• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    I'm looking at some Double Battle strategies, and I'm rather interested in running two Intimidaters as leads. I'm thinking of having Salamence, with a Heatran to come in to deal with it's weaknesses, and I'm thinking of running a Special Arcanine. What would be a good set to run on them? I'm thinking of having Will-O-Wisp on Arcanine to cripple switch-ins, and something to cripple special sweepers on Mence. Also, what would be a good physical switch-in for Arcanine, preferably with good defenses so that it won't be killed switching in if they target Arcanine with both their Pokemon?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I'm thinking of making a UU (maybe UU and some OU) stall set, and I've been thinking about a Ludicolo for a nice staller, and I need some help thinking up EVs and like nature and stuff for this guy, as he's imcomplete right now.

I was thinking maybe:

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock (Suggestions on what else I could use? This is just for rain dance and stuff)

Trait: Rain Dish

Nature: I was thinking maybe Calm. On the other hand, most of the weaknesses Ludicolo has are usually Physical, so maybe Bold would be better...

EVs: I was thinking some Defence would be handy? Maybe some HP and or Sp. Defence or Sp. Attack. I'm really new to battling in case you can't tell.

Moves:
    Rain Dance
    Toxic
    Leech Seed
    Surf/ Ice Beam

Ice Beam can deal some good damage to some guys, like Flying and Grass, but on the other hand, it will be raining, and I could use some STAB.

Anyways... I think the point of this guy is to slowly whittle down the opponent's health while keeping mine intact. Tell me what you think and maybe offer suggestions?

P.S: Sorry if this is the wrong thread.... I wasn't sure if it'd be here or the Simple Q and A, but this seems more appropriate.

Paradox Dragonite

Don't laugh at my CB Froslass!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I like it, but you could definitely try SubSeed Ludicolo. You could run Sub, Toxic, Leech Seed, Rain Dance, but you'll lose out on an attacking move, so if you want one, you'll have to either give up Rain Dance on this set and set up Rain with someone else, or else just use yours. =3

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Yeah, I'll have to think some more. I think I like the idea of using someone else to set up Rain Dance, possibly get some speed boosts with like Agility, and then Baton Pass so I can outspeed some guys. Whatcha think? If that's the case, suggestions on EVs, Nature and Item?

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Floatzel is fun. You could run Agility, B-Pass, Rain Dance, and Waterfall. Most people expect Floatzel to pass Bulk Up if it's passing at all, so it could be a nice surprise. I'd run Adamant and Damp Rock with Floatzel to maximize the returns you get from Rain Dance and physical STAB in the rain. EVs: 252 HP to take the hits while you set up, 36 Speed to outspeed Adamant Heracross (which you probably won't be fighting) and anything else below 275 Speed. The rest can be split between Defense and Sp.Defense, but if you're worried about a certain threat that can hit harder on one side, move some of those EVs to it.

As for 'Colo, 252 HP, 40 Def, and 216 SpD should work out fine. Leftovers and a Calm nature.

Also keep in mind that I love making gimmicky sets so the use of that Floatzel is at your own discretion. xD

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    That's probably a better question to ask in the Request a Moveset thread, but I'll try to answer it here. xD

I personally hate Salamence (Dragonite for the win!), but he seems to do pretty well with Smogon's Specially Bulky DD set. Click here for Salamence's page.

Assuming you don't want a Choice item on Arcanine, I'd run Will-O-Wisp, Flamethrower (Or Fire Blast), Dragon Pulse for coverage, and perhaps throw Extremespeed in there. Naive nature for increasing speed without gimping your attack stats, and max Special Attack, 188 Speed, and the rest in Attack to boost X-speed. If you're worried about physical attacks hitting Arcanine (IE Rock, Ground, Water...), only Breloom resists all three. xD Weezing should be good for taking physical hits, dodging Ground attacks and having pretty hig Defense.

By the way, I made that Arcanine set myself, but feel free to use Smogon's. I'd probably trust that more than my own creations. xD

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    Exactly.

If you're worried about 'Colo's Defense, you could still go Bold and use the exact same set. You won't sponge as many special hits, but you'll live longer against things like unSTAB Aerial Ace and Poison Jab.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I've got a bit of a problem. I received recently a few Pokemon recently and they're fully EV trained, but I have no idea what in (though I can take a shot in the dark based on its moves and stats). If I level them up to 100, is there a way of getting an approximation and somehow ignoring the effect of IVs?

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • Well... since IVs add from 0-31 extra points in a given stat, and a pokemon with full EVs in a stat will have more than double the added points that a perfect IV'd poke, I'd say you could tell what it was EVd in at lvl 100. You would, of course, have to factor in base stats and natures. I mean you could have a Blissey with 600 HP, but knowing its base stats, it couldn't possibly be fully EV trained in HP.

Just a side note: I'd suggest doing a lvl 100 single wifi battle... much less time consuming and give you the ability to rework the EVs.

Paradox Dragonite

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    If you get their stats at level 100 and use an IV calculator with their supposed EVs, you can probably do a bit of guesswork in regards to the IVs to find the right ones. xP Time consuming, but accurate.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2009
    If you're considering using that many layers of Entry Hazards, then you should really consider a Ghost type for anti-spin. A team always needs support, but Platinum is more offensive.

Why are Ghost in particular good for anti-spin? Surely it depends on what Pokemon the anti spin is, and having abilities like mean look?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Why are Ghost in particular good for anti-spin? Surely it depends on what Pokemon the anti spin is, and having abilities like mean look?

Because Rapid Spin is a normal type move and it doesnt effect ghosts so doesnt remove the entry hazards either.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • MMk, I need help. I'm gonna use Ambipom as a Physical Sweeper, but I basically need help with everything. Moveset, nature (though I'm assuming Adamant), EVs (though I'm assuming Attack and Speed), item, everything. ANy suggestions?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • MMk, I need help. I'm gonna use Ambipom as a Physical Sweeper, but I basically need help with everything. Moveset, nature (though I'm assuming Adamant), EVs (though I'm assuming Attack and Speed), item, everything. ANy suggestions?

Ambipom can't sweep but it's an okay scouting Choice Bander:

Ambipom @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - U-Turn
    - Payback
    - Fire Punch / Brick Break

Ambipom has a lot of options so yeah. A simple enough set.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Flinch and Flee Ambipom also works okay. It comes and picks off things with a Life Orbed, Techinican boosted Fake Out and flees. Ambipom can't really sweep due to horrible defenses and it gets walled alot.

Ambipom @ Life Orb
    Ability : Technician
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - U-Turn
    - Brick Break
    - Payback / Return

Hope that helps :)

Try this if you want,

Detox

How would this set work out for a Physical Shiftry?

Shiftry @ Lifeorb/Focus Sash
    Adamant nature(+ Atk - SpA)
    Chlorophyll Ability
    252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 hp
    -Seed Bomb
    -Sucker Punch
    -Explosion
    -Swords Dance

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • ???? I didn't know that Limbo pokemon could be used in UU... Wait, what???? Isn't the point of Limbo in general (not just pokemon) is that there is nothing in it, and if there was, it wouldn't be Limbo?.....Anyways, that's off-topic.

So I've got my first team planned out, but according to Paradox Dragonite I need a Physical Sweeper, which I guess I agree with, so what do you guys recommend is the best Physical Sweeper in UU, or I guess Limbo as well....

If you want, I can make my own RMT and then you can see what else I have and choose the poke accordingly.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    ???? I didn't know that Limbo pokemon could be used in UU... Wait, what???? Isn't the point of Limbo in general (not just pokemon) is that there is nothing in it, and if there was, it wouldn't be Limbo?.....Anyways, that's off-topic.

So I've got my first team planned out, but according to Paradox Dragonite I need a Physical Sweeper, which I guess I agree with, so what do you guys recommend is the best Physical Sweeper in UU, or I guess Limbo as well....

If you want, I can make my own RMT and then you can see what else I have and choose the poke accordingly.

Gallade, Staraptor, Kabutop (In rain), Absol umm Armaldo is nasty too and there are a few others.

But yeah perhaps a RMT would shed light on things and then allow us/you to decide better on which one to use.

Years
  • I like feraligatr and zangoose,DD varient for gater and SD for goose does well though lack of priority on zagoose hurts.

Anyone know a decent Mixsweeping set for
    TR honckrow?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back