pressure Stall Aerodactyl cripples sweepers and scouts well. Weavile would just hit harder. I'm more for making sets that are anything but standard and making them work.

Weavile doesn't have a 100 base power STAB attack though. I'm all for creativity, but I doubt that will work in a metagame littered with Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Skarmory, and Reflect. It could screw over Bronzong's Gyro Ball though.

The best PP staller I know of is Zapdos. I'm not a big fan of them though since usually there are more important things to be taken care of than worrying about PP.

Years
  • Hows this for a special sweeper in a TR team.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
    Quiet
    252 hp/252 sp.att/6 def
    ~Protect
    ~Eruption
    ~Earth power
    ~Overheat/Hidden power ???(which)

Note:This is in doubles being used alongside rhyperior.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Ah, Sporepuncher Breloom. One of my favorite sets.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb / Life Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb
    - Stone Edge

Realistically, you don't need max Speed, but I ran it just in case (and it can be worth it). An alternative EV spread is Jolly @ 252 Atk / 64 Def / 192 Spd, which outruns 36 Speed Zapdos and Celebi. You lose power though, and while sleeping Zapdos is cool, Adamant is better.

EDIT: Don't use the SD set. It sucks.

Aaaaaannndd bam, you've answered two questions right there. I was thinking SD, but you saved me the trouble.

But I should ask, Mach Punch doesn't really fit there, right?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hows this for a special sweeper in a TR team.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
    Quiet
    252 hp/252 sp.att/6 def
    ~Protect
    ~Eruption
    ~Earth power
    ~Overheat/Hidden power ???(which)

Note:This is in doubles being used alongside rhyperior.

Whats the point in protect, yay lets stall out our own trick room ._.

Boom or a hp >> it.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I run Eruption / Earth Power / HP Rock / Explosion @ Quiet/Brave - Life Orb - 252 ATK / 252 SATK / 4 HP

It's awesome.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Yes? Pressure Stall Aerodactyl cripples sweepers and scouts well. Weavile would just hit harder. I'm more for making sets that are anything but standard and making them work.

Aerodactyl has a better defensive typing, isn't hurt by Sandstorm, has a recovery move, Roar and Whirlwind and a 100 BP STAB attack.

I'm all for creative sets, but there are some things that just. don't. work.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Aaaaaannndd bam, you've answered two questions right there. I was thinking SD, but you saved me the trouble.

But I should ask, Mach Punch doesn't really fit there, right?

It's not unusable or anything, but you're going to get walled by a lot more stuff. Focus Punch does a lot to Hippowdon and the gang already, but Seed Bomb lets Breloom always beat Swampert one on one 100% of the time and it hits Suicune/Hippowdon harder...though Focus Punch does a lot already. The difference is that Focus Punch requires Spore or sub, or it's no good. Once Sleep Clause is in effect, those bulky grounds and waters will be much harder for a SporePuncher Breloom to take down, so Seed Bomb and Stone Edge are almost always better.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • One last question, about Breloom, at least.

What if Sleep Clause is active already? Will Breloom's lack of Speed hurt me much?

In a word, yes. Still, if you can predict, you should be able to beat up switch-ins since Stone Edge hits Salamence and Gyarados fairly hard while Seed Bomb is alright I guess.

If you use it, be sure you have a sure-fire way to be Psychic-types (especially Celebi), since they crush poor Breloom.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Well, what if I were to use him in conjunction with another sweeper on my team? Sort of like a back-up sweeper? Or should I say, 'spare heavy hitter'? Since he resist Pursuit (& almost all forms of passive damage with Toxic Heal), I can switch to say, Flygon easier, rite?

Rhys29

Kakuna=BestWallEver
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2009
    Well, what if I were to use him in conjunction with another sweeper on my team? Sort of like a back-up sweeper? Or should I say, 'spare heavy hitter'? Since he resist Pursuit (& almost all forms of passive damage with Toxic Heal), I can switch to say, Flygon easier, rite?
    Not exactly. Both have a weakness to Ice and it would be fatal to have the poke switching in x4 weak to the same thing that hte current poke is. Fire types switch in very well with Breloom, especially Heatran.

Years
  • Whats the point in protect, yay lets stall out our own trick room ._.

Boom or a hp >> it.
    well i did say im using it along rhyperior din't I?
    and there is that 1 move that hurts all opponents and i am weak to it..it's called Eq.
    now i need to protect myself when rhyperior uses Eq..so yeah i need protect.
    as for hp..should i go for hp rock or sacrifice some hp eves into atack and go for stone edge?

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • well i did say im using it along rhyperior din't I?
    and there is that 1 move that hurts all opponents and i am weak to it..it's called Eq.
    now i need to protect myself when rhyperior uses Eq..so yeah i need protect.
    as for hp..should i go for hp rock or sacrifice some hp eves into atack and go for stone edge?

So you're using two Pokemon with dual x4 Water Weakness along with sharing many common weaknesses together. Brilliant strategy. :|

Years
  • well i will have TR up and most attacks 1hko's things in the BT.so yeah.And bronzong will be up there putting up Tr and putting the pkoemon to sleep.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back