• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rise of Evil and Good (Edited2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Tristin the Xatu: Great post!

Spoiler:

Scarecrow113: Good post!
    Spinarak grew to Level 7! His personality also changed slightly.
    Charmander's personality changed slightly.

Dawn's Hat: Good post!
    Bulbasaur grew to Level 8 and learned Leech Seed!
    Weedle grew to Level 8...
    Spoiler:

Weedle's personality also changed slightly.
    and...
    Spoiler:

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
    We hadn't even walked through the forest for three minutes before we were lost. "Okay, let's sit down for a second; I need to check the map." I sat down in the grass, took of my back pack, and searched for my map. I looked in every pocket but couldn't find it. Frustrated I turned over my bag and dumped out every item. I let out grunt of anger; I've never lost a thing in my life! How could I loose this map! And so soon! I put my face in my palms; that would always help me think. Totodile walked up to me and tapped my head with his hand. I looked up wondering what it was he wanted.

"Dile! Dile!" he chanted. I looked at him with a confused look plastered on my face. "Totodile! Totodile!" I really wished I could speak pokemon right at this point. Totodile became frantic, "Dile! Dile! Totodile!" Totodile suddenly jumped up and head butted me in the face. I flew back, barely aware of what had just happened.

"What was that for?!" I said in daze. Totodile jumped on my stomach and reached into the pocket of my vest. After a few second he pulled out a neatly folded piece of paper.

"Totodile!" He said cheerfully as he handed me the paper. I took it and slowly unfolded it. The map! It was in my pocket the whole time and I didn't even remember! I jumped right up, nearly throwing Totodile ten feet away.

"Thank you Totodile! Thank you! Thank you!" I looked down and saw Totodile knocked out on the ground. "Oh crap! Totodile!" I franticly ran to his aid.

The forest was apparently called Willowing Woods. It was a peculiar name for the forest. I wonder why named it that? It was very hard to follow the map because of all the trees. The trees were so close it was like they were hugging, and they were everywhere! They all looked the same! This is hopeless, I thought, I'll never get out of here. After a few minutes I saw a dirt path. I was finally free of this endless walking, and best of all I won't need to use this map anymore! "C'mon Totodile! Let's go!" I ran towards the path with Totodile trailing behind. Suddenly Totodile stopped and sniffed the air. I began to slow to a halt when I realized he stopped. Totodile turn his head toward a bush and began a low growl. "What is it?" I said with a hint of nervousness in my tone. Totodile ran into the bush. I heard surprised chirps as the bushes rustled. Before I knew it Totodile was thrown from the bush and into a nearby tree. I sprinted over to him as he lay on the tree and crouched in front of him.
    "Totodile! Are you okay!"

"Dile…" I looked over to the bush and a pokemon appeared. It was short and had small, round, black eyes. It's beak was orange and had a black tip on the end. This pokemon had black, grey, and white feathers. It was a Starly. I could tell because I owned a few at home. But this one was diffrent, it seemed, smaller that the ones we had. I wasn't sure if we should try and fight, Totodile already looked pretty hurt from being launched across the area. "Dile…" he repeated as he began to rise.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" He looked towards me, eyes fierce. This was the only answer I needed. I stood up ready to begin. Totodile walked forward and stood just five feet away from the Starly. The next few moments felt like hours as he lock eyes with the Starly in some kind of stare-down. Quick as flash the Starly ran towards Totodile and lunged its body at him. Knocked of his feet Totodile fell with a heavy thud to the ground. Slowly he got up and steadied himself. I didn't know when my next move would be. I decided to wait and see what the Starly's next move would be. The Starly rushed towards Totodile, ready to launch another tackle.

"Totodile! Doge and use Scratch!" I yelled seconds before the Starly landed the attack. Quickly, Totodile jumped out of the way. Starly landed face first into the ground and into a skid. Totodile moved behind the Starly and scrapped his claws across its back. The Starly let out a loud chirp of pain. Anyone within a seven-mile radius would've heard. The Starly rolled over to the side and turned around and kicked dirt into Totodile's eyes. Totodile stopped to wipe his eyes. The Starly took this chance and tackled Totodile. "Totodile! Use Scratch!" Totodile slashed with his claws, but missed. The Starly launched another tackle. The Starly began to launch yet another tackle. "Doge it!" I yelled, but to no avail, Totodile didn't react quickly enough, he was hit yet again by another tackle. The Starly hit him again. Again. Again. I didn't know what to do, nothing was working. How am I supposed to do this? I can't let Totodile get beat up like that! I looked up into the sky. I bet she's watching me right now, regretting she even put recruited me. I looked back towards the battle. I have to put all I now into this. Okay, Totodile is almost blind because of that Sand Attack. The only way he could navigate was if he was guided around…Wait! That's it! I turned my attention back towards the battle. Just before the Starly launched another tackle I yelled my command. "Totodile, side-step to the right." Totodile did as he was told. The Starly landed on it's feet this time and turned itself towards Totodile. "Now turn to the left and use Leer!" He turned left towards the Starly and opened his eyes, staring right into Starly. The Starly stumble back. "Now use scratch!" Totodile slashed his claws hitting Starly directly in the chest. Starly jumped back and buckled. It seemed effective. The Starly flew up into the sky and pumped its wings sending out a strong gust of wind. I was almost thrown off my feet; Totodile seemed to be having a hard time steadying himself also. Totodile whipped his eyes. It seemed as if the gust had helped remove the dirt in his eyes. This was would help me a lot. "Totodile! Use Leer!" Totodile looked up into the sky and locked eyes with Starly once again. Starly seemed to falter a little but continued its powerful beating. "Jump into the air and use Scratch!" Totodile tensed his legs and jumped as high as he could. This surprised the Starly and it stopped its attack. Totodile was now right in front of Starly and scratched it in its chest and face. The Starly landed with a crash to the ground while Totodile landed lightly on the ground. I quickly through my PokeBall at Starly and it sucked it in a flash of red light. Just then Totodile collapsed to the ground. I ran to his side and gently picked him up. "Are you alright!" I said with fear in my voice.

"Dile…" Was his only reply. I worriedly looked at Totodile and then at the PokeBall as it gently shook back and forth….

(OOC: *pants* It took me 9 hours to write all of this.)

Last edited:
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]The ball shook for a few more seconds, before finally calming down with a *put* noise.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Yes!"[FONT=&quot] I cried. I had beaten the Natu! "Well done, Bulbasaur. Take a rest for a while." I said calmly, returning my Pokémon to his Pokéball. Although he wasn't there for the whole battle, he had done amazing when I needed him. I went over to pick Natu's ball up, and I put t with the rest of them. So far I had caught two Pokémon. Have I caught too little? Or maybe too many? I ask myself, wondering what the other trainers would have done so far, and if any of them had gotten to the top of the mountain. Then, I snapped back to reality. I had to move faster through the Wood. I didn't jog – but I walked at a frisk pace. Do I want any more Pokémon now? I asked myself, pondering. I already had Bulbasaur, Natu and a Weedle. Hopefully that would be enough for now. If memory serves, there will be rock and ground Pokémon on the mountain. A Bulbasaur would be effective against them, but Natu wouldn't be. He would have to stick with what he had.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After many hours of walking, I had become quite tired. My legs were aching, although it didn't bother me much. After all, I was so far doing quite well on my dream to become a Pokémon trainer and defeat Team Galactic.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I walked forward once more, before seeing a light in the distance – the exit. I breathed a sigh of relief, before advancing through the Wood. After about a minute, I had reached the exit. Finally, I had done it. I turned around, looking at the Wood; looking for other recruits. But I couldn't spot any. Was I in front? I pondered. I assumed do, and decided to rest there for a while.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Come on out, Bulbasaur, Weedle, Natu!"[FONT=&quot] I decided to bring my Pokémon out, to thank them for their work so far. They all came out, and Weedle was acting strangely. Usually he was calm, yet happy. But he was just sitting there. Natu and Bulbasaur were getting on quite well, even though they were battling each other moments before. Bulbasaur was seemingly giving Natu some banter over it, although he didn't seem to mind. Natu stopped for a second, looking for me. When he found me, he ran towards me. He seemed to be quite attached to me.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Guys, I just want to let you know that I'm proud of you all. Now I've gotta climb that, and I doubt you will want to, so return to your Pokéballs." [FONT=&quot]I returned Bulbasaur, and then Natu. I was about to return Weedle, but it suddenly started to glow a very bright white. The light blinded me slightly, so I turned around, shielding my eyes. When I turned back around to face my Weedle, he had become a Kakuna![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Whoa! Well done Weedle! You're a Kakuna now!"[FONT=&quot] I said in excitement, and returned my Pokémon to his ball. I then looked up the mountain, and prepared to climb it...

[OOC: End of Part 2, sorry about the short post...]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Kiklion: Well written post!
    Spoiler:

Dawn's Hat: Well written post! But, you won't be at the mountain, you will be at a large grassland - please check the first page for Chapter 1 Part 2; there's an edit at the bottom of the page.

---

Chapter One

Part III

3 - 5 Posts

Whew… you made it through "The Willowing Woods" but it isn't over yet. The area was bigger than it seemed and in front of you is a large grassland. On your map, it says it's called "Long Valley." You decide to take a quick rest, and then go back to traveling to the mountain. There are more wild Pokemon here.

Pokemon in "Long Valley":

Common:

Vulpix
    Levels 9 – 13
    Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Roar, Will-O-Wisp

Doduo
    Levels 9 – 13
    Moves: Peck, Growl, Quick Attack, Rage

Uncommon:

Mareep
    Levels 9 – 13
    Moves: Thundershock, Tackle, Growl

Poochyena
    Levels 9 – 13
    Moves: Tackle, Howl, Bite

Very Rare:

Yanma
    Levels 11 – 15
    Moves: Sonicboom, Tackle, Foresight

(Hint: If you want a Yanmega, you'll need a very good post trying to catch a Yanma. One might know Ancientpower.)

However, when you reach the end of the grassland, you see another forest. Hopefully that'll be the last obstacle before the mountain.

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Chapter 1-2: Up, Left, Down, Left!

After recovering from his literal leap of faith, Asher leisurely began walking over to the edge of the forest. He knew that he'd be the first one at the top, that there was no reason to be stressed out now. As he reached the dense foliage, he opened his Gligar's PokeBall. With a flash of light, the tough-looking scorpion Pokemon appeared, announcing his presence with a fierce, "Gli-gar!". Free from his palm-sized prison, the Gligar wheeled around in the sky, circling around for a few minutes before perching on a nearby branch. It looked at Asher intently, waiting for what he had to say.

"We're headed to the volcano," Asher began. "If we're going to make it through this jungle, I'll need you to head above the trees every once in a while to guide me. Got it?"

Gligar snapped his claws gleefully.

"With claws like that, he's sure to be a good fighter. I made the right choice."

Asher then turned to focus on the dense wood in front of him. The trees were thick and the grass thicker, but with some effort, a person could force their way through. He remembered the philosophy of the Silat martial arts: A direct approach is the best approach. While it literally meant to minimize the distance your arm has to travel to reach the target, Asher applied it to many other situations.

He entered the forest, making sure to remember where the volcano was in relation to him. Instead of walking or flying, Gligar hopped around on the overhead branches, much to the annoyance of the nesting bird Pokemon. By this, it wasn't long before he attracted the attention of an understandably angry Pidgey.

The Pidgey first tried to Tackle Asher's Gligar, but he was moving much too quickly to be hit. It hopped around the different levels of branches, all the while dodging Pidgey's attacks and taunting it with cries of "Gli! Gli!"

Asher watched this with intense interest. Without any form of intervention, this battle would be a good measure of Gligar's physical prowess. He noticed that Gligar seemed to be choosing higher and higher branches, as if he wanted to get above the Pidgey.

When he tired of his little game, Gligar half jumped, half glided off of his temporary perch and landed on the Pidgey's back, clamping its wings with his massive pincers. The two fell, and by cleverly twisting his body, Gligar was able to ensure that Pidgey hit the ground first. It squawked in anger and pain, then issued a long string of syllables that were most likely curses directed at the Gligar and all his descendants. Proud of his catch, Gligar looked up at Asher.

He was impressed by the Gligar's use of tactics in freeform combat, and praised the Gligar with a, "Well done, little hunter. You can let it go now."

It was obviously disappointed, but his intimidation of the clearly powerful Trainer was stronger, and Gligar jumped off the Pidgey. However, he was eager to find any loophole in his Trainer's command, and as soon as the Pidgey was free, it was hit with a quick Poison Sting.

This violated all the rules of combat Asher was raised to follow, and he didn't refrain from chastising his Gligar on its misconduct. "No! You never attack an enemy on the ground! By knocking them down, you have already defeated them. Don't ever let me see you do that again."

Gligar bowed his head, not entirely out of shame, but moreso because he was being yelled at. Fortunately, Asher's anger passes quickly, and without any more words on the matter, he continued off into the trees. After looking back at the poisoned Pidgey to make sure it wasn't following him, Gligar climbed a tree and followed Asher overhead.

As they fought their way through the growth, Asher couldn't help feeling that he had finally found a worthy student.

Years
    The next morning, Shelby woke up with a large yawn. Charmander had stayed snuggled against her side, and it had kept her fairly warm. She packed up all of her things and then stood up. Charmander climbed on her back and set its small head on top of hers. She grinned a little, and then set off for the grassy plain.

Shelby realized soon that there were many different types of Pokémon in this area, so she kept on the lookout. A group of Yanma flew over her head, and she watched them fly across the plain. Shelby saw a Doduo in the grass, and told Charmander to get ready. She wasn't going to catch this guy—she was going to use it for some experience. Shelby set Charmander down.

"Scratch attack!" Shelby called, pointing at the Doduo. Charmander got close and hopped up, scratching the Doduo across its beak. The Doduo gave a cry, and both of the heads began to peck at Charmander. Shelby's eyes widened, "Growl attack!" Charmander growled, and the Doduo stopped their attacks, backing off a little bit. Shelby quickly formed a strategy.

"Charmander jump on its back!" Shelby called quickly. Charmander hopped on the Doduo. "Scratch!" Shelby said. Charmander used its scratch attack. Shelby watched as the Doduo moved their heads and body, trying to fling the attacking Charmander off. Shelby finally called Charmander back to her. The Doduo squawked and ran off into the thicker part of the grassland.

Shelby soon came to a large group of Doduo. "Char…" Charmander said uncertainly. Shelby realized that it hadn't particularly liked the prospect of getting pecked. Shelby bent down so she was eyelevel with her little Pokémon.

"I just want you to grow a bit stronger…one more?" Shelby questioned. Charmander looked very thoughtful. He then nodded slowly, ready to face another Doduo. "Besides, I'll give you a berry afterwards," Shelby said, winking. Charmander's face instantly grew happy, but it also grew a bit more serious.

"Char!"

"Use the same strategy from last time!" Shelby shouted, pointing to the Doduo. One looked up, but when it did, Charmander scratched it across the face and was already on its back. The Doduo kicked up, tossing Charmander off. Charmander rolled across the grass but stood up again. It charged at the Doduo, unleashing its claws. Charmander scratched it, but then Doduo pecked Charmander. Shelby soon realized that Charmander was beginning to get tired, but Doduo wasn't as tired.

What level are these Pokémon at? She wondered. She looked at Charmander and then told him to try the strategy again. Charmander succeeded. He held on tightly this time, scratching at the Doduo. Then Shelby called him back, and they backed away from the angry Doduo group.

She knelt down and handed Charmander another berry. Charmander took it and ate it happily. She could already tell that Charmander was getting much stronger. Next time it'll be Pidgey's turn, Shelby thought. They walked for a little bit longer, and then Shelby decided to take a break.

A small Vulpix appeared at the edge of where she was sitting. Charmander gave a startled cry, and went to attack the Vulpix. Shelby called Charmander back, and grabbed Pidgey's pokeball instead. All right, she thought with a small smirk on her face. She liked Vulpix, she had to admit that. She also knew she had to be careful with how many pokeballs she used, because after this she would only have six pokeballs left. Every one I throw must be worth it, she thought.

"Pidgey use gust!" Shelby called. Pidgey flapped her wings, kicking up a gust attack. Sand spit up as well, getting into the Vulpix's eyes. Vulpix gave a cry and shook its head, throwing it back and forth trying to get the sand out. Then Vulpix blindly charged for Pidgey, who shot up in the air.

"Vul!" Vulpix cried out. Pidgey flew in and tackled Vulpix. Shelby had Pidgey tackle it again, slamming into the Pokémon's side. Vulpix finally found its sight again, and ended up looking at Pidgey in a not so friendly way. Flames shot out of Vulpix's mouth in and ember attack, hitting Pidgey in the chest. Pidgey fell to the ground, a small burn mark on her.

"Pidgey use gust again!" Shelby said. Pidgey flapped its wings, but it cringed as it did so. Shelby knew that no matter the outcome of this battle, she was going to have to give Pidgey a berry that cured a burn. Vulpix got hit with the gust attack, and ended up panting but still ready to fight. It almost seemed like it was so strong willed that it refused to give up.

"Vul!" it said again.

"Pidgey tackle it!" Shelby called. Pidgey dived for Vulpix, hitting its back with its beak. Vulpix cried out and hit the ground. Shelby called Pidgey off and then threw a pokeball at the Vulpix, watching as it began to shake.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Tristin the Xatu: Great Post! Gligar grew to Level 7!
    His personality also changed slightly.

Scarecrow113: Good post! Charmander grew to Level 11 and learned both Ember and Metal Claw!
    Charmander's personality changed!
    And...
    Spoiler:

Years
    When the Pokémon popped out of the ball, Shelby's teeth clenched. Another pokeball wasted, she thought. The little Vulpix seemed to still want to fight, however, and she wasn't going to let this go. I don't know how this is going to go, but…Shelby told Pidgey to use another gust attack.

Pidgey flapped its wings again, kicking up more stuff than usual. The tornado seemed a bit larger now, and when it slammed against Vulpix the Pokémon cried out. "Follow it up with tackle!" Shelby shouted, clenching her fist. She was going all out with Pidgey's attacks, planning on hammering Vulpix until it was weak. This one must be a pretty powerful Pokémon, Shelby observed as it still pushed itself up, ready to fight again.

"Pidgey tackle again!" Shelby called. Pidgey winced, the burn tacking its toll. Then Pidgey flew at Vulpix again slamming into it. Shelby told it to follow up with gust, but before Pidgey could, Vulpix launched another ember attack. It seemed to be weaker, but it still hit Pidgey directly. Pidgey fell to the ground, one eye open with the other half shut. Pidgey still got up, ready to fight. "Pidgey—" Shelby began, but Pidgey's cry interrupted her. It was looking at her sharply, almost waiting for an attack.

"Use tackle," Shelby said softly. Pidgey, hobbling slightly, got up and flew at Vulpix again. They rebounded off each other, sending both Pokémon in the bushes. Shelby closed her eyes and threw another pokeball at the Vulpix. Please, she thought, Pidgey's not going to stop until this is over…one way or the other.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Scarecrow113: Bit short...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sajin

Pokemon Expert
    Years
    The small pokeball finally settled down on the ground, and stopped shaking. "Yes, you did it turtwig, we caught a pidgey, it should be a great new addition to our team." Said Kyo, with new enthusiasm in his voice. Happy to have a new pokemon to add to his arsenal, Kyo and turtwig continued to walk through the middle of the large forest. After several minutes, Kyo was getting worried, for it looked as if they hadn't gotten any farther through the forest since they started walking. Egar to get out of the forest, Kyo hatched a plan. "Alright go Pidgey" Said Kyo as he relesed the small flying type from It's pokeball. "alright pidgey, I'm going to need your help on this one, go fly north, and see if you can find a safe route out of the forest that we could take. Pidgey, took It's commands, from the young trainer, and flew off, out of the large dense forest. Several minutes of waiting took alrge toll on Kyo, and turtwig as well. It took him a long time until they realized that Selena and the members of team Volcanous had given them food, and potions. They shared the food they had, and Kyo tried spraying them potion on Turtwig, so it could rgain som of the health it had lost in the last two battles.Kyo and turtwig heard the air whistling over to one side of them, and they assumed it was Pidgey, which it was. But Kyo's pokemon was moving at a lot faster pace then it normaly was. Two string shot attacks the came from nieghboring tres caught the flying pokemon, suspending it in mid air. Two spinark revealed them selves from both of the tress, then jumped down to face Kyo's turtwig.

Kyo then set down his food, and the potions that he was using on turtwig, to face the two enemy pokemon, and turtwig turned with his trainer. "Alright let's go turtwig, get around the two spinark and tackle the web so pidgey can get free." Turtwig did as it was told, and was able to get around the spinark fairly easy, and hit the large web that was made from the two string shots earlier. But instead of knocking pidgey down from the web, turtwig got stuck too. At that moment, the spinarks both made some sort of chuckling noises that were almost syncronized and started backtracking towards the traped pokemon, totally ignoring the also defenseless trainer. "Quick pidey, try to break free by using your gust attack." Pidey did as it was told, but had a hard time, because It's wings were stuck. But before the spinark were close enough to launch another attack, pidgey broke free of the web, and swooped down upon the two pokemon, and used It's sand attack. The two spinarak took it head on and couldn't see a thing. Pidgey used this time to relese turtwig, by cutting the web with It's beak. Turtwig fell down onto the dirty ground with a thump, and just as got back to the battle scene the sand had cleared, and the two teams of pokemon were ready for battle.

"Alright Let's go guys, turtwig jump and use you tackle attack, and pidgey stop all attacks on turtwig by using your gust attack." Both pokemon did as they were told. Turtwig and the wild spinark slamed into each other, taking recoil as both pokemon hit the hard ground. And pidgey stopped the other spinark from using It's string shot to trap tutwig, by using It's gut attack, also making it fly back a few feet unintensionally. Turtwig got up before spinark and launched at it with another tackle, and staying there, there by hurting it and preventing it from getting up. And pidgey swooped down and hit the other wild spinark with It's tackle making it faint on the spot. The other wild spinark was able to get turtwig off of it and attacked it with another tackle. Turtwig also responded with a tackle, and both pokemon hit the ground again and spinark fainted from taking to mauch damage. Kyo rushed over to his fallen pokemon turtwig, and used one of his potions on both of his pokemon. After a few minutes, turtwig and pidgey were both back up to full health. After they rested a while pidgey led them to a small path that it found looking through the forest. They followed it for the rest of the day, and finnaly came to the end of the long winding path, only to find a large grassland that lay in front of them.

"Oh great there's more." Said Kyo sarcasticly

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter 1-2, Part 2: A Challenger Appears!

Gligar, whom Asher had started calling "Orion" after the legendary hunter, seemed to be more careful with his mode of transport: instead of hopping on branches and disturbing the birds, he glided from tree trunk to tree trunk. Orion was the ideal martial arts student: naturally strong but lacking guidance.

As the duo traversed through the thick trees, they encountered countless small insect- and bird-Pokemon, which they ignored. The most pathetic of these were the immobile Metapod, who would malevolently fire String Shots at anything that passed. Noticing that Orion was easily agitated, Asher made sure to admonish him in advance for launching an unprovoked attack.

"You gain nothing from fighting weak opponents."

By following this mantra, their trip through the jungle was quite uneventful... Fortunately, when the wild Pokemon saw that the travelers didn't seem interested in them, their attacks ceased.

Orion was flying overhead to direct his Trainer in the direction of the mountain, when Asher suddenly ran into an unfamiliar Pokemon. A large blue beetle with a massive horn was latched onto the tree in front of him, and it appeared to be eating. Upon hearing his approach, it quickly jumped off to face him, clearly ready to defend itself. Asher thought it may have mistaken him for a competitor, trying to steal his food, but before he could explain himself, the Pokemon issued its battle cry of "Hera-cruu!" and charged. Asher kicked off a nearby tree to launch himself upward and successfully avoided the Horn Attack.

The tree that the Pokemon struck toppled over, knocking over the nearby trees in the process. It was then that Asher realized how strong the Pokemon was. "Finally, something worth fighting."

Orion didn't need to be called, as the fallen tree attracted his attention. He landed in the fresh clearing, claws bared and tail arched. Upon seeing the challenger, the horned insect Pokemon began flinging the fallen trees away to make more room.

Asher stood on the side closer to Orion in order to better give him advice. "Alright, little Orion, this'll be our first battle! Now the first rule of combat is to never make the first move! Hold your ground and wait for it to advance!"

That didn't take very long- with its horn lowered, the opponent charged and scooped Orion up with its shovel-like horn. The moment he was picked up, Orion grabbed onto the base of the horn to prevent himself from being thrown. Its first attempt unsuccessful, the wild Heracross swung its head around frantically, trying to dislodge the flying scorpion. But Gligar's claws are specifically designed to clamp down on opponents, and the Heracross was unsuccessful.

"Now Orion, use your Poison Sting attack!"

The tip of Orion's tail glowed white, and the barb fired a spray of small toxic needles. At such close range, the attack was more potent than usual, and the Heracross squealed. Enraged, it rolled over onto its back in an attempt to crush the Gligar. Deceptively fast, Orion was already on its own feet while his opponent rolled around on the ground. The Heracross stood up and charged again, but instead of scooping up Orion as expected, it continued its mad rush and connected with a powerful Tackle attack. Caught completely off guard, the Tackle did much more damage than it normally would, and it took some time for Orion to recover.

Heracross took the opportunity to turn around and try for another Tackle. His wings still pained from hitting the ground, Orion was unable to avoid the attack in time. But he had no intention of just laying down and getting run over: Orion spontaneously scooped up a clawful of sand hit the Heracross with a direct Sand Attack. Temporarily blinded, the Heracross veered off course and tripped, sliding a good distance before standing up. It cried out and tried to wipe the sand from its eyes, which was difficult considering that it had claws for hands.

Remembering his Trainer's admonishment, Orion waited until the Heracross was capable of fighting again before he advanced. With some effort, Orion was able to take flight again, and dive-bombed the Heracross with a Poison Sting. Most of the needles connected, and Heracross seemed to have been poisoned: its breathing suddenly became labored, and its eyes seemed hazy.

The Gligar landed again to rest his still-aching wings, but held his pincers forward, ready to clamp the Heracross if it approached. The Heracross was smart enough to never use the same move twice in a row, so instead of charging, it locked eyes with Jaeger, and its eyes flashed maliciously: a connecting with disorienting Leer attack. Stunned, Orion was flung into a tree with the Heracross' subsequent Horn Attack. However, the poison was taking its toll, and its movements became slower and slower. Orion stood up, but it was clear that he couldn't handle another Tackle or Horn Attack. Asher did the only thing that he felt would save his pupil from being crushed- he pulled out one of the PokeBalls he had been given and threw it at the Heracross.

It was transformed into a blob of red light and pulled into the ball, which snapped shut. The indicator light remained red as the Heracross fought to prevent itself from being captured.

Shake...

Shake...

Last edited:

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Sajin: It's an okay post... your grammer - you have to remember to proofread.
    Turtwig grew to Level 8.
    Pidgey grew to Level 8.

Tristin the Xatu: Good post!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Years
    [FONT=&quot]"Go, Dragonite! Use Hyper Beam!"[FONT=&quot] I shout. I was in the most important battle of my life, against a mighty Magikarp. The Magikarp dodged Dragonite's Hyper Beam, and used Hydro Pump. "No!!!" I cried, as my Dragonite started dancing the Cha-cha. "Come on, Dragonite! Charlie Brown!" I shout. "Bulba?" I hear from somewhere. Somewhere unknown. Somewhere-[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I woke up from my dream. My Bulbasaur was sitting on my stomach, probably telling me to wake up from my sleep. I must have drifted off while resting outside the forest. I rubbed my eyes, feeling slightly embarrassed. What a weird dream... I stood up, brushing the grass from my clothes. I returned Bulbasaur to my Pokéball, and looked ahead to the mountain. I had got to the top in my dream, and my prize was a Lugia. Yeah, that would never happen. Up ahead of me was big grassland. I got out my map of the area from my bagpack, finding out the name of it ad how big it really was. It was called "Long Valley". Damn it... I thought. This would take ages. I would have to battle slightly less and move more in this place. I proceeded on, moving into the grassland. I saw a swarm of Yanma right above me, but I let them go. I'm only gonna catch one Pokémon in this place, I told myself. It would have to be a good Pokémon, though. There wasn't any need for a Caterpie or something at this point. I already had a strong Kakuna, after all. I walked on for a bit more, trying not to be tempted by Pokémon. However, I finally saw one worth catching. I silently (or close to it) got my Pokédex out, scanning the Pokémon.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]"Poochyena, the Dog Pokémon. A Pokemon with a persistent nature, it chases its chosen prey until the prey becomes exhausted."[FONT=&quot] So they were persistent. I concluded that a big, long battle wasn't a good idea, if I was trying to keep up and get ahead. I tried to slowly creep round the Pokémon, but I accidentally stood on a twig – curse. The Poochyena looked up, noticing me. It began to call out, probably for its pack. Damn it. I started to run away, but I was blocked off by a different Pokémon. A Vulpix. At first I was confused, just to see a Vulpix instead of a big pack of Poochyena. It was presumably its protector or something, but it was definitely ironic. A cute fox defending a dog? I tried not to laugh in a situation like this – Pokémon could be unpredictable. In fact, they were predictably unpredictable. I was trapped here, so I had to fight. There were two Pokémon, so it would have to be a double battle. I reached for two Pokéballs – Bulbasaur's and Natu's. Kakuna was great, but two fire types would destroy a Bug Pokémon like Kakuna. And Natu could do with some practice. I let them both out, revealing themselves after the white flash. Vulpix jumped next to the Poochyena, standing in front of it protectively. The Vulpix looked strong, but Poochyena looked weak. This was probably why it needed protecting. My Pokémon were eager to battle, Bulbasaur standing cheerfully while Natu reassuringly looked behind himself at me.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [FONT=&quot] +
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]vs.
    +

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=&quot]"Bulbasaur, start the battle with a Leech Seed on Poochyena!"[FONT=&quot] Bulbasaur spat out the seed from its bulb, as it headed towards Poochyena. However, Vulpix used Ember, burning out the seed, stopping it from hitting Poochyena. It was obviously going to keep doing this throughout the whole battle. How frustrating. Vulpix was still on the defence, and Poochyena just sat there.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Use Peck on Vulpix, Natu! Bulbasaur, use Leech Seed on Poochyena!" [FONT=&quot]Vulpix dodged the Peck from Natu, and once again managed to use Ember on the Leech Seed. After my Pokémon retreated, Vulpix went for its first attack. The Will-O-Wisp was sent flying towards Natu, and would be bad news if it did succeed. "Natu, dodge!" Natu dodged easily just as he had done in the battle against me earlier. Despite not succeeding earlier, I went for another attack. "Bulbasaur, Tackle on Vulpix!" The attack hit Vulpix, leaving Poochyena open for an attack as the Vulpix fell backwards, away from the attack. "Natu, Peck again!" Natu dived for Poochyena, but the Pokémon dodged it! It was stronger than I first anticipated. However, it could still easily be defeated. The hard part was getting the Vulpix out of the way.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Bulbasaur, go for another Tackle on that Vulpix! Natu, use Night Shade on Vulpix as well!"[FONT=&quot] There would be no dodging the Night Shade, and Vulpix was knocked backwards a few yards. It had lifted itself up, and was hit by Tackle from my Bulbasaur. It was knocked backwards again, but quickly recovered. It looked quite weak from those attacks, but it was still back for more. It was desperately protecting the Poochyena, who still hadn't made an attack. All it had done so far is Dodge. "Bulbasaur, go for a Leech Seed on Poochyena! Natu, stop Vulpix from burning it out!" Bulbasaur once again released the seed from his back, and it was headed towards Poochyena. Vulpix was prepared to burn the Leech Seed out once more, but was suddenly hit by a Peck from Natu. The Leech Seed latched onto Poochyena, sapping some life from it. Vulpix suddenly leapt up and tended to Poochyena. I couldn't order an attack on a Pokémon that was turned away, so I waited for a while. After a minute, there was still no response from Vulpix.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"Return, Bulbasaur. You too, Natu. Great job." [FONT=&quot]I returned my Pokémon, and walked past the two Pokémon, only to hear a cry of "Vul!" from behind me. The Vulpix was calling out to help, so I decided to check it out. As I got closer, I noticed that Poochyena had cuts all over it, and not from the battle. This must have been why it was being protected. I felt guilty, battling an injured Pokémon. I helped it get the seed off, before asking it if it was OK. "Are you OK, Poochyena? I'm sorry for hurting you." I reached for my bagpack, getting out one of my potions. I sprayed it on Poochyena, healing it from its injuries. I then turned to the Vulpix. "Do you want to come with me on my journey?" I asked. The response was negative – it seemed to want to stay here and protect the Pokémon here. I nodded, picking up my bagpack and turning around. I carried on my journey towards the mountain, feeling happy that I helped an injured Pokémon in need. I also felt disappointment, after Vulpix didn't want to join me. It was a great Pokémon, after all. I smiled, looking upwards as I continued to walk slowly through the Long Valley.[/FONT][/FONT]

Years
    The pokeball finally came to a stop. Shelby ran over to Pidgey and carefully sprayed it with a potion and handed it a berry to fix the burn. A short while later, Pidgey was ready for travel again. This is getting harder, Shelby thought. She really hoped that she could reach the mountain soon. She just wasn't sure how long all of her supplies would last, and she was very afraid that she would run out of something when she needed it the most. She called out Vulpix, and was about to heal it as well. Vulpix looked brand new, and she thought about the effect pokeballs had on Pokémon freshly caught.

She was about to recall it, when it tapped Spinarak's pokeball and sent it out. As soon as Spinarak came out, Vulpix started batting the little Pokémon around and bullying it. Shelby frowned and picked up Spinarak. Charmander stood in front of Shelby and the little bug Pokémon, growling angrily at Vulpix. Vulpix simply turned its tail and made a small huffing sound.

"Vulpix, be nice," Shelby said angrily. She wasn't going to allow this little Pokémon to bully her other ones. "Look Vulpix," she got down so she was eye level with it, "I know you're strong, but so are other Pokémon on this team." Vulpix kept its back to her and didn't give any acknowledgement. Shelby shook her head and recalled the little Pokémon.

"Char," Charmander said to Spinarak. Shelby set Spinarak down and then looked around for more Pokémon to battle. They needed to be trained up more, Shelby knew that much. Spinarak looked like it felt better, so Shelby decided to see if she could find a Pokémon that it could battle.

They headed north until they came upon a small herd of Mareep. Shelby looked down at Spinarak. Then she looked back at the group and noticed there were several younger ones playing with each other. She found one and singled it out. "Ready, Spinarak?" she asked the little bug Pokémon. Spinarak hesitated, but then appeared to be ready to fight one of the Mareep.

"Spinarak use string shot to reel it in!" Shelby called. Spinarak sent out a jet of string, tangling it around the Mareep's leg. Mareep cried out, thrashing around and finally thudding to the ground. It tried to get up, but then Shelby told Spinarak to use poison sting. The attack slammed into Mareep, and Shelby was glad to see that it was fairly effective.

The Mareep then sent a thundershock down through the string, zapping Shelby's little Spinarak. Shelby clenched her teeth. "Use poison sting again, and release the Mareep from the string!" Spinarak did so, hitting Mareep with yet another dose of the poison sting. Mareep cried out twisting over. The other Mareep began to get closer, ready to defend their friend. Shelby called Spinarak back, knowing full well that it couldn't take on all of the Mareep.

After another hour or so of walking, Shelby realized they were about halfway through the plain. A yawn tore through her lips, and she stretched. Spinarak looked at her curiously. Her back was beginning to ache; both her Charmander and Spinarak were currently getting a ride. She then recalled Spinarak. Charmander clutched her neck tighter, not wanting to go back in its pokeball.

"How about we find some more lone Pokémon to battle?" Shelby asked the little Charmander. Charmander nodded against her neck.

They walked a ways further, until they came to a small pond. Shelby filled up a canteen that she found in her backpack and then handed it to Charmander. She brought out her other Pokémon and let them have a drink as well. They all drank, and then Shelby recalled almost all of them. She kept Pidgey out. She had seen two Poochyena in a brush nearby, and was going to have Pidgey team up with Charmander.

"Ready?" Shelby asked them softly. Pidgey cooed and Charmander nodded. "Charmander use ember on the one on the left and Pidgey you use gust on the one on the right," she said. Pidgey flew up in the air and stirred up a gust attack. Charmander reared its head back then snapped it forward, sending a burst of flame from its mouth and directly to the unsuspecting Poochyena.

They gave startled cries as the attacks hit them. Then they turned abruptly, eyes angry. One Poochyena charged straight for Charmander, opening its jaws to get ready for a bite attack. Shelby told Charmander to use metal claw on the charging Poochyena and told Pidgey to tackle the other. The Poochyena dodged Charmander's attack, and then snapped its jaws down on Charmander's arm. Shelby gave a startled cry. "Pidgey, tackle that Poochyena!" Shelby shouted, pointing to the one that had latched onto Charmander's arm.

The other Poochyena used howl, boosting its own power. Shelby saw it run at Charmander out of the corner of its eye, before Pidgey slammed into the first Poochyena and sent it twisting into the grass. The Poochyena came back and charged at Pidgey, but Pidgey swooped out of its reach. Shelby called to Pidgey and had it use a gust attack, causing the gust to fly straight into both of the Poochyena. Charmander used ember on the gust, causing it to form what looked like a fiery tornado. The Poochyena howled as they slammed against the ground.

"Now Charmander use metal claw! Pidgey you use tackle!" Charmander's sharp claws scratched one of the Poochyena across the back, while Pidgey's keen beak slammed into the other Poochyena's side. The wild Poochyena whimpered and crawled away, thoroughly beaten by Shelby's Pokemon. She looked at them, able to tell they were getting stronger and stronger with each battle they fought.

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Scarecrow113: Nice battles.
    Spinarak grew to Level 8!
    Pidgey grew to Level 9 and its personality changed!
    Charmander grew to Level 14!

Years
    Soon Shelby and Charmander were walking again. She saw a tree and looked up at it curiously. There was something red in the tree…and Shelby wanted to know what it was. So, this resulted in her climbing the tree, with Charmander sitting on the ground looking up at her in a worried way. Shelby kept climbing, and while she was climbing she was also attempting to soothe Charmander into believing that she would be fine.

By the time she had climbed up, she saw what the red was. It was the same group of Yanma as before. They were all sleeping—and rather peacefully at that—near the top of the tree. Shelby quickly sent out Pidgey, and told it to fly Charmander up to the top. Pidgey looked at her in an almost incredulous way, but then it finally swooped down to where Charmander was. It picked Charmander up and flapped its wings furiously, trying to fly it up. Shelby blanched but then recalled Pidgey. She sent out Spinarak instead.

Spinarak carefully used string shot to hoist Charmander up. Shelby helped by tugging on the string. When Charmander finally got close enough, Shelby grabbed the little Pokémon. Charmander clung to Shelby, obviously not liking the fact that it was in a tree and Shelby wanted it to battle one of the Yanma. She saw a large one—what she assumed to be their leader—sleeping just a little higher than the rest. Charmander followed her gaze.

"Char, Charmander, Char!" It protested softly. Shelby looked down at Charmander. It looked slightly frightened. Shelby told it that she'd make sure Charmander was alright. Charmander then looked at the Yanma again. He stood up. Shelby tied about three of Spinarak's strings together and then wrapped that around Charmander. She held on to the loose makeshift rope.

"Metal claw!" Shelby hissed softly. Charmander launched off of the branch it was on and slammed its claws into the Yanma. Yanma woke instantly and almost glared at Charmander. It tackled Charmander back, sending Charmander thudding into another branch. Charmander dug his claws into the tree bark, attempting to hold on. Then by Shelby's command, it scrambled up and unleashed an ember attack. The attack hit Yanma, burning part of its underbelly. Yanma unleashed a strong sonic boom attack, sending Charmander flying out of the tree.

Shelby jumped after it, tugging the string to she could latch onto the small Pokémon. She grabbed Charmander and then rotated so she was the one who hit the ground. She groaned and pushed Charmander off of her, before standing up. "Cut the rope," Shelby said. Charmander slashed the rope with its claws and turned back to the Yanma that was hovering just under the tree. "Ember!" Shelby called, pointing to the Yanma. Charmander stored power for a moment, and then unleashed the ember attack on the Yanma. Yanma cried out as it crashed into the rough tree bark.

Charmander stood proudly. Its claws formed into metal ones as it charged for the Yanma of its own accord. The attack pushed against Yanma, but Yanma was ready. It used a sonic boom attack, sending Charmander flying backwards. Charmander hit a rock and fell forward, but it wasn't defeated yet. Shelby told Charmander to use another ember attack. The flames burst toward Yanma in a rush, engulfing it in fire. Yanma used sonic boom to push the flames back, then Charmander rushed at it, appearing after the sonic boom. It slashed Yanma, but Yanma used a tackle attack to counter. The attacks met in a miniature boom.

Charmander was panting, Shelby could tell it was tired. She was about to recall it when Charmander shook its head stubbornly. It wanted to finish this fight, one way or another. I think Pidgey's stubbornness is contagious, Shelby thought dryly. Charmander stood, continuing to face the large Yanma.

(OOC: This is sort of Part 1 of the battle, so the second part can just count on top of this one as well)

Royal

Artist and Writer
    Years
    Scarecrow113: Part 1 of the battle is good.
    Charmander grew to Level 16 and wants to learn Dragon Rage. Delete a move to make room?
    And...
    Spoiler:

Years
    Suddenly there was a blinding light. Charmander was glowing a white color. Shelby squinted her eyes, and watched as it grew bigger. It's…evolving! Shelby realized. The flame on Charmander's tail grew bigger and brighter while it evolved.

"Char!" Charmeleon said in a slightly deeper voice. Shelby looked at her newly evolved Charmeleon. She thought about what attacks it might be able to use, then she thought of one. I wonder if it can use dragon rage, she thought, looking at the already tired Yanma. Charmeleon looked fit and ready for another fight. Evolving seemed to have given it more strength.

"Use dragon rage!" Shelby shouted. Charmeleon didn't even hesitate. It shot an attack directly out of its mouth, and sent it slamming into the Yanma. Yanma cried out as it hit the tree, but it still got back in the game. Shelby then told Charmeleon to come back, and sent out Spinarak. She just wanted it to get a little bit more experience, then she'd have Pidgey finish Yanma.

"Spinarak use string shot to bind its wings!" Shelby shouted. Yanma's wings beat fast and hard, and Shelby could only hope that Spinarak would make its string strong enough to hold all that power. The string worked because it was so sticky and gooey. Yanma came crashing down to the ground, which gave Spinarak the opening it needed. "Now use poison sting!" Shelby called to Spinarak. Sharp white needles flew out of Spinarak's mouth and pounded into Yanma.

Then Yanma used a sonic boom to break free of the string shot and snap its wings open. Shelby clenched her teeth as the string went flying and Spinarak got thrown back slightly. She returned Spinarak and then sent out Pidgey. Keep it in a nice rotation, she thought, trying to make sure the experience was even for all of her Pokémon. She would train Vulpix on a different one, plus she knew it was already fairly powerful anyway.

"Pidgey, gust attack!" she called, knowing that it would do another fair bit of damage to the Yanma. Yanma flew at Pidgey, slamming into it several times in a tackle attack. Pidgey did the same, ignoring Shelby's calls for it to stop. They met in several harsh tackles, pounding into each other furiously. Pidgey kicked up another gust and launched it at Yanma. Yanma went crashing into the tree, falling to the ground with cuts all over it. Pidgey then flew to Shelby. It grabbed a pokeball in its feet and flew back towards Yanma.

"No!" Shelby shouted. "Pidgey I don't want to catch—"

But it was too late. Pidgey had just dropped the pokeball on Yanma's head, capturing it in a burst of light. Shelby's jaw dropped, are you kidding me?!

(OOC: Part 2...sorry it's short, but I have to leave soon)

The Scientist

Years
    Chapter 1-2, Part 3: Endless Fields!

The PokeBall stilled and the indicator light shut off with a faint chime. Asher picked it up and sat down on a fallen log, Orion at his side. He took off his backpack and after sorting through the assorted items, pulled out a small purple-and-white spray bottle, a Potion. Having not suffered any breaks in his tough skin, the Potion spray didn't sting Orion, but it would accelerate the healing of his inevitable bruises.

Next was his new Heracross. He pulled out another Potion and a handful of berries, and then opened the PokeBall. Heracross appeared before him, still suffering from its Poison. Asher offered it the Berries, knowing that it would instinctively know which one to take. Having fought with countless Weedle and Beedrill in the forest, Heracross knew that the large pink Pecha Berries would ease his illness. He cautiously took the appropriate Berry, then turned his back to Asher and Orion to eat. As he ate, Asher spritzed his shell with the Potion bottle. It stung faintly, but it was necessary to sanitize and seal the wounds left by Orion's Poison Sting. Being healed by the Trainer who had just beaten him left Heracross understandably suspicious, but when Asher spoke up with that authoritative tone, he turned to listen.

"This next lesson is an important one: you never hold any anger towards your opponent. You are not enemies, you are now Brothers. That fight you were in was not out of anger, but was a test of skill... for both of you. Use what you learned in combat to improve your own capabilities. Understand?"

The two Pokemon watched him carefully. Although they hadn't understood exactly what he meant by 'Brothers', the tension among the three of them eased. The hostility hadn't completely vanished, but Orion and Heracross both knew that they were at a stalemate in terms of their physical strength.

Without being told, Orion took off to check the direction of the volcano. He descended quickly and led Asher and Heracross in the right direction. As they followed the flying scorpion, Asher thought of a title for Heracross. "In the old stories," he started, "Atlas was a giant who was so strong that he could hold up the world. Are strong enough to take his name?" Heracross stopped for a moment to consider what his new Trainer had just said. Could he move the world?

He raised his arms and sharply said "Cru!" And with his approval, Heracross immediately became Atlas.

The trees were gradually becoming less dense, and for the first time since he had left the Volcanis base, Asher could see the volcano... which was much further away than he had thought. There was quite some distance between the edge of the forest and the volcano, and the gap was filled with a large stretch of grassy plain. The Pokemon Asher saw in the field didn't seem very strong, but remembering how he found Atlas, he resolved that he just may run into something that was worth his time.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back