• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rise of Evil and Good (Edited2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]Chapter 1:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kyo was very nervous as they members of team Volcanous led him and a small group of others to a large building off in the distance. He also noticed a girl with them, sense she looked differently then the rest of the team Volcanous, he assumed that she was there leader. Ounce they were inside Selena (As they called her) told him to sit down on one of the seven chairs that stood next to a large table. He turned to sit down and put his hand on the chair, but then he pulled it back with regret, unsure if he would be able to trust these people, they looked pretty serious. He decided to take a chance, so he sat down on the chair, trying to correct his slumped posture, to make himself presentable.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Selena wished us all a good afternoon, which kind of helped ease some of the tension that was building up inside of him. He thought that was a sign that we were in good hands. And that Selena could be trusted, by he still wondered about the rest of team Volcanous, because of how serious their tones were and even their faces looked dull. Kyo quickly turned his attention back to Selena who continued to talk.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"Do any of you know why I've recruited you and put you here? It's because of the destruction that Team Rocket and Team Galactic have caused. For the past few years, Team Rocket and Team Galactic have taken over many towns and cities and I'm afraid that your town might be next. If they get further, they may even take over the world and put us under their control."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kyo was afraid that they were the one's causing this, ever since he was little, Kyo heard stories of team Rocket and team Galactic, taking over towns, and causing mayhem, but he never imagined it could be something as big as taking over the entire world. "That's where you come in. As recruits of Team Volcanous, you receive your first partner." Kyo turned to the center of the room, a pair of members held a container of numerous pokeballs, and there were about seven of them. [/FONT]"You will be able to come up and pick your partner." Selena walked to the container and pressed a button. Kyo watched the glass on the top of the container open. Selena then pointed to each pokeball, naming the Pokémon it contained. "Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, and Gligar."

[FONT=&quot]Kyo immediately turned to the pokeball that contained Turtwig, he had read about Turtwig, and really wanted one of his own ever since he was a small boy. He also heard very great things about It's evolved forms, which are not only grass types like Turtwig, but ground types too, how cool. Kyo rushed towards the pokeball container and grabbed the pokeball that held Turtwig. And he held it tightly, as he walked at a slower pace back to his seat, admiring the pokeball all the way.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Selena then continued talking "You won't go home yet; you'll go through a training mission with your Pokémon."Then several of the members came around and handed everyone a backpack. Kyo didn't even notice it until later, for he had his eyes locked on Selena.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"Inside this backpack is a camp set, five potions, several berries, a map of your surroundings, and ten pokeballs to be used to catch your team while on your training mission. Of course, the Pokémon in this mission can also be used for a practice battle. Beware: wild Pokémon on this practice mission will be strong."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]She motioned to all of them and said, "Come with me." Kyo got out of his chair and followed Selena, and the others to the back part of the building. Another one of the members opened it up and we continued to follow Selena outside, as a member shut and locked the door behind us.[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This is where you will start." Kyo watched as she pointed to a large mountain off in the distance, which was covered with trees. Kyo continued to say nothing, he only watched. "That is where you will end—at the top of that mountain. At the top of the mountain, there will be a surprise for you and I advise being ready for it. Good luck."[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kyo watched as Selena tossed her pokeball up into the air, and after a white flash a large fearow appeared. Kyo continued to watch with amazement as Selena hopped onto the fearow, and rode off into the vast open sky that lied in front of them. Kyo turned to the pokeball that held the new Turtwig he had received, and wondered why this had happened all so fast.

[/FONT]

Last edited:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    Name: Forest Hartend

Personality: Forest is a charismatic, smart, and caring boy who has a horrible sense of direction. His humorous ways always seem to be able to light up the faces of his friends and family members even at the saddest of times. Never able to turn away someone with an ordeal, Forest is right with them with open ears, ready to listen to even the smallest of problems. Being man of his word, to Forest, making a promise is like a sacred oath, one built on trust and on reliance. Forest is a very honest person, telling a lie is an impossible feet for him.
    Forest has a tendency to speak his mind. As much as he tries to stop himself he can't seem to be able to hold down a comment about the subject in hand. This trait can make him seem insensitive to those who do not know him. Even though Forest is intelligent there are things that slip past him so easily. Even the simplest of things can make him confused. It's an annoyance to most, but with some patience, he can be a useful tool.

History: Forest was born into a rich family that was known throughout all of Sinnoh. They believed in a proper education and home schooled Forest. He didn't have any friends giving him a larger bond with the pokemon that his family owned. For years he watched the other kids play outside with their friends only to be called away to begin his lessons.
    On his ninth birthday he asked his parents if he could go to a public school like the rest of the kids he saw every morning. Sadly, the answer was no, but that didn't stop him. For months he would plead to go to a regular school, always keeping hope, just in case that day they would say yes. Finally, when Forest was eleven he was able to go to public schools.
    Since then Forest has excelled in every one of his classes, getting the approval of his teachers and the envies of his fellow students. Not everything was perfect; the threat of Team Galactic coming to his town grew larger everyday. He wanted to help all those people so desperatly, but there was nothing he could do, in twenty minutes he would be off to camp for the whole summer. He sorrowfully packed all of his essentials, along with a few extra snacks, and laid his bag onto the couch. With a sigh he made a silent wish that he could protect the people of his town, the people of all the towns. Suddenly he heard a knock at the door…..

Appearance: Forest is Caucasian with light blue eyes that shimmer in the morning sun. His short light, curly brown hair is hidden under a hand woven straw hat with a red cloth wrapped around it. He wore a jade green vest with a tan short sleeve shirt underneath. In cold weather he would wear a puffy green jacket. He wore black pants that were rolled up at the leg and had a red cloth tied a few centimeters above his ankle. Forest carried around a blue bag which he kept with him wherever he went.

Preferred Starter: Totodile

RP Sample: None

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Sajin: Good post - short but good.

Spoiler:

Kiklion: ACCEPTED. But remember what I told you about the RPs. You may start the First Chapter.

Last edited:
    Years
    Name:Rhys Rose

Personality: Contradictory to his name, Rhys is very lively and slightly clumsy at times. He is often seen outside, as he is in his element outdoors. His activities include running, gymnastics and some other sports. Rhys often gets slightly angry and hyperactive when inside, as he has too much energy. He is always looking to improve himself in whatever he does, although he doesn't succeed in school. He isn't the cleverest, but he tries to learn everything he can. Rhys gets frustrated due to his lack of intelligence, and is often seen fighting or arguing because of his fiery personality. He regrets doing this, and doesn't have many friends because of it. Anxiety and sometimes depression are some of Rhys' problems, and his activities help him to think clearly when in need of it. Rhys is also very loyal to his close friends and family, and will do almost anything to protect them. He is always willing to stand up for his cause, whether it be small or big.

History: Rhys has lived in New Bark Town with his parents for all of his life. His grandparents lived with him for years too; but they mysteriously disappeared after a Team Galactic protest when Rhys was 11. He has always known that Team Galactic were behind it, and has sworn to find his grandparents and help defeat Team Galactic, whatever the costs.

Rhys' parents have always disapproved of his vows to extract revenge, discouraging him from beliveing that Team Galactic were behind it. However, when Rhys' grandparents disappeared, his parents got worse each year. They also, were activists against Team Galactic and their ways, but soon stopped protesting, and lived their lives. There is hardly any life in them any more, and Rhys hates it. He hopes that defeating Team Galactic will stop that.

A week or two ago, Rhys found an injured Bulbasaur, which he looked after and got it back to full health. He encouraged the Bulbasaur to go back into the wild, but it stayed with Rhys as the two became quite close during Bulbasaur's recuperation.

Appearance: Rhys is an average size for his age, and is fairly muscular due to his activities. He has medium, thick dark-brown hair, that is usually hidden by a red cap that is worn back to front. He has freckles, that are now quite faint on his round, slightly tanned face. He has big, brown-coloured eyes that give an impression of darkness and mystery, but also hope and happiness. Rhys has a fairly unnoticeably small nose, which compliments his eyes. He has bright red lips, that almost seem to be altered by make-up (although this isn't true). He wears a black t-shirt underneath a red-coloured vest jumper, along with short cut blue jeans that are purposely designed to look torn and scruffy. He wears trainers, in order to get around easier and run about when needed.

Preferred Starter: Bulbasaur :]

RP Sample: (From Dark Pokemon Energy)

Spoiler:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    ACCEPTED, but you won't get Bulbasaur in the wild, you will be getting it from Selena.

You may start the first part.

Now, Scarecrow113 and Sajin may start Part II.
    ---

Chapter One

Part II

2 - 5 Posts

After meeting your partner, you start into the forest. On your map, it's called "The Willowing Woods" and you wonder why. The forest is tight with trees but there is a dirt path ahead. You decide to take it the easy way, but watch out! Just as Selena warned, wild Pokemon live in this forest and hate to be disturbed.

Here are the Pokemon in "The Willowing Woods":

Very Common:

Caterpie
    Levels 5 – 7
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot

Weedle
    Levels 5 – 7
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot

Common:

Metapod
    Levels 6 – 9
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Harden

Kakuna
    Levels 6 – 9
    Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Harden

Uncommon:

Pidgey
    Levels 5 – 9
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust

Starly
    Levels 5 – 9
    Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust

Spinarak
    Levels 5 – 9
    Moves: Poison Sting, String Shot, Scary Face

Rare:

Natu
    Levels 5 – 9
    Moves: Peck, Leer, Night Shade

Very Rare:

Heracross
    Level 10
    Moves: Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack

After you travel through the woods, you expect to see the large mountain Selena pointed out. But you don't. As the trees finally clear, you see a large grassland, not a mountain. You sigh. This was much harder than you thought...

Last edited:
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]My parents were out. I was prepared to leave for a journey. I had everything packed. I was going to leave home and finally defeat Team Galactic for what they did. But I didn't. This was because just as I was heading downstairs, my doorbell rang. At first, I assumed that it was a package or something, or maybe my friend wanted me to come out with him. But it wasn't. I opened the door, expecting the unhappy, discontent face of the postman, or the cheerful, enthusiastic smile of my friend. However, what was in front of me was uncommon. She was a woman. At first, I assumed it was my mother's friend, or someone looking for directions. But as I looked down, I noticed her black, labelled jacket. I assumed it was someone from Galactic, or Team Rocket. But her friendly smile convinced me otherwise. It was warming and inviting; perhaps even seductive in a strange way.
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] Her reason for coming to my door was simple – she wanted my help; apparently I was being recruited into Team "Volcanis". The name seemed slightly sinister, although she told me otherwise.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]"We're nothing like Team Rocket and Team Galactic, Rhys. We only wish to stop the terror that the evil groups brought upon the regions of the Pokémon world."[FONT=&quot] This was what she told me. I accepted – who could deny an opportunity like this? I could finally stop the evil organisations that have ruined the lives of many friends and family. I could succeed in my lifelong goal. So, after leaving that note that I had prepared earlier, I join Selena (I think that is her name) and board a ferry onto an island. There were other people too; people like me. I was slightly disappointed with this, as I hoped that I was special. But I'm not.[/FONT]
    [/FONT] [FONT=&quot] She took all of us – the trainers, that is – into a small building with seven chairs in it (counting the trainers, I realised there were seven of us.) We were all quiet, listening to Selena talk in front of everyone. I had no idea of how I was going to help in this situation, but it was soon revealed to all of us.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] "That's where you come in. As recruits to Team Volcanis, you receive your first partner." I watched as two Volcanis members brought a large container of Pokéballs out to the middle of the room. There were seven Pokéballs in total – one for each trainer, without a doubt. "You will be able to come up and pick your partner." Selena walked next to the container and pressed a button. The glass on top of the container opened and she pointed at each Pokéball, saying the Pokémon it contained. "There is Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, and Gligar." She instructed all of us to come up to select a Pokémon, in turn. She pointed to me, and I looked at the few remaining Pokéballs. Of all of them, there was only one that appealed to me – the Bulbasaur. After all, I looked after a Bulbasaur for two weeks before it returned to the wild. Hopefully, this one would be the same. Selena went back to talking again, "You won't go home yet; you'll go through a training mission with your Pokémon." Several members came around and handed me a backpack. "Inside this backpack is a camp set, five potions, several berries, a map of your surroundings, and ten Pokéballs to be used to catch your team while on your training mission. Of course, the Pokémon in this mission can also be used for a practice battle. Beware: Wild Pokémon on this practice mission will be strong." Selena instructed us to go with her to a back door, and she pointed to a mountain that could be seen over a forest of trees. "At the top of the mountain, there will be a surprise for you and I advise being ready for it. Good luck." She said, as she flew away on her Fearow.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]This is where I am now. I must go through the forest and get to the mountain. So far, it is all a blur right now.[/FONT]

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Dawn's Hat: A bit short, but paragraphs are good otherwise.

Spoiler:

You may start Part II.

Years
    When they allowed them, Shelby walked slowly and cautiously into the forest. She brought out Charmander, just to see what it was like. The minute Charmander popped out of the pokeball, it gave a cry and tried to hide behind her leg. Timid nature, she realized, looking down at the small Pokémon. She carefully bent down to her knees and looked Charmander in the face. It was trembling, and Shelby didn't think it liked the prospect of being outside its pokeball too much. She smiled a little at it in an attempt to reassure him.

"C-char," it said.

"Ready to take this on, Charmander?" Shelby asked, trying to pump up its spirit even just a little bit. Charmander looked around tentatively before nodding. The nod didn't seem too reassuring to Shelby, but she accepted it anyway. "How about you walk out with me?" she questioned. She hoped that Charmander wouldn't mind, because she really didn't want to have to go through be outside in a giant woods filled with Pokémon alone. Charmander seemed to agree, as it went back to clinging to her leg.

They began to walk through the forest, Shelby occasionally looking at the map to make sure they were going in the correct direction. So far she hadn't seen any other of the people who had been in the room with her, but she wondered if that would change. The forest was dark and still, she couldn't even see if any Pokémon were roaming around in the forest. This isn't creepy at all, she thought. Her mind was a bit unsteady, because it was so full of suspicion. That was one thing she hadn't about herself; how much she didn't trust other people.

A noise from a tree above startled them and made Charmander jump. A Caterpie hopped down out of the tree, and it looked rather mad. Charmander attempted to hide behind Shelby's pant leg again. She pushed it forward, "It'll be good experience, Charmander." Charmander stood, finally facing the Caterpie. Shelby frowned and then remembered what its attacks were. The Caterpie was quick, however, and got in a string shot before Shelby could say anything.

"Charmander use your scratch attack to break that string!" Shelby shouted. Charmander scratched at the string, looking half frantic. Shelby frowned, but felt a little better when Charmander got out of the string. "Now attack Caterpie with scratch!" she called. Charmander hesitated at first, but then ran at the Caterpie and used a scratch attack. It hit the Caterpie dead on, but that only seemed to make the Caterpie angrier. Shelby paled slightly when Charmander began to run back to her. She shook her head and pointed it back to the Caterpie.

Caterpie then charged at Charmander in a tackle attack. Shelby told Charmander to dodge, and it did so. The Caterpie chased Charmander around, trying to hit it. Shelby felt her eye beginning to twitch. Then she told Charmander to turn around and use scratch, but when it did its tail hit Caterpie in the face. Shelby knew this was no attack and merely an accident, but the flame on its tail seemed to hurt the Caterpie. It cried out and hopped away from Charmander, which seemed to give Charmander a little more confidence in itself. This time Charmander's attack hit the mark, slashing Caterpie and almost making it faint. Caterpie went off to hide, and Shelby let it. She wasn't going to be cruel and finish the fight.

"Good job, Charmander!" Shelby said. Charmander walked over to her, it was still a little hesitant but she could tell Charmander was definitely doing better. Shelby decided that keeping Charmander outside of its pokeball was probably a good idea, especially for a forest with this many wild Pokémon.

They walked some more until they came to a small stream. Shelby cupped her hands and took a drink out of it. Charmander watched her curiously, before trying to do the same. It lost its balance and almost fell into the river, but Shelby grabbed it. Charmander looked even more startled now, so Shelby frowned and then got a leaf to hold some water. She handed the leaf with water to Charmander, who drank the water. Well…crisis adverted, she thought in slight amusement.

She thought of how Selena had told them they needed to catch Pokémon in here to be their partners, and frowned. Shelby wondered just how many Pokémon were in this area. There had to be a lot for them to build their team here. Unless we can still catch more later on, she mused. She stood up and looked down at Charmander. Then she nodded her head towards the mountain, and they continued on their way again.

A snap from a branch told Shelby that another wild Pokémon was hiding up in a tree. She told Charmander to get ready, just incase. A small birdlike head poked through the leaves of the tree, and Shelby recognized the Pokémon as a Pidgey. The Pidgey looked annoyed for being disturbed, and immediately swooped down from its nest. Shelby told Charmander to dodge the attack, and Charmander did in the nick of time.

"Charmander use growl!" Shelby commanded, pointing to the hovering Pidgey. Charmander let out a fierce (well, as fierce as it could manage) growl. Pidgey shivered a bit, and then went in for another attack. Shelby told Charmander to meet it with a scratch attack at full power. Charmander, who seemed to be light on his feet, dodged the Pidgey's attack but still got its wing when it used its own attack. Pidgey cawed and flew back away from Charmander. Then it began to move its wings furiously, and Shelby soon realized that it was a gust attack. Shelby tried to tell Charmander to dodge the attack, but it couldn't hear her over the winds and got thrown into a tree instead.

"Char!" it cried out, slumping slightly. Shelby then told it to use another scratch attack, because she saw the Pidgey going in for another dive-like tackle. Charmander dodged the attack, and Pidgey's beak got stuck in the tree. Charmander scratched it again, and Pidgey made a noise as it furiously tried to get unstuck. Charmander tugged it out and half flung it, sending Pidgey flapping into the sky. It was panting and looked tired, but so did Charmander.

"Ok Charmander, use growl again and follow up with a scratch!" Shelby called. Charmander growled at the Pidgey again. When Pidgey swooped down, Charmander leapt into the air and met it in a clash of Charmander's claws and Pidgey's beak. The small cloud of dust cleared, and the Pidgey was lying on the ground, looking exhausted. Shelby threw one of the ten pokeballs at it and watched as it began to shake.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Scarecrow113: Congratulations! Charmander grew to Level 6.

Spoiler:

You can go on to your next post!

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    Part 1​

The one who knocked at my door was a lady named Selena. Apparently she was apart of some sort of clan called Team Volcanis. She led me, and many other people, to a small warehouse. Upon entering I noticed that it was fairly old. The walls were stained with what looked like rust and some of the paint was pealing off the walls. They must have just picked this place out, Ithought, well, at least it doesn't reek. One of what looked like the members escorted me over to a seat and kindly asked me to sit. This can't be a trick, I said to myself as I began to sit down, if they were planning a trap they wouldn't have been that nice, and if they were faking I would've seen a look of scorn. I turned my attention to the door in the back, and they probably would've blocked the doors too. Bit what if… My thoughts were cut off when Selena began to speak.

"Good afternoon, all of you," she starts, her voice concerned yet unshaken. "Do any of you know why I've recruited you and put you here? It's because of the destruction that Team Rocket and Team Galactic have caused. For the past few years, Team Rocket and Team Galactic have taken over many towns and cities and I'm afraid that your town might be next. If they get farther, they may even take over the world and put us under their control." There teamed up with Team Rocket!? How come I was unaware of this? And their plan is to take over the world? How do they plan to accomplish such a feet? This new information began to make me uneasy. "That's where you come in. As recruits to Team Volcanis, you receive your first partner." Selena turned her attention to the center of the room where two of their members pushed a cart of Pokeballs, there were seven in all. "You will be able to come up and pick your partner." Selena walked next to the container and pressed a small, round button on the end of the container. The glass on top opened slowly and she pointed at each Pokeball, saying the Pokemon it contained. "Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig, and Gligar."

I remembered that I had owned at least one of each of those same types of pokemon at his home, all of the capabilities and attacks were already etched in his mind. Anyone of them would be a good choice. "When I point to you, I want you to come up and take the Pokemon you want." After a few of the other people in the warehouse grabbed their pokemon Selena pointed towards me. I got up slowly and walked over to the container. Turtwig, Charmander, and Bulbasaur were gone; I only had a few choices left. I took several moments to evaluate all of my choices through my mind. I realized that I was probably making a fool of myself by standing up here so long. I quickly took Totodile, and, nearly tripping on the way, walked back to my seat.

After the rest of the group obtained their pokemon Selena went back to talking. "You won't go home yet; you'll go throw a training mission with your Pokemon." Several members come around with backpacks; I was handed one. "Inside this backpack is a camp set, five potions, several berries, a map of your surroundings, and ten Pokeballs to be used to catch your team while on your training mission. Of course, the Pokemon in this mission can also be used for a practice battle. Beware: Wild Pokemon on this practice mission will be strong." I sat their for a while wonder what I would do with this backpack. I already owned one, and I had brought it with me, maybe they'll let me switch it. Just when I was about to ask Selena turned towards me and called, "Come with me." She said almost sternly. Why does she need me, above everyone else to go? I wondered as I got up from my seat, picked up the second bag, and followed her. We went into a back door leading outside. I noticed it was getting dark. I turned towards Selena waiting for hat it was she wanted. "This is where you will start." She points to a mountain visible over a large forest of trees. "That is where you will end – at the top of that mountain. At the top of the mountain, there will be a surprise for you and I advise being ready for it. Good luck."
    She then threw a Pokeball into the air and in a blinding flash of light a Fearow appears. She mounted the Fearow and before she left she said, "And remember, I will be watching." I watched as the Fearow effortlessly lifted her into the air and gracefully soared through the sky.

Now alone I realized that I still had a problem with my two backpacks. I emptied out the bag they gave me and placed the items inside of my bag, and then I neatly rolled up the second bag and placed it in mine. I then zipped up the backpack and lugged it over my shoulders. Reaching into my pocket I took out the PokeBall and released Totodile. Right after it appeared it chanted its name three times and looked at me with puzzlement. Chuckling to myself I crouched down towards the pokemon.

"Hey, I'm just as surprised as you are, this is all completely unplanned."

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Kiklion: Good post!

Spoiler:

You may continue.

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    Kyo first relesed his newly obtained turtwig from It's small pokeball. The turtwig came out with a flash of whit light, and stood there on all fours. turtwig took one look at the large mountain ahead of them, and cowered behind Kyo's leg. Kyo tried to reussure the little pokemon, that it wasn't as dangerous as it looked, but he still wasn't very sure of that himself. Kyo tried to set a good example for the pokemon, and started walking up the dirt path that led to the mountain. after he had walked a few steps, he usured for the little pokemon to follow him up the mountain. Turtwig nervously took a step forward, but flinched when It's foot hit the ground. Turtwig started to take back It's foot, but it gave up struggling to decided what to do, so it reluctlently followed Kyo up the dirt path into the large forest that lay in front of them.

Kyo, and turtwig, walked in to the very outskirts of the forest, which was hard because of how closely the trees were packed together. Kyo had a lot of trouble just getting in. Ounce they were safely inside the forest, they both felt relived, because the forest was not as scary as they had made it look like back there. At that moment both Kyo and turtwig heard movement to the left of them so they turned in that direction. Luckily it was only a large group of metapod of in a tree. While they were so preoccupied with the metapod, they didn't notice a small caterpie that was coming up from behind them, and it was ready to use It's tackle attack. Kyo then noticed the small bug pokemon out of the corner of his eye, and right at that split second Kyo turned around, and turtwig did the same.

The wild caterpie charged at Kyo's turtwig, with amazing speed. Turtwig then looked up at his new trainer to recive It's first orders as his pokemon. "Alright turtwig, try to get around the caterpie, and catch it off guard with your tackle." Said Kyo with new enthusiasm in his tone. Tuet wig did just that, it jumped out of the way right before caterpie hit, and knocked the little bug pokemon off It's balance, by hitting it with a tackle to the side. The caterpie remained on It's side unable to get up, and still in shock from the tackle."Alright turtwig finish up this battle with your tackle attack." Turtwig did as it was told and hit the enemy pokemon, before it had a chance to get up, and defend itself. But with amazing stamina the caterpie got up and charged at turtwig. Turtwig wasn't ready this time, and was it it the side. Turtwig toppeled over on to the ground."Tutwig jump up and tackle it." Turtwig did what he was told and came down upon caterpie like a ton of bricks. Caterpie made one more small cry before it stoped squirming, and fainted.

Just before Kyo could congratulate his new pokemon, for winning It's first battle ever, more rustling came from another side of the deep dark parts of the forest. A small pidgey flew down from on of the taller trees in the forest with amazing speed, and swooped up the fallen caterpie that lied before them and brought it up to a branch of another tree that sttod on the other side of them. with another snapping of branches the small flying pokemon mad another dive to the ground, but this time it flapped It's wings harder when it came close to the ground, and made all the dirt fly up makin it hard to see.

Turtwig and Kyo had a hard time seeing, because of the dirt, so they didn't see when pidgey came back down again to try for another dive tackle. Niether Kyo nor turtwig could see this one coming, so it it hit on the mark, knocking turtwig back in to the cold hard ground another three or four feet from where he orignally was. Kyo was able to clear the dirt and sand, while turtwig got up and was ready for the wild pidgey's next attack. Pidgey was getting ready to use It's gust attack to blow more sand there way when Kyo told Turtwig to use It's tackle in the air. It cought the wild pidgey off guard, and it flew to the ground. Turtwig then hit it with another tackle before sending it to the ground. Kyo then through his pokeball at the wild pidgey, and waited to see if he had captured it while the pokeball continued to shake on the ground.

Last edited:
    Years
    Chapter 1: Part 2

I open my bag, getting out a map of the area. The forest up ahead is named "The Willowing Woods", and I wonder how apt the name really is. I also notice a dirt path, which will undoubtedly make the path easier. But how easier? I ask myself, still contemplating over Selena's words about the wild Pokémon. If there were any obstacles in the way, there may be some trouble. But if I ever want to defeat Team Galactic, this will only be a fraction as difficult as that road will be. My knowledge of Pokémon is quite limited as it is; although I manage to conjure the idea that there will be Bug Pokémon up ahead. This would be bad news for Bulbasaur – I think that Grass is weak against Bug. However, Bug Pokémon aren't naturally strong either. Perhaps that will be an advantage on the road ahead. Perhaps it is irrelevant. I do not know yet.
    I carry on for ten more minutes without interruption. I hope that the rest of the way will be just as easy, but I know in the back of my head that I am wrong. Finally, I come across a wild Pokémon wanting to battle. I look at it, noticing it is slightly tired and weak. It is a brown bug, although I don't know what this is, so I get my Pokédex out to find out:

"Weedle, the Bug Pokémon. It eats its weight in leaves every day, and it fends off attackers with the needle on its head."
    So this is a Weedle. I am unsure whether to catch it or not, as it is still slightly weak. However, one extra Pokémon would be a great addition to my team of so-far one. The Weedle looks blankly at me, not backing down from its challenge. I put my Pokédex away, and reach for my Pokéballs. There is only one I am after – simply because it is my only Pokémon at this time. I bring out the Pokéball and point it towards the path in front of me.

"Go, Bulbasaur!"
    I shout, as Bulbasaur comes out of its Pokéball. I have never held a Pokéball before, but it feels so strangely natural to me. As I instruct my new Pokémon to come out, a white flash emanates from the Pokéball, revealing the shape of my Bulbasaur. He looks eager to battle straight away, although he also seems cheerful. I take an instant liking to my new Bulbasaur, and I think the feeling is compulsory, as he turns around, waiting for an instruction.

Bulbasaur vs. Weedle

Right now, I only know of two attacks that Bulbasaur can use, so I select one of them, hoping that he knows it. "Bulbasaur, Tackle!" I shout, and he obeys me, running into the Weedle at a high speed. The Weedle is thrown backwards a few yards – it is now tired, unlike my refreshed Bulbasaur. He was wide awake, and I can hear the excitement in his cries of "Bulba". I chuckle, as the Weedle comes back for more. I then decide to catch the Weedle, after that decision to come back. It was very eager for battle. It launched itself into Bulbasaur, head first. I think it was a Tackle. Bulbasaur is barely affected by it, as he is quite heavy. "Hang in there, Bulbasaur!" I cry, knowing that my Bulbasaur will win the battle. As I say this, Weedle shoots a white string from its mouth, aiming for my Bulbasaur. "Dodge, Bulbasaur!" my Bulbasaur does exactly that, easily moving to the left as the String Shot fades away on the ground. Bulbasaur once again turns around, looking at me expectantly. It is very dependant on me, and I must not let it down. "Don't let any of its attacks hit you, Bulbasaur! You're doing great so far!" Weedle goes for another Tackle, and once again, Bulbasaur dodges with ease. It lands hard, although it gets up again, and aims for another Tackle. Bulbasaur dodges, although I notice that he is slightly sluggish this time. He is getting tired quickly, and I realise that I must try and end this soon. If Bulbasaur is tired, the rest of the journey will be a lot tougher.
    Bulbasaur turns around once more, probably noticing the same thing that I did. He has no marks on him yet, but his legs are shaking slightly. He lets out a familiar cry of "'Saur" and scrapes his feet on the dusty floor, like a Tauros in a ring. Weedle is up again – one more missed attack and it would perhaps be out of it. However, I'm not quite sure if Bulbasaur could dodge another one. "Bulbasaur, use Growl!" I instruct, as my ever-loyal Pokémon emits a growl, weakening the Weedle even more. "Bulbasaur, go for a Tackle!" my Bulbasaur charges for Weedle, however, the Weedle dodges the attack, moving in the same way as it was trying to Tackle Bulbasaur earlier. I try again, "Bulbasaur, go for another tackle!" this time, my Bulbasaur succeeds its attempt to attack Weedle, sending it back a few yards. I look closely at the Weedle, and notice that this time, it won't be getting up. "Well done, Bulbasaur." I say, pleasing my Pokémon, as I reach for one of my empty Pokéballs. It takes a while, but I eventually grasp one in my palm, and throw it carefully at Weedle. I am a good aim, and that proved itself as the Pokéball latches onto Weedle, engulfing it in a white flash. The Weedle was in the Pokéball. I had done it!

"Yes!"
    I cry, although my excitement was short-lived. I realise that the Pokéball is moving about. The Weedle was struggling, and my inexperience embarrassed me here. I thought I had done it, but Weedle escaped the Pokéball, sending the device straight back to my hands. I curse for a few seconds, and Bulbasaur looks at me mockingly. It wasn't snobbery; Bulbasaur found it quite funny. I look humorously at Bulbasaur, before commanding it again, "Tackle, Bulbasaur!" Weedle was strong enough to resist the Pokéball, but not of my Bulbasaur's attack, as it fell backwards once again. I throw the ball once more, as it engulfs Weedle once more. The ball began to shake once more – would it work this time?

Years
    When the pokeball finally settled down, a big grin took its place on Shelby's countenance. Charmander cried out and hopped up and down. She grabbed the pokeball and then turned to Charmander. She patted it on the head and said, "You did amazing Charmander." Charmander looked immensely happy. Then it looked at the pokeball in Shelby's hand and tapped the button, releasing Pidgey.

Pidgey came out of the pokeball, and Shelby had to admit that it didn't look very happy to be recently caught. She frowned and got closer to the Pidgey. Pidgey flapped its wings unhappily. Shelby frowned and then looked down at Charmander. Charmander had its head cocked to the side, looking at the Pidgey in a wondrous way. Shelby then looked back at the Pidgey. It had settled on a branch that was right in front of her face, and it was staring at her with an odd look on its face.

"What's wrong, Pidgey?" she asked. Pidgey cooed but still looked unhappy. Shelby realized that it probably still didn't trust her as a Pokémon, and would take a little bit to win over such as Charmander had. "Oh," she murmured. She sighed softly and held up Pidgey's pokeball. Pidgey got pulled back into the ball in a burst of red light. Charmander looked up and Shelby and tugged on her pant leg. "What?" she asked sharply, using probably a little more force than was needed. Charmander shrank back and looked at the ground. Shelby blinked and remembered something.

"You always have to be nice to Pokémon," an older boy with longish brown hair explained. He was grooming his Pokémon, while speaking to Shelby. "They can read emotions, and they have just as much feeling as a normal person would." Shelby looked up in awe. He patted his Pokémon on the head with a gloved hand and then stored the brush in a pack he was carrying. "So you'll remember that, right?"

Shelby nodded quickly and energetically to her brother. "'Course I will!" she exclaimed, looking at the content look on her brother's Typhlosion. He shot her one of his rare, tiny smiles. Then he put his backpack over his shoulder and recalled his Typhlosion. He brought out a large bird type Pokémon—Shelby knew it was a Pidgeot—and got on its back. He waved to Shelby quickly and then the large bird Pokémon flew up in the air, making them both a tiny dot in the bright sky.

Shelby looked down at Charmander, ashamed of herself. She crouched down next to him. "I'm sorry, buddy," she said softly so as not to startle him. Charmander looked up eagerly, glad to see that she wasn't mad at him. She grinned, "What's say we go to the mountain, huh?" Charmander hopped up and said,

"Char!"

So they began to walk some more. By now the sun was high in the sky, and you could begin to see a little better in the forest. I wonder what other types of Pokémon are in here, Shelby thought, carefully keeping lookout for more Pokémon. So far she had just seen some more Caterpie and Weedle, with the occasional Pidgey. Shelby frowned and decided that she should probably look even harder. I wonder if the mountain has a lot of Pokémon, she thought. A Larvitar sprang into her mind, and this made her want to get there faster.

Then the bushes rustled in front of them. A Spinarak fell from a tree. It shot out needles in a poison sting attack at them immediately. Shelby tugged Charmander out of the way, sending them over a ditch and into a muddy bank. Shelby pushed up from the ditch slowly and looked at Charmander who looked scared again. She whispered soothing words in Charmander's ear and hauled him over the bank. She hopped up as well, looking around for the Spinarak. It appeared to be gone. Shelby frowned and then opened Pidgey's pokeball.

"Can you help me out here and tell me if you find a Spinarak?" Shelby asked. Pidgey nodded (with a lot of effort, though) and then flew off into the air. Shelby looked down at Charmander and she vaguely wondered how many Pokémon were going to be on her team…and what those Pokémon were going to be like.

Pidgey returned a few minutes later. It looked happier now that it had gotten to fly, and it began to flap its wings in the direction it had just come from. "That way?" Shelby questioned, pointing north towards the mountain. Pidgey cooed and flew off. Shelby cried out and she and Charmander ran after Pidgey, trying to keep up with its speed. Argh…this is not going to be easy, Shelby thought, ducking a branch. She picked Charmander up in her arms and, being wary of its tail, carried it.

Soon they came to a more woody area. It was even darker in this part of the forest, and Shelby looked around carefully. Charmander's tail was an excellent light, but something just felt…weird. She looked up at Pidgey, "Are you sure this is the way?" Pidgey cooed again but nodded. Shelby and Charmander continued to follow the little bird Pokémon, until it came to a halt. It flapped its wings and stirred up a gust, sending the attack into the trees.

"Cross!"

Shelby's eyes went wide. That's not a Spinarak! She thought rapidly. A large Heracross dropped down from the trees, looking at them all angrily. Charmander cried out and tried to hide itself in Shelby's hoodie. Pidgey flew up to a tall branch and perched there, content to watch. It was…a trick? Shelby wondered, looking up a Pidgey. She couldn't believe this. Charmander didn't know any fire attacks yet…and Pidgey would be the most help in this battle, but…Fine, Shelby thought with her teeth clenched. She set Charmander down.

Heracross charged at the little Charmander in a horn attack. Charmander sidestepped it and scratched Heracross's side. Heracross whipped around and tackled Charmander into a tree, making Charmander grow tired rather quickly. No! Shelby thought. She told Charmander to scratch it again and then try a growl attack. Charmander didn't succeed in the scratch, but the growl sent the wild Heracross covering its ears. Shelby told Charmander to use another scratch attack, and this time it struck the Heracross right on the horn.

Heracross looked very mad and it lowered its head again. It quickly aimed for Charmander and ran at it, slamming Charmander in a tree. Shelby clenched her fists. "Charmander you have to break free!" she shouted to him. Charmander wiggled and squirmed, but it couldn't break free of the Heracross's grip. Then Heracross pulled back, and it was about to hit Charmander's soft underbelly. Shelby slammed into the wild Heracross, sending them tumbling down a hill and into a bush. Charmander cried out from above but couldn't get down the bank—it was too steep.

The wild Heracross stood and looked at Shelby angrily. Shelby backed away slowly and tried to talk to the Heracross. "Please…we didn't mean to disturb you," she stole a glance at Pidgey as she said this, "it was an accident, Heracross." Heracross looked at her unhappily, but it didn't appear to be as angry anymore. Annoyance seemed to be a more fitting word, and this calmed Shelby down a bit. She knew that the Heracross hadn't really wanted to hurt her, but it was probably protecting something…

And then she saw it. There was honey on the Heracross's mouth. That's it! She realized. She knew that Heracross liked honey, and it probably had a large stash somewhere it was hiding. Then she looked up at Pidgey and sure enough there was honey on its beak. "You're mad because Pidgey took your honey," she said, looking back at the wild Heracross. "How about a fair and square battle with Pidgey?"

The Heracross lowered its horn, looking ready to battle. Shelby called Pidgey down, and Pidgey came swooping down in front of her. "Let's go! Pidgey use gust attack!" she shouted, pointing directly to the Heracross. Pidgey kicked up a whirlwind with its wings and sent the miniature tornado to Heracross. Heracross hit a tree, but the impact was barely anything. Shelby soon realized that this Heracross was strong, and she briefly wondered how Pidgey had even managed to find it. She didn't have much more time to think, however, because then Heracross charged Pidgey in a tackle attack.

"Pidgey fly up and dodge it!" Shelby called. Pidgey flew up in the air, just out of Heracross's reach. Then the wings on Heracross's back unfolded, and Shelby realized that it could fly. I bet it can't fly like Pidgey can, Shelby reasoned. "Pidgey use another gust attack!" Shelby called. Pidgey kicked up another gust and sent it for Heracross. Heracross moved so the attack didn't hit it, and smashed into Pidgey in the mean time. Shelby clenched her teeth as she watched Pidgey go flying into a tree.

Heracross flew after Pidgey and then when it reached the tree it attempted to grab it. Pidgey moved away from it, and Heracross landed on the tree. Shelby realized that it was probably going to try to stick to the ground from now on, so she used that to her advantage. "Pidgey tackle attack!" Shelby called. Pidgey flew at Heracross in a dive. Its beak slammed right into Heracross's middle, sending Heracross to the ground. It slammed into the ground, creating a small dent in the muddy forest floor.

"Nice one, Pidgey!" Shelby called. Charmander cheered from above. Shelby glanced back up at him, just to make sure he was alright. Charmander seemed to be more focused on the battle than being intimidated, and that was something that made Shelby feel better about her new Pokémon. "Now Pidgey finish it off with a gust attack!" Shelby said. Pidgey summoned another large gust of wind and sent it towards Heracross before it could quite recover. Heracross hit a tree and slumped. Shelby chucked a pokeball at it, and watched as it began to shake…

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Sajin: Good post, but grammer is a bit off. Remember, grammer and spelling are important here.
    Turtwig grew to Level 6.

Spoiler:

You may continue.

Dawn's Hat: Good post! Battle is a bit short, but you did good.
    Bulbasaur's personality changed slightly.

Spoiler:

You may continue.

Scarecrow113: Very good post! I like how Pidgey isn't listening to you well and tried to steal Heracross's honey.
    Both Charmander's and Pidgey's personalities changed.

Spoiler:

You may continue.

Last edited:
    Years
    When the Heracross popped out of the pokeball and ran off, Shelby sighed and slumped. Then she looked up at Pidgey. Shelby didn't know how she knew, but she could just tell that it was laughing at her and finding great amusement in this game. Although I don't personally think it is funny, Shelby thought, scowling. She looked up at Pidgey, but now Pidgey looked a little ashamed of itself. And it should, Shelby concurred. She held out her arm. Pidgey flew over and landed on it.

"Pidgey, you know that was wrong, right?" Shelby questioned the small bird softly. Pidgey simply puffed out its chest and turned her head. Shelby opened her mouth to say something, and then stopped. What can I say? She asked herself. "Ah well, Pidgey let's keep going," she held up the pokeball. Pidgey willingly tapped the little button and got sucked back inside. Shelby had to admit that she was mildly surprised, but other than that nothing else.

"Char?" Charmander said from the top of the ditch. Shelby looked up at him. Then she started to climb up the muddy bank. Her foot slipped several times, but she kept going. She grabbed onto a root and finally hauled herself up the rest of the way. Charmander looked happily and hugged her leg again. She shook her head and smiled down at the small Pokémon.

"Ready to keep going?"

"Char!" Charmander said, pumping his fist. Shelby chuckled.

A while later the sun was about midway between the highest point in the sky to the ground, so Shelby figured it was about three. She checked her watch just to be sure. It was almost three in the afternoon. She looked up at the mountain. Though she had covered quite a bit of ground, the mountain still seemed to be getting further and further away. This dismayed her a bit, but she continued on. There were still more Pokémon to catch, and thinking about that heightened her spirits a little.

The forest grew a little brighter, but the shadows grew longer. Shelby set Charmander on her shoulders as he began to grow tired. She heard a rumbling sound coming from his stomach and she blinked. Then she sat the little Pokémon down and dug around in her pack. There was an Oran berry in there, so she handed it to Charmander. Charmander wolfed it down and then looked up at her happily. Shelby snickered, "Guess you're ready to go again, huh?"

The walking was beginning to make Shelby's feet hurt, but she wasn't going to complain. Besides, she knew that if Charmander wanted to stay outside his pokeball and not get tired, then the only way was to keep him on her shoulders. I think I might actually get sad when he evolves and gets too big for this…then I'll be the one riding on his shoulders, she grinned at the thought. A bush rustled, and when Shelby looked over she saw a large group of Spinarak in an even larger tree. Wow…there sure are a lot of them, she thought in slight awe. Shelby carefully licked her lips.

"Ready Charmander?" Shelby whispered. She felt Charmander nod against her cheek. She looked around at the Spinarak. There was one away from the others, looking fairly lonely. Shelby frowned, feeling for the small Pokémon. She realized why it was singled out—it was a little smaller than the rest. She motioned to that one. Charmander looked at her and then at the Spinarak and then nodded.

"Char!" it whispered.

"Charmander, use scratch!" she called. Charmander leapt off her shoulder, aiming directly for the Spinarak I had pointed out. The Spinarak was unsuspecting, so Charmander's claws got it directly. None of the other Spinarak moved to help the singled out one, so Shelby told Charmander to knock it off the tree. Spinarak fell, but then used a string shot to hold on. Charmander hopped down and cut the string, ending up on top of Spinarak in the process. "Ok, let up Charmander!" I called to him.

Charmander sprang back just as the Spinarak was about to tackle him. Then Charmander ran at Spinarak again and scratched it once more. Spinarak hit the ground, looking tired already. Shelby frowned, it's so weak…but… She tossed a pokeball anyway, and watched it wiggle for a little bit.

(OOC: Sorry it's so short...I'm sort of mutiltyping RPs)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Scarecrow113: Short, but it's good.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Keep going! Almost there.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Chapter 1-1: Forces Unite!

Asher had never traveled by sea before in his life, and his first experience was not in the least a pleasant one. Having walked everywhere he needed to go (excepting his Train ride to Goldenrod City), he was not used to the pitching and rolling of the ferry. The only thing he could do to refrain from being overtaken by a dizzy spell was to close his eyes and begin meditating right there in his seat.

Feel the pull in your core... take it and redirect it... control it...

Find it... Control it...

Control your core energy, and you can control your whole body...

In a deep trance such as this, you lose all sense of time. Only opening his eyes when he felt the boat stop, Asher didn't know how long he had been traveling, and consequently, how far he was from the mainland. The idea of being on someone else's home turf and not having any means to contact his Brothers was unnerving... and challenging. On one hand, there is the ingrained human fear of isolation, of being outnumbered by an enemy. But on the other hand, he had been training all his life to overcome these silly instincts. To defeat these still unknown challenges was to create the ultimate testimony of his strength.

The other recruits, who Asher didn't notice during the trip, were led off of the boat by men in black and red uniforms. Their expressions understandably changed when Asher stepped off the exit ramp. Dressed like a medieval warrior with his antique kote and traditional fighting garb [and lack of shoes], Asher was easily the most... unique person they had ever seen get off of the boat. After a quick head count, the recruits were joined by the Selena and led into what appeared to be an office building built into a natural ridge, most likely part of the dormant volcano that occupied the center of the island.

Their destination was a medium-sized room that contained exactly seven chairs. Never let it be said that Team Volcanis isn't organized.

When the recruits took their seats. Selena stood in the center of the room.

"Good afternoon, all of you," she began. Somewhat intimidated by their isolation, their own ignorance, and the obvious efficiency with which this Team was run, everyone murmured their salutations in response. Selena must have picked up on this, because she continued:

"Do any of you know why I've recruited you and put you here? It's because of the destruction that Team Rocket and Team Galactic have caused. For the past few years, Team Rocket and Team Galactic have taken over many towns and cities, and I'm afraid that your town might be next. If they get farther, they may even take over the world and put us under their control."

Everyone in the room already knew this, having lived in anxiety for the fast few months. But to hear it stated directly would always have an impact.

"That's where you come in. As recruits to Team Volcanis, you will receive your first partner." At this, two Volcanis peons, possibly the same ones who guided them off the boat (it's hard to tell with the uniforms) wheeled a small cart into the room. Expectedly, there were exactly seven PokeBalls under a retracting glass panel. Selena once again stated the obvious:

"You will be able to come up and pick your partner. When I point to you, I want you to come up and take the Pokemon you want."

Selena first pointed occupant of the chair on the far left, a girl in a red sweater, who confidently selected the Charmander's PokeBall. Next was a fairly plain-looking blond boy, who happily selected Turtwig. Bulbasaur and Totodile were next to go. By the time Asher was gestured to, only Squirtle, Torchic, and Gligar were left.

He had already determined that he didn't want the Squirtle. A cute turtle that sprays bubbles as its primary means of attack was no Pokemon for a fighter like himself. Torchic... he had seen a few Blaziken in action back in the Saffron Fighting Dojo, and their powerful Blaze Kicks rivaled the kicks of their Trainers. However, if Asher was to create his own legacy, he couldn't copy his Brothers. That meant that he would have to take the Gligar. He swiftly took the corresponding PokeBall and returned to his seat. When the last two Pokemon were taken, Selena continued her introduction.

"You won't go home yet; you'll go through a training mission with your Pokemon."

"Of course, you wouldn't go into combat without some sort of preparation!"

More Volcanis peons appear, each carrying a small backpack. Upon receiving it, Selena explained what they were for. "Inside this backpack is a camp set, five potions, several berries, a map of your surroundings, and ten Pokeballs to be used to catch your team while on your training mission. Of course, the Pokemon in this mission can also be used for a practice battle. Beware- Wild Pokemon on this practice mission will be strong."

"Good! There's no use in fighting weak opponents!"

Selena then ordered the new Volcanis members to follow. She opened a back door to the room, which opened to a large balcony- the flat top of the ridge that the building was built into.

"This is where you will start," Selena began, obviously referring to this very balcony. "That-" she then pointed to to the dormant volcano in the distance "-is where you will end – at the top of that mountain. At the top of the mountain, there will be a surprise for you and I advise being ready for it. Good luck."

Asher grinned at this. Most of the Dojo members end up training in the mountains anyway. "This'll be easy. I'll be crushing those Rockets in no time!"

Selena summoned her Fearow, and after climbing on its back, she gave the new recruits one mysterious warning: "And remember, I will be watching." The peons nearby saluted as her Fearow lifted her away.

The new recruits were in shock, but one by one, they left the balcony until Asher was the last one left. The peons noticed that he wasn't moving, and after talking amongst themselves for a while, decided that they should get his attention. One of them advanced, but maintaining a safe distance, shouted, "Hey! You! Shouldn't you get going?"

Asher turned toward the peon with a malicious smile. "I was just giving them a head start. It only seems fair."

After a few tense moments, Asher picked up his backpack and broke into a run, straight toward the edge of the ridge. Upon reaching the edge, he vaulted over the fence and down the cliff face. He bounced down the projecting rocks and boulders with ease, and quickly reached the bottom. The four peons had already run over to edge and had followed the insane man's descent down the cliff face with their eyes.

As Asher turned to wave to them, one of them said quietly, "it's a good thing he's on our side." Without using any words, the four of them formed a consensus.

Years
    The pokeball stilled after only a few feeble shakes. Shelby smiled sadly and picked up the pokeball with Spinarak in it. Charmander watched her curiously. Then she opened the pokeball. Spinarak popped out, looking tired. Shelby scrounged around her backpack and (she thought it was lucky) found another Oran berry. She set the berry in front of the small Spinarak and watched it munch on it. The other Spinarak took no interest and instead pretended she wasn't there.

"Are you ready to go with us, Spinarak?" Shelby asked. She decided that she'd introduce Pidgey later. Spinarak looked a little happier when it was finished eating, and it nodded. Shelby smiled at it and held up its pokeball. Spinarak freely went inside, and Shelby hoped that together with Charmander and Pidgey that Spinarak wouldn't feel as alone anymore.

Shelby and Charmander continued walking through the forest, but this time Charmander had practically insisted on walking. Shelby kept an eye on the little guy, making sure he didn't get tired and wouldn't be unable to fight if the chance arose. Charmander amused itself by stomping his feet particularly hard in the earth to make little imprints. Shelby chuckled and shook her head at his antics.

When Shelby looked up again, the forest was beginning to thin and the mountain loomed closer and closer. She felt happy by this fact, and pressed further. I'm not going to quit until we at least reach the end of the forest, she thought. She wanted to get that far by the end of the night, no matter what. She trekked through the forest with Charmander at her side, dodging the many branches and objects in her way.

"So I have…seven pokeballs left, right Charmander?" Shelby asked. Breaking the silence almost startled Charmander, but then it nodded. Shelby figured that silence was the best choice, but she also began to plan about the pokeballs. She wished she knew all of the Pokémon that would be available, but she knew she wouldn't. Although I think I've exhausted all the Pokémon I want from the forest, she mused. Then a thought came to her. She decided that because she could see the forest beginning to thin, she'd try to train Spinarak a little.

She finally found a Metapod attached to a tree. Charmander stood next to her and watched her as she threw Spinarak's pokeball. Spinarak came out and looked at the Metapod. It scurried up the tree, almost seeming as if it were hiding. Shelby blanched, I don't think this is going to be very easy. Spinarak watched her, almost curious to see what would happen.

"Spinarak, tackle that Metapod!" Shelby commanded, pointing to the sleeping Metapod. Spinarak did it, knocking into Metapod. Shelby had hoped it would cause the Pokémon to fall out of the tree, but her hopes were soon diminished. Spinarak really doesn't have too much power, Shelby thought. She frowned and told Spinarak to try and attack the Metapod again. This time Metapod budged a little. Shelby then had an idea. "Try a string shot!" Spinarak got the string attached to the Metapod. "Pull it off that tree!" Shelby called. Spinarak tugged and tugged, until the Metapod finally flew off the tree and to the ground.

"Char!" Charmander called. I assumed he was encouraging Spinarak. I'll have to train Charmander and Pidgey up after this, just to keep things balanced, Shelby thought.

"Ok, Spinarak, tackle attack and use full power!" Shelby shouted. Spinarak launched itself off of the tree and tackled the Metapod. It was a fairly decent attack, so this time it got Metapod angry. All it knew was harden, and that's exactly what it kept doing. As Spinarak was just about to attack the Metapod again, Shelby said, "Stop, Spinarak." Spinarak paused and looked at her in confusion. She smiled at him.

"I think that's good enough. You might not have gotten stronger, but I just really wanted to see what you could do." Shelby held up Spinarak's pokeball and recalled the little Pokémon.

She and Charmander walked through the forest. As the trees started to get smaller and smaller, they started to walk faster and faster until they were running. A light was at the end of the trees. Shelby closed her eyes and ran through the opening. When she opened them, she expected to see the base of a mountain. What she didn't expect to see was a large, grassy plain ahead of her. Her jaw dropped. Charmander said, "Char." The word was in awe, and Shelby felt that's how they both felt. She soon realized that there was much, much more to come before they reached the base of the mountain.

(OOC: Dun, dun, dun...sorry it's short again. It'll be a lot longer in the following days, when I have more pokes to catch :D )

Years
    The ball carried on shaking for a few more seconds, as I waited in hope. Everything seemed to go in slow motion, as the shaking device finally came to an abrupt stop with a *ding*. I sighed in relief, and went to pick up the Pokéball, passing my sitting Bulbasaur on the way. He suddenly started hugging my leg, clutching onto it. He had his eyes closed, saying "Bulba..." I laughed, before picking him up to my shoulders.

"You did great, Bulbasaur. You really took the fight to Weedle"
    I said, before placing him back on the floor and returning him to his Pokéball and putting it away. I also did this to my Weedle's Pokéball. I felt really proud of myself; I had two very good Pokémon already and this was only some sort of practice task. These thoughts strayed onto the matter with getting to the top of the mountain. I had perhaps spent too long capturing the Weedle, although I wasn't solely to blame – the Weedle was quite tough.
    I carried on walking, noticing several other kinds of Pokémon that were in the trees. I felt that they were all watching me, and this freaked me out. I'll have to make a mental note never to meet Bug Pokémon again... I thought to myself, as I looked in all directions around me. The Willowing Wood was a scary place, without a doubt. I started to jog, as walking was too scary a task. I looked behind myself reassuringly for a brief second, before running into something sticky. Oh, God... I thought, dreading to turn around. When I finally did, I saw myself face to face with a Spinarak's web. I let out a cry of horror, before brushing it off myself. I did not dare stay there any longer, and sprinted ahead for a bit. When I finally felt safe, I stopped to take a breather, anxiously checking that all of my things were still here. Bag, check...Bulbasaur, check...Weedle, che- My Weedle's Pokéball was gone. I must have accidentally dropped it when I ran away from the Spinarak web. Hoping for Weedle's safety, I ran back to the web, and what I saw shocked me. Weedle was out of its Pokéball, but he was surrounded by a gang of Spinarak. Is this worth it? I asked myself, not wanting to return. But as I was contemplating by position in this situation, I heard a loud cry of "Wee!" in the distance. I looked closer; Weedle was using String Shot on a few of them, and trying to Tackle them out of the way. They were intimidating him, and he did not like it one bit. He kept trying and trying to fight his way out, but it just got worse and worse. I had to do something. I reached for Bulbasaur's Pokéball, and brought him out.

"Bulbasaur, use Tackle on those Spinarak!"
    I shouted, interrupting some of the Spinarak from their target. Bulbasaur ran in and tackled some of the Spinarak, sending them away from Weedle. Suddenly, a pathway was created for Weedle to escape. Bulbasaur used his vines to carry him out of the crowd, and brought him back to me. However, Weedle and Bulbasaur were talking about something. Weedle suddenly went back into the Spinarak. Slightly confused, I started to go out after him, only to be blocked by Bulbasaur. He didn't want me to help him, but why? Looking back at Weedle, I realised why. He was still fighting all of them by himself. And he was doing a great job of it, too. He tackled one of them, presumably the leader, by the looks of things. The leader was knocked into another Spinarak, and in turn, created a small Domino Effect with the Pokémon. They were all falling to the ground, whilst Weedle stood tall and strong, beating the outnumbering Spinarak. I was expecting them to come back for more, but they started to retreat, using String Shots to lift themselves back up the trees. Weedle came crawling back to me, as I kneeled down to pick him up. He crawled up my shoulders, and placed himself there affectionately. I returned Bulbasaur, and petted Weedle.

"OK, Weedle. You deserve to be out of your Pokéball after that battle."
    I said, putting away Bulbasaur's Pokéball and going over to pick up Weedle's Pokéball. He continued to ride on my shoulders as I put his ball away, and continue on my journey. I couldn't stop thinking about how Weedle defeated the Spinarak with that much power, and Weedle seemed to sense that, rubbing my shoulders happily.

"Some day, you're gonna be a great Beedrill
    ." I said, as if it were a fact. Weedle responded to this with pleasant cries of "Weed", and I continued walking. The Willowing Wood seemed a lot less scary now that Weedle beat those Pokémon – it proved that they weren't that scary after all. I cautiously checked behind me every few minutes, but apart from that I was fine. I walked on for about half an hour with nothing happening, apart from hearing the odd Pokémon cry, which unnerved Weedle slightly. All of a sudden, I heard some rustling in the trees. It wasn't a Bug Pokémon; it was too heavy. I stopped for one second, trying to listen out for some more rustling. And it carried on, for about a minute. I disregarded it, and carried on walking. However, I was suddenly attacked by a Pokémon, the very same one that was in the trees! I managed to see the shadow before it was too late, and ducked before it attacked me. The mysterious Pokémon landed, and I scanned it with my Pokédex.

"Natu, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. It picks food from cactus plants, deftly avoiding buds and spines. It seems to skip about to move."
    So this was a Natu. It looked like a weak Pokémon, but the attack it had just used was certainly not. Looks can be deceiving. I put away my Pokédex, and Weedle jumped down from my shoulders. He wanted to battle the Natu, and I couldn't deny him the chance after what he had just done to the Spinarak.

Weedle vs. Natu

"Weedle, String Shot!" I instructed, watching my Pokémon deliver a String Shot to Natu. It had succeeded, and Natu was caught in the white string. "Now use Tackle!" Hopefully, the String Shot would make it hard for Natu to dodge. And I was right – it didn't dodge the attack. Instead, Natu's beak went a bright white colour, and attacked Weedle as soon as he came close. This attack was strong; although it didn't deter Weedle from coming back for more. He stood up once again, ready for another attack. Natu was standing there calmly, also ready, as Weedle's String Shot wore off. The other Pokémon attacked first, using Night Shade. The sky went a shade of black for a few, brief seconds, as the Ghost attack hit Weedle, damaging it and sending it backwards. Weedle was still not out of the match, and he stood up again. I looked closely at Natu, wondering how I could beat the Psychic Pokemon. It was too small and fast for any physical attack that came its way, so I would have to think of a plan that could help in this situation. I couldn't make it grow bigger, or suddenly sharply increase the accuracy of my Pokémon. I would have to make it go slower, with String Shot. It was the only attack that could probably do anything to Natu and lower its defence. But then what?

"Use Tackle!"
    I shouted. If I was to pull off a String Shot, I would have to try and catch it off guard. My Weedle went in for another Tackle, only to be dodged by Natu with ease. Only a few more moments... I thought. "Tackle again, Weedle!" My Pokémon launched himself into Natu with another Tackle attempt, but he missed again. The Natu was so fast. I had to make a move now. "String Shot!" I said this, hoping that Natu would be caught off guard. However, it dodged yet again. It was proving almost impossible to land a hit on this Pokémon. My one and only advantage at this point was that Natu didn't have a trainer to command it. It was then that I had an idea – I would have to outsmart the Natu, as that was the only way. Right now, Natu had a first-person view, and Weedle had a first-person and third-person view - myself. "Stand still, Weedle!" I commanded, leaving Weedle there as Natu was preparing for an attack. It went for a Tackle, and was close to hitting Weedle, until I yelled, "String Shot!" at the very last moment. It had succeeded, and Natu was caught in the string once more. But for how long? I briefly considered, before reaching for Bulbasaur's Pokéball and bringing it out, into the battle. It was Stage Two of the "Defeat Natu' plan.

"Come on out, Bulbasaur."
    I shouted, quickly. I would have to be fast or I would miss perhaps my only opportunity. Bulbasaur seemed to sense my desperation, and hurried himself out of the Pokéball, instantly ready for a battle. So far, he had only one battle – with the Weedle he was now teaming up with. Natu, meanwhile, was trying to get out of the String Shot. Soon, it would be out and he would miss his chance. I thought of it as unfair to use two Pokémon against one, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And this was certainly a desperate time.

"Use Tackle on Natu, Bulbasaur!"
    I yelled. Bulbasaur rushed in for a tackle, and for the first time, succeeded. The tiny bird was sent back flying into a tree after a fairly strong tackle. However, the string was still engulfing Natu inside. I considered myself lucky for this, and realised that I must attack again. "Weedle, use Tackle! Bulbasaur, Tackle Natu straight after!" Two consecutive attacks would surely hurt the Natu, and perhaps make it faint. I hoped, as the battle started to turn my way. Weedle rushed in for the Tackle, succeeding and sending Natu flying once more, although there was no tree to block Natu's destination. Natu had barely any time to move after the attack before another Tackle from Bulbasaur came its way. Natu was hurled into a different tree this time. I was prepared to try and catch it, but I stopped myself after what happened with Weedle. If I failed, then the Natu would probably flee from the battle, and that would mean that I would have no Pokémon to catch, and I wouldn't win the battle. This time, I would have to make sure that Natu would definitely be out of it. It had not yet fainted, so I would have to use some more attacks. However, my luck ran out, as the string shot faded away from Natu. It would still be quite weak from the earlier hits it had taken, but String Shot came in handy.

"Tackle, Bulbasaur"
    as I said this, before Bulbasaur even moved, Natu went for a Leer. Blue beams shot from its eyes towards Bulbasaur, weakening it. This meant that Bulbasaur slowed down slightly, when rushing into the tackle. This made it a lot easier for Natu to dodge, as it jumped in the air, preparing for a Peck on Weedle. And it succeeded, knocking Weedle out of the battle. That attack was really strong, and it must have added to the additional attacks that Weedle had endured before, from Spinarak and in this very battle. I returned Weedle to its Pokéball, "Take a nice, long rest. You've done great today in all of your battles." I reassuringly tell my fainted Pokémon. It was now one versus one – Bulbasaur against Natu. At this point, Natu was the weaker Pokémon, but who could tell what could happen in a Pokémon battle? "Use Growl, Bulbasaur!" I yell to my Pokémon, who emits a cry, weakening Natu just as it had weakened Bulbasaur before its Peck on Weedle. The Growl didn't discourage Natu from attacking; it went straight in for a Tackle attack. "Tackle, Bulbasaur!" I shout. Both Pokémon collided, and both fell backwards. However, one had fainted. But it wasn't my Pokémon this time. I reached for an empty Pokéball and launched it at the fainted Natu, as the ball wiggled for a few seconds longer.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back